How can I get started producing music?

How can I get started producing music?

you can't

try practicing it everyday until you get good at it

Guess I'll just die.

But what do I practise with?

first leave this site and never come back and you will have time. stay and you will accomplish nothing and be depressed and trapped here posting on taylor swift threads

I'm already depressed and posting on Taylor Swift threads.

then why bother producing music which you never have the wherewithal or guts to release? you'll just come here posting it in sc threads shilling and being even more depressed, looking for feedback from strangers like how you asking strangers for advice on something which you should never ask strangers advice on because we don't know you, you only know yourself but if you don't know yourself then nobody can tell you, nobody can produce for you... unless you pay them

I just wanted to produce some beats I didn't want an identity crisis.

thats not what an identity crisis is. there's enough beats already, we don't need anymore. what's your reason for wanted to produce them rather than just listening?

1. Get a DAW, preferably FL or Ableton
2. Watch tons of tutorials and practice making beats or whatever you are trying to do
3. Buy a MPD32 if you want a drum machine or a 49 key MIDI keyboard if you'd rather want to make more melodies or a MPK Mini if you don't know for sure
5. Make more music and buy more things to make music with

Easy

here is the secret to being a shitty producer

I want to produce something worthwhile with my life that people will actually pay attention to.

ok why music? why not football or writing or being a doctor?

1. I'm not athletic.
2. I dabble, writing doesn't interest me greatly.
3. I'm not smart enough.

ableton and jazz samples

step 1. do you hear new music in your head all day? can you come up with new harmonies and melodies quite easily in your head?
if yes, continue. if no, log out.
Step 2. make music

you're supposed to say "i love music and i have ideas and hear music and love making things" etc. and stuff like that. without that, you will never compete with those who LOVE making music and aren't on a shitty board hsving to ask how they can start and have already got down to it. not that music should ever be a competition, but i mean unless you REALLY LOVE it, you will get disheartened if you don't have success handed to you and be more depressed whereas the obsessed person who MUST make music, will be able to keep going no matter what and will have success

if you've NEVER produced before, ableton might be daunting. just get a simple app and goof around and have some FUN with it and if it's something you feel like is working and you're good and having FUN, then you will not be able to help yourself from taking the next step and getting better gear. but if you begin with a program that has too many options, it may seem like overwhelming and music (for those who LOVE making it) is never not FUN. you've got to be having FUN from the beginning to have success because it's all FUN.

Okay, I've downloaded FL Studio.

thjis is me

i can come up with melodies in an instant

i think of music all day

i just don't have the technical ability to work a DAW and the discipline to learn it

i have the potential but not the work ethic

so you've got to have somebody else do that for you and should be playing an instrument i would think

btw they're not really that hard to learn, if you can learn how to use a smartphone, you can work a music program

instead of daw, just start with an app that's fre and play around with loops. people who go straight to daw get intimidated

You should start with ableton, it is very easy to get your head around it.

just what the world needed: another ableton producer who posts on mu

i definitely recommend picking up an instrument of some sort. you got a particular sound you're wanting to create?

I wish I could tell you the secret trick I learned, but I don't want too many people to know the secret trick. So... I'm not sure what to tell you.

you don't need a drum machine, just get VSTs

...what do you expect asking us for advice then? Just do the fucking thing, nobody's gonna do it for you. I had shitty work ethic when I started and now I can do 2 hours on a bad day and 5-10ish on a good day. Get in the habit of at least sitting down at your daw every day and work from there