We don't know anything about Snoke

>We don't know anything about Snoke
>We don't know anything about the Knights of Ren
>We are never shown how Kylo is seduced to the dark side by Snoke
>How does Kylo have Vader's helmet if it was burnt in the fire by Luke at the end of Episode 6?
>We don't know how Maz got Luke's lightsaber
>Why is Rey so powerful with the force? How does she know what mind tricking is? What is the point of her being trained when she is a master at everything including knowing how to fix and modify the falcon: a ship that she had never been on before?
>Why are the Resistance so poor looking when the Rebels defeated the Empire 30 years ago?
>Why does the New Order exist if the Empire were completely destroyed 30 years ago? Surely the Resistance should be more advanced than the New Order with weapons.
>Why did Poe abandon Finn when he crashed in Jakku and abandon his mission: to find BB-8? Did Poe just simply go back to the Resistance base and tell Leia, "Sorry I crashed on Jakku and I know I really wanted to find BB-8 to get the map so we can find Luke's location but I think I will have a rest now from doing that... I am sure BB-8 will turn up eventually."
I don't understand how this film as a high score on Rotten Tomatoes and how people praise this when it suffers from so many plot holes and problems.

>Finn's rifle which Han gives him when exiting the falcon as they go into Maz's Temple vanishes in a future scene when the New Order invade. Finn yells at Maz "I need a weapon" even though this makes no sense when Han gave him a rifle earlier.

This problem is answered when you watch this deleted scene because a stormtrooper orders Finn to drop the weapon:
youtube.com/watch?v=qB3G2hkn278

How is a film with so many plot holes, editing errors praised?

Most of these may be explained in Episode 8 but why should we have to wait that long?

As a standalone film, The Force Awakens fails incredibly.

>I don't understand how this film as a high score on Rotten Tomatoes
Because the majority of the critics think it is at least a 6/10

>How does she know what mind tricking is?
She doesn't. She felt Kylo Ren pushing into her mind. She pushed back in response to it. In doing so, she learned that she can affect the minds of others.

Why do some people have so much difficulty understanding this? The movie makes it very clear.

>As a standalone film, The Force Awakens fails incredibly.
I made a vocal claim in real life about how in five years people will think TFA is the worst of the 9. I was laughed at.

Also that deleted scene pisses me off so much.
>good Han quip
>showing awareness of how stupid Snoke is as a name
>explains Finn losing his gun
>makes Maz slightly better
>rehumanizes stormtroopers

Nah fuck it delete it we need rathtars

>She felt Kylo Ren pushing into her mind. She pushed back in response to it. In doing so, she learned that she can affect the minds of others.
This makes absolutely no sense.

So just from Kylo pushing into her mind she knows that you must speak calmly to someone to get them to do your commands? Jeez

Because she uses extremely specific phrasing that apparently Kylo was unaware of. And she makes him drop his gun without a clear mind.

The movie makes it clear to people who know what star Wars is.

>tfw Episode 8 will be a complete waste of Rian Johnson's time

Do you actually think that when someone uses the Jedi mind trick, they're just speaking to the target and not actually reaching into their minds? Why do you think it's called the Jedi Mind Trick, retard?

Yeah that deleted scene is great. I would have loved to see this in the cinema.

>"Do you know a Smoke?"
It's even more funny when you realize this scene is made for the general audience because we have no idea who the fuck Snoke is anyway so Han says the line like we would.

JJ could have easily included this scene and as soon as Han says "It's broken" cut to Rey out in open shooting the stormtroopers with a gun and then cut to Han killing stormtroopers as he exists the building with Finn, Chewie and Maz.

I have no problem not knowing how they were able to escape the underground (it turns out Maz used the force but JJ didn't like this scene so he cut it out, probably thinking that fans are going to criticize Maz like Yoda in Episode 2).

But yeah this is by far one of the worst edited films.

Every example in the series show it as a specific gesture and phrasing that distracts the mind.

>Kylo: a Sith trying to get into a young girl's mind = the young girl is now so powerful and she can mind trick anyone she pleases
Yeah nah I am not buying this at all.

>Every example in the series show it as a specific gesture and phrasing that distracts the mind.
THAT'S how you mind trick!

You wave your hand around because you are distracting the person from the trick. Simply talking to them won't work (unless you are a Mary Sue).

>not giving information that potentially sets up sequels in what has been confirmed to be a multi-movie series is now considered a plot hole

Explain my points about the editing error of Finn's rifle, Poe abandoning his mission and returning to Leia, the Resistance being poor and New Order able to build Starkiller Base when the Resistance should have stopped them.

