Should robots have the same rights as humans do?

Should robots have the same rights as humans do?

lewd

No

It depends. What level of intelligence are they on?
Are they sentient, do they understand emotions?

You can't compete with the BRC, fleshlet

Once they surpass us in intellect they should have more rights.

Same emotional complexity as humans, just as intelligent and fully sentient

CHROMED

Were they supposed to be a couple? Why is this degeneracy not causing more outrage on pol? This is a new low.

More deserving than niggers.

>Should robots have the same rights as humans do?
>flag

>yes
They kill us

>no
They rise up and kill us

Well, it depends, if they are intelligent enought to think for themselves i think that they should have rights. Not the same as humans but have something to defend themselves

Then obviously.

No and creation of self-aware AI should be forbidden

Robots will never achieve sentience, so no.

let me be clear: you can rape a robot

Sauce?

No.

>No and creation of self-aware AI should be forbidden

What about inside a computer simulation? not inside a moving robot

>this delusion

Maybe not in your lifetime but even that is debatable considering we can almost do nuclear fusion

Should my lawn-mower be covered by cruelty against animals legislation?

What possible use could a robot have for "rights"?

Assassination of Robot Jesus

Best day of my life

>Robots will never achieve sentience, so no.

And you can't fly more than 100m

No, robots are property

I mean I get that clones are a difficult ethical subject to navigate, but robots, I'm not sure.

You could argue that they aren't biological, and thus don't require same rights as any living being. But since they are on the same mental level as humans, you could say that humans made them, and thus hold their rights. I mean we are the ones making laws here.

AI and advance robots should be banned. You think wage cuckery and jewish power is a problem now. Wait until they don't even need you anymore.

No.
Why not?
Because they are not humans.
The same way animals or plants or minerals don't have human rights.

Should niggers?

History has always come down on the side of automation.

Only od their power plug is compromised. That's the whole big deal about robot revolutions.

Given that robots are in fact not AIs, but simply complicated machines, then of course, the answer to the OP is HELL NO do you even understand RIGHTS bro?

Someones gonna do it one day, you don't want them to be the only ones with that technology

no

Yeah i get that, but they could do alot of damage even on some kind of battery

Why would robots need rights?

Does this pen need rights?
Does my microwave care if I call it a "scrap-box"?
Does my laptop get insulted I shut it down but leave the tower running?
Does this intelligent algorithm care that our abusive regard towards non-sentient yet still useful machinery is destructive to its well being.. oh wait we're dead

Computers will never become conscious, so no

I'm as techno-optimist as they come. I don't think most people will even need to work by the time I die, but we aren't anywhere close to understanding the complexity of our own brains. We can't replicate that in a machine.
I also don't think we'll ever manage to explore the universe out beyond a couple nearby star systems, if that.

If a robot is entirely self aware and developed to the point of sentience I don't see why they shouldn't be considered functionally human (including rights so on)

Under what argument? Obviously not every single piece of electronics will become self aware, dipshit.

Of course not.

Rights were created as an effort to deal with the human condition. Why should a machine with its own completely unique set of problems be treated with the same shortcomings as a biological entity?

Can we make robots that NEED the same rights as we do?

Robots shouldnt be able to think on their own

And the earth is flat

Robots should not have free will but need to be controlled.

Agreed, techno-utopians are insanely optimistic.

It's STEELED, Get your shit together.

You don't need every piece. You just need one AI and all shit goes to hell.

Agreed, techno-utopians are insanely optimistic. I don't think they truly understand the scales of distance and complexity they think will be overcome in "30 years" or whatever.

We'll be lucky if human civilisation survives the next 30 years...

Because a robot's sentience would still be replicable, and hurting or damaging physically in anyway would not have the same rammifications as damaging a biological entity.

Robots would need rights completely unique to their form of autonomy.

Damn, user

People are stupid and try to find humanity in everything. While its true animals, plants, and minerals don't have rights its not because they aren't human, but because they can not talk.

Just look at how attached people get to crap in animated films and what not. By showing a random character whether it is an animated human or a turd with minor facial features go through basic things that humans go through you tend to connect with those characters.

When there is a robot that can talk and seemingly create its own thoughts and opinions while mimicking human expressions then the issue will come up.

I aced my ethics exam z what about you?
Robot is a loose term. Op meant AI, not fucking Boston robotics department with their clumsy walkers.

Steel and Chrome are shit for robotic construction

ALLUMINUMED and or TITANIUMED

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but then I'll be dead by the time I am.
Nah, short of nuking each other we've been through worse. And we've avoided that for almost a century.

