That'll be 5 million dollars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oO6E3RmI8XA
youtube.com/watch?v=lSIuQsD9W4M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ckom3gf57Yw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bet you know a lot about mastering amirite bro eheh

Who needs dynamic range anyway?

This dirrty santa clause is going to produce the next album by your favorite artist. How screwed are you?

just fuck my track up

Basement Jaxx having anything touched by Rubin would hurt like crazy

I don't even know how that'd work without completely ruining their sound. Their songs all sound like there's a hundred things going on. Everything Rubin's touched sounds like it's just four or five channels (while sounds like it's just one) stripped to the bare basics

I'd feel horrible seeing them do that and I'd feel horrible listening to it. It'd be horrible

I know about dem quads.

>favorite album gets (((remastered))) by Rick Rubin

Unwound
Would be interesting

Big Black remastered by Rick Rubin

reminder that the Guitar Hero version of Death Magnetic are considered to be way better than the official release by this havk

>pushes volume on all stems to max
That'll be one million dollars plus tip.

wait it was rick rubin that did this? Was he the mastering engineer?

hi rick

Yes, top is Rick Rubin's version and the bottom is from the Guitar Hero rip. The funny thing about it is the you know the people who did the audio for GH were just slapping together the stems without doing anything, and yet it sounds 100x better and more professionally made.

holy shit, why do the industry take rick rubin seriously again?

((($$$)))

*meditates your path*

**samples popular classic rock song your path**

Money well-spent.

I can do that make me producer give me money

Hilarious. Rubin is a hack.

not good enough, the end bit is not all the way up, it should end abruptly

oh yeah, i've heard it before. Back in the day he was a mix engineer though wasn't he? Or a producer?

youtube.com/watch?v=oO6E3RmI8XA

youtube.com/watch?v=lSIuQsD9W4M

I don't mind the rick rubin version here

He's credited as the sole producer.

I've literally seen harsh noise music mastered better than this

dude it literally sounds like digital clipping, this is not what loud and aggressive metal music is supposed to sound like

Thats the guy who made TMV chorus verse chorus

Metallica is retarded when it comes to music production. AJFA doesn't have any bass at all.

their music has, at times, sounded awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=Ckom3gf57Yw

>records your band with 1 microphone into casio cassette recorder
>for cred

That'll be $15 and a hot meal please

gladly
the black album has impeccable production

Holy shit

>samples i love rock n roll and zombie for your record
That'll be 5 million dollars.

>My Bloody Valentine (prod. Rick Rubin)
that'll be the day lol

>milo produced by Rick Rubin
Fuck that would be awful.

lol

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

'You know, working with Rick Rubin was a very enriching experience. He is truly a great mind. . .' Let me give you the fucking truth of it. Rick Rubin showed up for 45 minutes a week. Yeah. Rick Rubin would then, during that 45 minutes, lay on a couch, have a mic brought in next to his face so he wouldn't have to fucking move. I swear to God. And then he would be, like, 'Play it for me.' The engineer would play it. And he had shades on the whole time. Never mind the fact that there is no sun in the room it's all dark. You just look like an asshole at that point. And he would just stroke his huge beard and try and get as much food out of it as he could. And he would go, 'Play it again.' And then he'd be, like, 'Stop! Do that over.' And he had an assistant who was seven feet tall. He had that disease where you can't grow hair on your body, so he was just bald. He looked like Mr. Clean's neurotic cousin. But he basically ran Rick Rubin's life like, he was just fucking on it, on it, on it, on it. About half way through our precious 45 minutes, he would bring in this plate of shit. I assume it was food. It was bluish green. It smelled like someone had just plunged a fucking toilet somewhere. And he would eat it as fast as he could just get it in there, all over himself. Which is, when you're working, so wonderful to look at . . . I will say this: I respect what Rick Rubin has done, I respect the work that he has done in the past to get to where he is now. But this is a huge but this is a J.Lo-sized 'but...' I will say this: The Rick Rubin of today is a thin, thin, thin shadow of the Rick Rubin that he was. He is overrated, he is overpaid, and I will never work with him again as long as I fucking live."

>he had an assistant who was 7 feet tall
>he had no hair on his body

wut

The thing that I love about Albinicore is that it sounds like it was recorded in a basement, but the most audio friendly basement in the world.

>David Bowie produced by Rick Rubin
Assuming he was still alive it’d be like a heavier “Man Who Sold the World 2”.

The assistant has no hair on his body, Rick is a hairy motherfucker

ITT: idiots

Rick Rubin didn't master it

rick rubin looks cool. I would hire him just for his coolness but don't let him touch anything.

>letting him get away with it.

Devin Townsend by way of Rick Rubin

Eh, Dev's stuff as of late has been sounding super stale to me, but I still don't want Rick anywhere near it

Getting away with what?