How do you justify listening to (t)rap when you don't even remotely live the same lifestyle as they do...

How do you justify listening to (t)rap when you don't even remotely live the same lifestyle as they do? Do you like listening to other people brag about themselves?

By your logic, I'd have to be a heroin addict to enjoy Nirvana.

WHY DID YOU ENCLOSE THE T IT DOESNT EVEN MAKE A JOKE OR ANYTHING

Nope, many of their songs aren’t about heroin, and the ones that are about heroin are written to be vague enough so that the listener can interpret them to fit their life situations

how do you listen to tom waits when you're not a drunk barfly gambling in new orleans? do you just like listening to people talk about debauchery?

how do you justify listening to the beatles if you've never taken psychedelics or been in love? do you like listening to people sing about things you've never experienced?

how do you justify listening to sufjan stevens if you don't believe in god and you've never had feelings for a man? do you like listening to people crying about the conflict between their religion and their self?

it slaps

See

Trap has literally no artistic value in that its subject matter is stated in a completely black and white fashion:

“money fallin out my drawers aye, wearin fancy clothes aye, got about 10 hoes aye”

>and the ones that are about heroin are written to be vague enough so that the listener can interpret them to fit their life situations

ahahahaha
you think aneurysm is "vague" about heroin?

>Come on over
>Do the twist, aha
>Overdo it
>And have a fit, aha
>Love you so much
>Makes me sick, aha
>Come on over
>Do the twist, aha

yeh bro such relateable lyrics i can really apply this to my own life experiences, glad i'm not listening to (c)rap

How do you listen to classical music when you don't live remotely the same style as musical geniuses from ANOTHER FUCKING CENTURY?

what kind of STUPID Fucking faggot ass fucking question is this holy fucking SHIT OP go fucking kill yourself honestly for being so fucking dumb.

you listen to whatever you want because it gives you a feeling, or delight etc. like fucking slit your fat fucking throat

you haven't listened to much trap if that's all you think it is, you're a fucking ignoramus

You’re retarded if you think those are comprehensive 3deep5u lyrics about heroin

>Trap has literally no artistic value in that its subject matter is stated in a completely black and white fashion

so things that are stated in black and white language are inherently not artistic? this is the most retarded argument i've literally ever hear

Not an argument

honestly yeah i find it entertaining to hear people thinking they're cool for the way act and the drugs they do, but sorta like in a comedic way.

>You’re retarded if you think those are comprehensive 3deep5u lyrics about heroin

where did i say anything about the lyrics being deep? what i'm saying is the lyrics are obviously about heroin use with basically zero room for interpretation

Damn dude you got a pretty shitty musical taste

>he doesn't know how to defend his points, so he says there isn't an argument
congrats man, your iq test results are in and its lower than your number of chromosomes

I pretty much do though, I'm rich and own lots of fancy cars, jewelry, etc

>hurr i have to identify personally with the media i enjoy
dont like rap and especially dont like trap tho (trip hop is good though)

It's just about being an asshole and making yourself feel better than everyone else. If you're a mean, selfish person then you can relate to it, just like how all sensitive betas can relate to Radiohead.

i don't care about lyrics in the slightest. i'm not a native english speaker, can't understand the slang

I've sold drugs before and smoke weed every day, driven a stolen car, and been arrested for felony drug charges. I have been present for and watched a man die from a gunshot wound. I'm also a whiteboi with mostly "good people/stereotypical college grads settling into a normal life" friends who know nothing about this part of my life, and believe me to be a regular 20 something stressed dude. Do I get a pass? I don't like trap rap that much , but I want a pass because I really "vibe" it in some settings.

(c)rap fags btfo

>he can't refute an argument so he resorts to ad hominems

I always thought is was "Come on Ogre", how many dicks do you have to suck for your Vs to sound like Gs, shit.

>the lyrics are obviously about heroin use with basically zero room for interpretation

That's like your interpretation of the lyrics though, man. I see literally nothing that overtly expresses heroin use. Nirvana fags re the worst in how they inject their preconceived notions as to what his lyrics meant since they've researched everything to what time of the day he took a shit.