/trek/

So did Kira and O'Brien ever get fully functional with each other?

Did Keikhole watch?

Why didn't they just assassinate Kai Wynn?

STAR TREK NEEDS MORE DRESSES

do you want martyrs? because that's how you get martyrs

People hated the bitch.

>Cardassia had 60 years to raze Bajoran religious sites
>Monasteries are still fucking everywhere
>They didn't even steal the Prophets

They did manage to acquire a fair amount of the currently available orbs, but it's hard to believe that Dukat's supposedly more malevolent predecessor didn't do more damage.

because she's a great character

Yeah; I'm asking in-universe.

/ourguys/ hated her but she was still elected Kai so she can't be that unpopular among the plebs

Normal Bajorans are also super religious. Murdering a supreme spiritual leader is just not on the table (until counter-spiritual reasons crop up like the Pah-Wraith cult).

assassinating the Kai would be extremely sacrilegious from the Bajorans' perspective, regardless of anyone's opinions about her. And most people weren't aware how Machiavellian she was so it's not like they be all "Oh, okay, you killed the Kai. I'm sure you had good reasons."

Most importantly, Winn is more devious than pretty much anyone except for Garak, who would have no reason to want her dead. The risks would be too great considering the possible consequences/reprisals

My child, the people have spoken and stood with me.

We do dearly mourn the death of Kai Opaka but it's time to move forward.

>Walk with the prophets

>We do dearly mourn the death of Kai Opaka but it's time to move forward.
Sisko should have just arranged for Wynn to crash on the same planet. Maybe in a more fragile shuttlecraft so she wouldn't be able to leave either.

>send the evil Kai to go live in eternal hell with the good Kai
>Opaka's work keeping the undead soldiers from permanently murdering themselves would be for nothing

Sick bastard you are!

I wonder what they told people about what happened to Opaka? Kira seemed to show that she wasn't exaggerating when she said everyone loved her, I'd be absolutely shocked if no Bajorans tried to go and find her and spend eternity with her helping the needy and working for the Prophets.

Same shit people tell Christians when they go missing.

>it's time to heal the wounds and move on, she's with Jesus/the Prophets now

>Okay guys, we're about to go assault an underground base and retrieve a hostage
>Are five people in jumpsuits with handguns enough?
>Yeah, sounds good

Why the fuck doesn't either Starfleet or the Bajoran security forces have SWAT teams? The Bajoran military in particular is full of people who have spent their entire lives playing Rambo and executing lightning raids and yet they never seem to have any kit except a fucking hand phaser no matter what they're doing.

Proving yet again that Bajorans are an inferior race

Not to mention, Bajoran phasers can emit a nadeon pulse so it can be turned into a good perimeter stun gun to stop entire squadrons of Cardies when in retreat.

reminder that opaka collaborated with the cardassians and murdered her own son

We wuz Kang.

The only explanation I can think of is that Starfleet Academy doesn't teach ground-based warfare strategy for some reason. In the DS9 2-parter where that Admiral guy tries to take over the planet, he mentions they have personal force-fields for their troops but we never saw anyone using them, even in places where it would have made victory easy, like the Siege of AR-1488.

>inferior race

That you creampied

>reminder that opaka collaborated with the cardassians and murdered her own son

Wait, wut? Was this what Bareil said to Kira that one time or was it when Wynn was trying to take the position?

Why do I not recall this.

I find it even sillier given that the fucking NX-01 - literally the first even semi-modern terran vessel, admininstrated by an organization with no military authority - carried a detachment of marines which ended up saving the ass of the crew numerous times.

Wynn tried to frame Bareil for it so he couldn't be Kai, he accepted the blame to protect Opaka but Kira later worked it out.

From 2x24- The Collaborator

>AR-1488
I see what you did there, asshole

Except out of universe, the NX-01 didn't exist during DS9 and "rifle phasers" weren't a thing until the Dominion war.

>and "rifle phasers" weren't a thing until the Dominion war.
Fucking Kirk used one in TOS.

No, I mean they were a rarity, then suddenly the Dominion war broke out and nearly every ship has officers walking around with them.

>which is stupid to me since they never describe how they are superior to the hand phasers which would be quicker to turn and fire.