I can't, to be honest I stopped reading your post halfway through and skipped to the last lines

The plot holes are set up to be explained int he sequels. Felt kind of obvious, couldn't you tell?

Watto knew what mind tricks were. Jabba knew what mind tricks were.

It is known

>Watto knew what mind tricks were. Jabba knew what mind tricks were.
They were mature beings when Rey is just a young kid.

>It is known
.....just....dont

This. And others who are quite simply paid to like it.

>kids shouldn't know about jedi stuff

She knew about han solo and we're acting like her knowing about jedi mind tricks is weird?

Well she did have his ship...
But didn't know what it looked like?
And she knew what the kessel run was?
And a parsec?
And Wookie?

>And Wookie?
She also was able to talk to Chewie and understand everything he says.

She was always able to talk to BB-8 and understand everything he says.

Not even Luke knew what R2-D2 said unless he communicated with him inside a ship's computer.

>But Rey isn't a Mary Sue cos dat sexist :^)

>We don't know anything about Vader
>We don't know anything about the empire
>we are never shown how Vader is seduced to the dark side
>we don't know anything about the rebellion
>if Obi Wan is living in hiding, why did he not change his name or wear a disguise?
>how come the death star can be conveniently destroyed by 1 torpedo?
>how did Luke get so good at being an x-wing pilot with no training? It's like a kid being good at driving a tractor winning the formula 1.

prequels

>>We don't know anything about the empire
The Clone Wars is mentioned and so is the fall of the Jedi so we are aware of a great battle which Vader took command of as Jedi were wiped out and Obi Wan is a survivor.

>if Obi Wan is living in hiding, why did he not change his name or wear a disguise?
He did change his name. Ben.

We as the audience in 1977 don't know anything about seduction so this will never cross our mind. This is a new universe. But as for force awakens, we know everything so we need answers to what happened to our beloved characters in between the 30 years.

You don't even have to go that deep into it. Rey did a Jedi Mind Trick because it's a Star Wars movie and since neither of the mentor characters, Han or Maz were actual jedis, Rey was the only person on the good side that could have made the Jedi Mind Trick reference.

The only possible way to salvage this shit is have Rey turn to the Dark Side and Kylo turn good, with Snoke being Plagueis.

>Why did Poe abandon Finn when he crashed in Jakku
Oh man. JJ The Hack Fraud Fuck Beyond Reproach said in the TFA commentary that Poe originally died there but they brought him back last minute because JJ thought it would be hella uplifting for Le Star Wars Kiddies. I am not joking. He even said something like "Yeah it doesn't make any sense this way but I think the payoff is worth it :)"

We know he's a bad guy working for the Empire and was a fallen Jedi.
>We don't know anything about the empire
We know the Empire wants to take over the galaxy.
That wasn't an important detail, it was best left to the imagination. The prequels ruined this.
>we don't know anything about the rebellion
They're fighting against the evil Empire.
He did. Ben.
>how come the death star can be conveniently destroyed by 1 torpedo?
It was explained in the movie.
>how did Luke get so good at being an x-wing pilot with no training? It's like a kid being good at driving a tractor winning the formula 1.
Not an important detail.

>We as the audience in 1977 don't know anything about seduction so this will never cross our mind.

>implying nobody wondered, "at what point in his life did Vader become a bad guy?"
fuck outta here

Half of this shit are things that are purposefully left unexplained to allow Episodes VIII and IX to answer those questions. It would be like expecting Episode I to explain how child anakin gets put into the darth vader suit. The first movie is supposed to generate more questions than answers, it's part of a planned trilogy, we wont truly know what things are plot holes and what things are just dropped threads until this shit is over.

Also people seem to forget that STAR WARS is just flash gordon 2.0 being silly and a bit bullshit is part of the charm.

OP do you even know what an ACTUAL plot hole is?

You don't

The Force Awakens is the SEVENTH movie in a beloved franchise. A New Hope was totally new. Stop fucking doing this comparison just beacuse JJ thought it would be epic to remake A New Hope. It was a stupid decision on his part. Only massive fanboys would thank him for it.

>just wait for the sequels bro
Yeah I can't wait for Luke to vaguely reference Kylo destroying the Jedi Order so they can mirror Obi Wan or Yoda some more. I want to actually SEE ALL THIS SHIT. Who gives a fuck about Rey anyways? Give me Luke Skywalker and his apprentice Ben Solo. They pander to nostalgia while shitting all over the characters people love.

>30 years after the war is over
>Leia is still leading a rebel army that exists for no reason