So the general consensus is that the show was better when it had an objective right...

So the general consensus is that the show was better when it had an objective right? The show was best when they were trying to find the cure and the walkers were the main threat. They really dropped the ball after that. Some of the governor stuff was ok. But damn Negan is a shitty villain.

>Objective: SURVIVE!

The show is about making Rick look like a badass and doing brutal things to survive. Since he's killed a bunch of humans and walkers, he's great at it. So they have to invent a villain who can make Rick look like a bitch, only for Rick to come back as a ruthless badass who takes no shit.

they never tried to find the cure, and the point of the entire show is that the walkers stop being a main threat. you should have known this from season 2 when they suddenly turned into zombie killing masters.

stop watching.

twd is the ultimate pleb filter

Negan is dope. Negan posting is the way of the future.

>leans back smugly

>The show was best when they were trying to find the cure and the walkers were the main threat

Kill yourself

>But damn Negan is a shitty villain.

Holy fuck kill yourself again

soon
>STANDING

>Negan
>shitty villain

LMAO, sure cuck.

Even if you find his persona and constant leaning annoying, just the fact that he was introduced by killing two major characters and making Rick his bitch automatically makes him at least a good villain.

>Negan is a shitty villain
He might act like a villain, but he really isn't evil and that's what makes his character interesting. He just does things that seems shitty to the "heroes" of the show.

Rick's people killed like 20+ of his people and all he does is take one life as payment (and another for a different reason). Now imagine what Rick would've done if someone killed that many from his group. Negan's a leader, just like Rick, and though his actions are more ruthless and his ego gets in the way, he's still quite a reasonable guy that naturally puts his group before other groups. It's hard to tell now but if the series follows the comics you'll see he's basically an anti-hero and not just evil for the hell of it. The only difference between him and Rick is ego and methods of maintaining order.

>only point of show is to see who dies next

it went off the rails when they were trying to get the dude with a mullet to washington dc but then out of nowhere they made him a liar so they could milk the show forever

tip: he was a liar from the beginning. it was implied from the get-go.

they just fucked up the reveal in the show

I think the zombies should die out already and the rest of the show will be about humans trying to rebuilt things.

even so - the concept of a survival journey with an end is more appealing and entertaining than just seeing who dies each week

thats why the first few seasons are so much better

the end is humanity being rebuilt, which is no less valid an end than finding a magic cure and saving the world.

What? Seasons 2 and 3 are the worst of the show, ever, and Season 1 is only slightly better. All told, the first three seasons are actually by far the weakest.

it really is getting to the point of annoying
"oh look another convenient horde of walkers!!!! wow how did they find us in the middle of bumfuck nowhere!!!!!!"
i could suspend my disbelief one, two, five times, but ten? sorry

I agree, it does feel fucking pointless. I will admit I'm butthurt about stupid Glenn too. It feels like when Game of Thrones started to get shitty and the only value of the show was tits and random gory character deaths, and this show doesn't even have tits.

I don't give a shit anymore. The only point of watching the show now is just to see if they can miraculously give it a purpose again.

That would only appeal to literal 12 year old boys.

Even when Rick inevitably kills Neegar, it won't really be satisfying and I won't fucking care anymore.

I like it a lot more when they are out on the road and actually have to deal with things in a more natural way. The writers try so hard to force bad situations upon them once they settle down that everything just feels so corny.

negan doesnt die