>Except out of universe, the NX-01 didn't exist during DS9
In-unverse too, in Trials and Tribble-ations the Temporal Investigations guys says:

>Be specific, Captain, which Enterprise? There have been five
>Six
>This was the first Enterprise, Constitution class.

The 'six' refers to the Sovreign Class which was assigned to be the new Enterprise that year.

They didn't know what Riker did on the holodeck.

Just having a stock makes them superior.

from what i've seen its basically a giant battery they attach to the hand phaser, just more power, more shots, faster recharge, longer duration on beam and you can sabotage it to kill the next person that shoots it

maybe he's only counting starfleet enterprises

Wouldn't the NX-01 have been in both Starfleets, though? It certainly wasn't staring retirement in the face when the Federation was formed.

All he's said is they went back in time and saw The Enterprise, it could be anything in space with that name.

>The hologram rights story in Voyager
>The Bajoran one was a terrorist

Pure pottery.

That cake always looked so delicious.

I thought the last episode was the Federation forming and the Enterprise being retired

Which is retarded because Kirk said one of his phasers could carve off the surface of a mountain in the distance.

The tng era phasers are childrens toys.

Reminder O'Brien is a literal cuck and probably gay

I just realized that Worf was eating the missing armpit slice from Troi.

I thought it was just shaped like the logo of Starfleet and that the combadge was just a decoration.

Miles O'Brien is as straight as they come. Malcom, Geordi, Chakotay, Weyoun, and Bashir might be bisexual. Dukat and Odo like to watch people have sex. Garak is full blown homosexual.

Why does std seem like complete clusterfuck that makes ENT and VOY seem like high level kino?

Every bit of information so far has been negative.

You know phasers have configurable power settings right? I mean, they wouldn't be very useful nor would they get away with the "they're defensive weapons" line if the only option was to vaporise everything within 10 miles of you.

They could carve off the surface of a mountain too, but they could probably do it 10 times as many times before it ran out of juice with a phaser rifle.

>Every bit of information so far has been negative.
You don't like Nick Meyer or Joe Menosky?

I would agree that the news is mostly bad, but if you think that it's ALL bad then I think you're a pleb who doesn't know shit about Trek.

Because all they've decided is they want to be progressive and have a Muslim and an Gay. They've already delayed it 6 months at this point because it's not even casted yet.

Except they never do, even in their worst battles they never do.

They allow their own side to suffer losses and they simply keep the settings nerfed.

Never mind the wide beam setting.

They have their phasers set to kill in AR-588, if they had it set to a vaporise setting every miss would put a hole in their defences which the Jem'Hadar could have sniped through

Wide beam is similarly dangerous in a cave, it could cause a cave-in over time with enough damage being inflicted on the walls with every shot.

>The good showrunner has left
>The captain is Chinese and a strong womyn for the sake of being Chinese and a strong womyn
The "main character" is a womyn of color for the sake of being a womyn of color
>Shitty streaming service
>Prequel
>Muslim character
>Gay character

Anything I'm forgetting?

>Set phaser to maximum stun, wide beam
>Stick out around the corner of the Styrofoam rock I've taken cover behind
>Wave around until battery is empty
>Win every battle ever

>The captain is Chinese and a strong womyn for the sake of being Chinese and a strong womyn
She's the captain of another ship, not the main ship.

>Sup Forums in charge of paying attention

Oh fuck off, you and your pol bogeyman are just boring at this point.

>muslim character

say what now

What is your ideal Trek cast? A bunch of hit white women? How fucking boring. Fucking racists need better imaginations.

But it's true though. Your complaints are Sup Forums complaints AND you are unable to acknowledge that you are wrong about anything.

She's not the Discovery's captain.

You're on the wrong website to expect us to be pc, faggot.

>Implying a show or movie lead by women could work

You're watching the wrong franchise if you want it to conform to your alt-right ideals.

And you still can't acknowledge that you were wrong.

>Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles! Have you seen my Rigellian Farting Hyacinths?

Take your whining back to redshit, dear god.

You people are a cancer.

Set phasers to salt.

Captains.......log. wehaveencounteredsomefaggots, from, r*ddit.
We...will...makethemcry.

No thanks, I'll stay right here.

And I'll continue to enjoy Star Trek, a franchise which has always pushed progressive ideals.

Is Kirk, dare I say it, redpilled?