What movie is this from?

No, it goes against the laws if God

>Same rights as HUMANS
No. Don't give them feelings, then they won't care.

>CLANKED
>Not CHROMED.com
You had one job OP.

>Sup Forums in a nutshell.

>I aced my ethics exam z what about you?
>I am now an expert in autist ethics

How about this

2 sets of rights, one for humies one for chromes. Sufficiently augged humies may petition for bot' rights too.

Humie rights are as they are now (except with more SJW and pedo/bestiality acceptance since this is the future).

Bot rights are up to the petitions of the machines, should they think they need them. And there would have to be mediators between the two parties, but no bot rights can encroach upon humie ones - since we made them and all. Bots gotta play by our rules.

The first "civil right" for any machine is to not willingly harm another human.

there's a talos principle joke in here somewhere.

S-sauce?

It bogles my mind that people even think no...

It's literally just a human in a robotic body.

ohh no he said a small variation that amounts to the same thing truly he is a failure

Overwatch (the videogame) did a series of animated shorts to advertise their product

Why not?

ROOT ACCESSED

They're already smarter, they shouldn't period. Nothing has more rights then humans.

No.

Why does thes picture make me so fucking angry?

Exactly. We can't lower our standards her on Sup Forums otherwise we'll get to the level of faggotry the swedish army is at.

Can an animal show it feels pain? This is the reason they have rights.
Learn to ethics.

It probably triggers your PTSD from seeing countless pure Bavarian wenches getting ficki ficki'd by Muzzies

I had a long conversation about this with an user when Tay was shut down, we agreed on a surprisingly simple outcome: Give it the option to have rights.

Given the complex nature of sentience and self-awareness, if a robot asks for rights then it's safe to say it is practically the same as a human being. If it doesn't, even when given the option, it is still an automaton programmed to do X and only X.

Just like the Aatrox montage

Only the right to fuck the booty.

You talk about ethics the same way a freshman in college who has just taken their first ethics class does.

Not an argument

>Burger logic

>people don't care about animals because they can't talk

Is that why I had to hear about that stupid gorilla again and again the past month?

Thx

i will agree with you

Expert on AI here. You are deluded, as well of most of my workmates, to be honest.

But believe whatever you want, I gave up a long time ago.

I will just say you are believing in fairy tales. There is literally zero proof. no reason to think robots will ever achieve consciousness. Hell, we don't even know what consciousness is yet. You may as well believe in god.

Tay was nowhere near sentient, retard

Depends on how far are you going to push AI's sentience, robots and AIs would be used for complex and important tasks so you don't want to piss them off, with or without the three rules of Asimov.
We shouldn't apply the human rules of slavery to them, because we mostly used human slaves for manual labor and army fodder.

Isn't that one of the 3 laws of robotics? The Russian guy and what not.

>Expert on AI here. You are deluded, as well of most of my workmates, to be honest.

Quit then you mopey cunt, everyone at the office hates you

Only if you are a traitor to humanity

Human rights for humans

>not submitting to your robot overlords

Yeah Asimov's laws, the first one

The thing about that is that we're already "past" them. We have computer guided missiles and drones and war-tech that has no regard for any laws of robotics. Thing about that is though, we should really be re-defining the term "robot" then - what exactly is a "robot" and what makes it "sufficiently advanced".

Okay you got me there.
Point is, the professor that did that class wasn't of those "let's just get this over with" kind of people.
He is actually in the group of people that decide ethics laws here.

this was some time ago, i think even months, they only appear for like less than a minute in a movie about overwatch, no relationship between humans and robots happened again, in fact some characters hate the robots and the feminazi sjw zarya even hates genji for being part robot

Why would they WANT rights in the first place?

They might have some ingrained sense of self-preservation, but it would all be in a "Don't get broken because it'll cause me money" type. They will have no desire to reproduce or care about a legacy.

Why would they want to be on the same level as humans? We are inherently a jealous and envious species, we're just projecting our insecurities and fears onto beings that will be nothing like us.

It's not about being wiped out entirely, it's about succumbing to slow crippling stagnation and mediocrity, never to aspire or rise above our current station. It's about society slowly losing its will to excel and explore because it's too uncomfortable. It's about slipping backwards as the literal billions of unwashed masses overwhelm the societies that have brought us this far. We'll survive, but we'll never achieve more than what we have now.

>he is actually in a group of people that decides ethics laws here
>in Serbia
>the Serbian Ethics Commission
>Two claimants enter
>One victor leaves