If you enjoy music primarily for the words then you are a mentally retarded person

If you enjoy music primarily for the words then you are a mentally retarded person.

But I only listen to spoken word...

i enjoy music primarily for audio quality of lossless formats

Wise word my the dude

No one enjoys music primarily for the words. If they did, poetry recordings would be similarly popular.

There was a muh feels thread the other day that was primarily lyrics posting.

Yeah but most people wouldn’t just listen to those words being read. They’re secondary, or at most equal to the music.

my mom only likes music for the lyrics but that's because she has a phd in english and is a rhetoric professor. does this count, op?

are you literally shaking?

Reminder that if you discount the lyrics in a song, you are a poor judge of art and need to cease posting on a music board immediately

Explain why most people can't into instrumental music then

lyrics are the least important part of music

You probably like the mountain goats faggot

It sounds like you heard someone say this and assumed they were smart because they sounded confident

The mountain goats can't fucking sing or play guitar. If you can bear to listen to them or hardcore punk for example then you are a mentally retarded person.

Yes, I *enjoy* hearing the half baked political opinions of people too stupid to play actual chords.

Because they're too autistic to understand what to feel during the song if the artist doesn't literally say it with the lyrics

actually the inability to empathize is more indicative of being on the spectrum
I would say that people who listen to exclusively or primarily non-vocal music are more like to be autistic

I mostly prefer music with vocals over instrumentals but I barely listen to lyrics at all. It's something about the versatility of the voice as an instrument that's kind of hard to explain. I think it also has to do with the fact that vocals use sounds we can easily recognize and follow along in the form of words.

I think it's that vocals can change timbre and tone while instruments cannot do so as swiftly or easily. I really enjoy r&b note bends and harmonies in classic country. But I don't care about the words much at all.

I bet you like prog

>being a retarded person

It's all about the *feeling* at the *show* man. The *energy* man. That's why I sewed a bunch of patches on a levis (tm) denim jacket bro. The corperations dude.

And no, not really. I dislike bands that sound like they are jamming as opposed to a composition.

Yes I think that's definitely part of it.

Savages like OP are the reason hacks like Kanye are famous

I hate kanye though. If hip hop pervades any of these themes I don't listen to it and look down on those who do:

>i used to be poor but now I have monies
>womens love me because I now got monies and status
>im black and black people are black
>i have not changed since i derived said monies and status
>people are jealous of my stuff and monies

>If hip hop pervades any of these themes I don't listen to it and look down on those who do:
>thinking your better than someone based on musical preferences
yikes!

Me on the left

>lyrics are the least important part of music
If you could explain why this is, you would have by now.

Music doesnt need good lyrics, people who think it does only use music as a fashion statement. Prove me wrong

What the fuck have you done, Sup Forums

Music is the highest emotional language in and of itself and doesn't need to be dumbed down to verbal language. People who listen to music primarily for the words are musically illiterate. The raw feeling derived from instrumental music is only detracted from when confined by verbal context. It can no longer be extrapolated upon or related to another subject than originally intended because it has been caged in by lyrics to apply to only one subject.

I'm better because I understand the themes well enough that they can add nothing more to my life or mind.

I look down on grown adults reading youth fiction like Harry Potter too. If life is about growth, and it is, then stagnating to consumption of the elementary is to be looked down upon.

so edgy!

How is believing in personal growth edgy?

Wow, what beautiful taste here. Thanks for the quick laugh, user :)

>he listens to poetry about the same simplistic and vapid themes on repeat and gets butthurt when people think that's stupid

you sound like the same kinda bitter fat fuck that'll larp on Sup Forums about eugenics
personal growth isn't edgy, hating and looking down on people based on the kinds of music they listen to and the kinds of books they read is edgy.

user, since you are so set on making yourself better at all costs, even to the distaste of simple forms of enjoyment. Why even reply to someone you see as a brainlet?

How does this help you to self-progress, user?

Also, way to be an autist and really believe that:
>muh taste > everyone else's because they're sheeple XD

Looking down on stagnation isn't edgy. I hate on it because I want them to do better and believe that they can. Contempt and therefore nonchalance for their actions would be edgy. Contempt is far worse than hate because it means you don't believe the person is capable of bettering themself.

Being in shape is basic personal hygine and people who do not exercise regularly disgust me.

I enjoy arguing for fun. It's good rhetoric training for real life verbal confrontations.

man, I spent a year in iraq and I came out less bitter, cynical, and edgy. you should learn how to meditate, or perhaps take your meds?

Oh, boy. Oh, boy. I didn't know I was dealing with a true blue red-pilled man. My bad, bro. You're way superior to me and everyone else with all your opinions and feelings, senpai. Easily. Man, you're really trouncing my rhetoric and everything. Man, you're so sick, bro.

underage and clearly offended

Please make an attempt to out reason me rather than saying nothing and speaking in circles.

nothing to reason my dude you're just a bitter fedorable tub of lard and not worth my time

>I hate on it because I want them to do better and believe that they can.
you reach a point where it becomes so clear how degenerate the west is that this type of idealism becomes incredibly mentally taxing

Agreed.

The fact that this thread is this detailed is proof op is right

>Thinks lyrics are overrated
>Hates kanye

So you can't use your words and defend being a lyricspleb?

Weird that someone who doesn't even care for lyrics is more articulate than someone who does.

Here's a last (You) for you, pal. Just cause you're really working so hard for them.

Also, nice projecting, my man. Really working on that rhetoric and shit, my guy.

I've noticed a strong correlation between these kinds of reaction images and anons that are very meticulously argumentative, weird

Sick finds, bro. When are you gonna post them on your academic blog? Would love to follow it.

It's not a negative observation. You've been pretty much right the whole way through this thread btw

I misread what you wrote, and I misconstrued what you meant. My bad. I'm on far too many cold meds.

People who think they are really smart can't help themselves but argue themselves out of being called mongoloids on internet forums. It's like light to a moth for them.

>Music is the highest emotional language in and of itself
Prove it

Damn dude, you're really smart. You should start a blog or something

Is the orange cheetoe dust?

Some real talk right here.

>not listening exclusively to nasheeds

While this is true, inane lyrics ruin otherwise enjoyable music for some people, i.e. me.
Would rather listen to instrumental music than something with unispired lyrics.

I enjoy ambient field recordings specifically for the faint sounds of cars driving in the background.

So in that case, would that discount ADoseofBuckley's opinions on music, seeing as he seldom criticizes music for it's composition other than "It's repetitive" and "it sounds like a mess."

*?

Hey, don't I know it. I should start a cult.

First get the white clothes and long hair, fleshout the details after.

If there are lyrics they should be good, not just vocal filler.

I think the vocal melody and delivery is more important than the actual lyrics. But, nothing will ruin a song faster than really shitty lyrics.

Some people can look past the cheating in their relationship. I can look past the lyrics if the music sick.