Fug, wish I lived on retirement blowing self-entitled sjw's the fuck out.

Jeffrey Combs as Captain and women wear TOS uniforms

The rest is negotible.

He was calling out both sides for expecting him to vote Clinton or Trump, since he's actually Canadian.

/our guy/

Star Trek is undeniably liberal and progressive, but there were some really weird and regressive scenes that stood out to me over the years:

>Kirk voted for Donald J. Trump
>Sisko routinely misgenders Jadzia
>Kes confesses to Paris that Neelix is molesting her, and he starts grooming her too
>That time Jadzia Dax and her Klingon friends murdered a late-term abortion doctor
>7 of 9 insists to Naomi Wildman that Barack Obama is actually not a valid American citizen
>Picards helps forcibly displace the Indians because of a treaty with the Cardassians
>Dax tries to redpill Bashir by showing him the chart with all the Bajorans in top media positions
>O’Brien complains that “petaQ” is just a word and it’s silly “only Klingons can say it”
>Kira coaches Ziyal on how to milk the Occupation for maximum sympathy
>Bashir tells Ezri that he’s glad she’s “not a slut anymore”
>Janeway says “we have to out-Ferengi the Ferengi”
>Tuvok walks on the bridge and Neelix makes money noises
>Chakotay was actually Armenian but pretended to be Indian for attention
>Soval uses the phrase “the eternal Ando”
>Odo says the only reason he didn't join the Cardassians is he couldn't replicate the spoon
>Shran says “pinkskins” but starts stuttering after noticing Mayweather
>T’pol explains to Archer the difference in IQ distributions between species
>Chekov tells Sulu that Russia should have conquered Japan like it conquered the Ukraine
>Kirk jokes with Scotty about Spock’s mother being a race-mixer
>Bones called Spock “Jew, Green blooded bastard”
>Gowron calls Worf “a subklingon fucking targ”
>Worf enters Picard’s ready room without knocking and gets phasered
>Data tells Geordi that he’s just as beta as Barclay, but people take pity on him because he’s blind
>"'Gentle' was bred out of these Cardassians a long time ago"
>Admiral Janeway insists that the Klingons were responsible for leaking the logs proving she committed genocide and aided The Borg

>the eternal Ando

Every fucking time.

>It's a 15 year old Jake is in 3rd grade episode

Star Trek threads during the day suck.

Was that when he was fucking the adult dabbo girl?

Humanity would never have got into space if they continued to hold everyone in a class back to the level of the dumbest in the age group. Inner city schools have Starfleet Security to protect the 3 year olds from the 41 year old Africans.

>Oye kant believe oye married dat shrill harpie

>Voice like a catfight

It wasnt 3rd grade, it was a one room school. They'd teach everyone some of the same shit, like teaching them all about the wormhole. Then give people assignments that matched their grade.

Don't mix reality with memes.

>Your complaints are Sup Forums complaints
No, his complaints are valid.
>for the sake of
Look it up somewhere.

>If our children aren't intersex and paedos made legal then it's Sup Forums the great Jack the Ripper of our times

See, I can be hyperbolic too.

And we'll keep pushing back your child's logic of needing "an E-VILLE non accepting" go to for all your arguments.

Guess what? Sup Forums is not an argument.

Whenever you use it to disparage someone you're automatically forfeiting mature discourse.

Go find a safe space.

The Western Sahara > whatever that is

just think..

that kid on the front left is completely bald now

>Miiiiiiiiiiiles! Have you seen my Bajoran Shrub of Sadness?

>Did Keikhole watch?
she'd probably criticize him how he doesn't fuck her right

>My occupier's son

What's the best Star Trek series and why is it Gargoyles?

Best Star Trek series is, and always has been..

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

I've been wondering when you were going to show up

>inb4 the "Enterprise had no pandering to homosexual degeneracy which is why it's disliked" copypasta

ENT had a Mpreg episode so I dont want to hear it.

exactly

Why didnt Miles and Cakehole get a divorce? Are there divorce lawyers in space?

The terraformer guy whose wife's ghost was cheating with Sisko had been married multiple times.

>Muh ten million Bajorans
>on a planet with a population of almost 4 billion
>literally ~0.25% of the population in total over six decades

Top fucking wew. What a bunch of crybabies.

I think Cardassia lost like over 14% of its population after the Dominion war.