Opinions on St. Vincent? What is her best album?

Opinions on St. Vincent? What is her best album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=whxF0KhBR84&index=3&list=PL655E172498F8D6DB
youtube.com/watch?v=CTg4WKcOJ3g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Strange Mercy

bump

>Opinions on St. Vincent?
Gay. Not enough substance to NOT accompany it with visual style and appeal.
>What is her best album?
The least gay one

Go ahead and kill me guys, but I like Masseduction the best. I’ve listened to every one except Marry Me. Strange Mercy is very close though.

WB/10

This

Stupid washed up dyke whore move along folks nothing to see here
All her music is 20 years late to the scene

nice

Marry Me is her bestimo

Is there video footage of her in this outfit?

Underrated

Nice upskirt

I haven't listened to masseduction but marry me is fucking dope youtube.com/watch?v=whxF0KhBR84&index=3&list=PL655E172498F8D6DB

I like her Music Man

Her self-titled is the best one if only because of Digital Witness

actor is great too. it has marrow and actor out of work.

terrible
can't sing, can't play

then explain her success (commercial + critical acclaim).

Talentless successful people are pretty common.

This.

Shit is manufactured. Suck the right dick and you're set commercially because you get advertised and people are retards. Weinsteins manufacture stars. Shit is like the prole music of 1984.

>can't sing
not true, she just doesn't sing enough. too many of her songs are talk-singing

>can't play
she's a decent guitarist

1. Actor
2. Strange Mercy
3. Marry Me
4. St. Vincent
5. MASSEDUCTION

I don't really like Love this Giant

yeah, she performs the 2nd half of her act (MASSEDUCTION in its entirety) in it.

She's great live, but the crowds for the last 2 tours of hers have been awful. Hoping she plays some festivals this year and the crowds are lively. I'm just sad because I don't think she'll ever make a song like Krokodil again or play it live ever again.

Sells sex under various pretensions, can't respect that. But truth is I really don't care for her music, at her best she sounds like an extremely derivative Bowie + Byrne shtick that does neither as well as they do.

>made a whole album with David Byrne

he seems to think she's something

So? Robert Fripp thinks Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo is a good movie and he's my absolute favourite artist, it's still a shitty Rob Schneider flick.

speaking from experience?
they are. however they don't get critical acclaim. annie clark got a lot of praise. i hope you don't imply that everyone is deluded and you're right.

does Robert Fripp make comedy movies?

Are you familiar with the concept of logical fallacies?

>76876694
>yeah, she performs the 2nd half of her act (MASSEDUCTION in its entirety) in it.
Got a link?

Attempting to take her seriously in the first place was a mistake on your part.

Maybe. If she's one of those pop acts that you're not supposed to take seriously and it's just artsy fartsy noise then I'm not missing out on anything anyway.

Is she a good guitar player or does she just wear it as an ornament?

masseduction is my second favorite, behind only marry me. they're her two most different, but you should definitely listen to marry me.

Critics are part of advertising, user.

You came here for an honest opinion and you got it, if you aren't going to do anything with it then fuck off.

i kinda can ser her butt cheeks in this pic.
MOAR

Correct. I am still waiting for a link to her performance in that outfit.

nah, I saw her. Somebody in the crowd was talking about how he watched some livestreamed performances from earlier in the tour, so you could probably find some.

Her guitar technique is as classically correct as any great metal guitarist. She's a better guitar player than most male lead singers.

>Her guitar technique is as classically correct as any great metal guitarist
What?

L E G S
E
G
S

Why is it so hard for some people to accept the existence of musicians with titties

>she never does anything impressive with her guitar playing BUT SHE TOTALLY CAN BRO
lmao

women are for fucking, not for music

>Why is it so hard for some people to accept the existence of musicians with titties
What does that have to do with?
>Her guitar technique is as classically correct as any great metal guitarist
Is this a non sequitur hour? Did I miss something?

Just listen to it. I dare you to say you're not impressed.
youtube.com/watch?v=CTg4WKcOJ3g

>Just listen to it. I dare you to say you're not impressed.
You've already admitted you can't be satisfied with a negative answer with this, rendering any replies useless.

Not that user but I think she is an interesting guitar player.
Reminds me of Frank Zappa for some reason although she doesn't sound like him.
There is more to an instrument than just playing cliches really quickly.

>it has to be impossible to play or it's not good

Nobody ever questions how much men are involved in the production of their own music, or whether men are just using their instruments as props

This is non sequitur hour, alright.

Is this a joke? I did actually listen to it. Waiting for that CLASSICALLY CORRECT technique. lmao

I don't see anything interesting about her playing. Fairly boring. She can play fine but that's it.
>There is more to an instrument than just playing cliches really quickly.
I never insinuated this.

Impressive is not the same as good. David Gilmour's guitar solos are good but they are not impressive.
The Annie Clark defense force is really a sight to behold. I don't give two half shits that she has a vagina.

It's only a non sequitur if you choose to ignore the context

>Nobody ever questions how much men are involved in the production of their own music, or whether men are just using their instruments as props
That's because it's usually incredibly obvious how little most men have to do with the actual musical work going on behind "their" music. Just look at the credits list for virtually any major album.

>dude she can shred just like all the metalheads
>she just never does because she doesn't want to
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN HER GUITAR PLAYING IS NOT IMPRESSIVE? IT'S NOT ABOUT SPEED BRO THAT'S NOT WHAT MAKES IT GOOD
then why the fuck did you bring up her """"classically correct"""" technique in the first place?

Waifufag autism fellas, not even once. Look what it does to this retard.

Strange Mercy is her best album and also her last good album. Afterwards, she went all "kooky xD loool im like wacky but socially woke and bisexual btw"

waifufaggots should be banned on site

What context? I'm still trying to decipher what you actually want to talk about.

Nah, I'd suck her dick if she had one though

Strange mercy is for plebbitors. Real good Annie is marry me and actor.

bump!

Wyoming.

>the scene
scene?

>paint the black hole blacker
That song is the best she ever did

anyway, first two albums. The rest is overrated garbage.

Her music is promoted at Starbucks. Corporate America’s idea of a cool artist. Venti pumpkin spice latte of “artists”

You can hate on that PSL all you want, deep down, you know you want it.

I'm not impressed