Need Some Perspective

So I recently graduated college with a bachelors and Im already in the US Air Force Reserves, looking to receive my officer commission and get a chance a pilot position. The recruiter tells me my chances now are very slim but there are about 800 Drone Pilot slots that need to be filled.

This is a very controversial topic, but I need some proper guidance and advice: How does Sup Forums feel about unmanned drones? It's a job that can get my name put on the hit-list by jihadi extremists and can someday put me in position to make a hard decision.

I want to do some good in this job and help my own guys as well as our allies. What do you guys think of the job?

Fuck it brah blow up some saracens. Someone's gotta do it.

I'd say the job sounds emotionally trying but it sounds so boring that I doubt you would even feel anything.

It's probably a tier above those people who work in nuclear silos in terms of boredom.

tell the airforce to fuck off

why the fuck are you in the air force reserve

pussy

>Second guessing playing IRL war thunder and getting paid for it

Chances are fucking slim, lol

You get to blow up sandniggers from the comfort of a nice easy boy, and I heard it pays really well too. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'd do it if that answers your question

So I could finish college and get my degree, so I could get my officer commission, so I could get some military experience before going officer, so I could get some financial support

Take your pick bitch, at least I'm not stuck pulliung 24 hour desk shifts and being recalled for morning formation with a 3 hour notice

get paid to remove kebab?

no brainer tbqh f.a.m

They probably want people who actually want to be pilots and can blow up some sand niggers.

When someone says your chances are slim and you give up they just saved themselves a lot of time and money.

Seriously. Go get your private pilots license..
Work your way up to instructor. Should take under a year.. then apply to the Air Force and only join if they accept you to pilot school.

im going for occ air with the usmc

guarenteed pilot contract

the air force is literally the worst place to get a pilot contract

Shit I'd pay to get to operate an armed drone tbhfam, sign up asap and get a high score

old fag here. In the 80's before the end of the cold war it was hard as fugg to get a pilot slot. Everybody got stuck as a missileer, which I didn't want to do so I bailed.

Now that there are so few manned planes left in the AF, those slots are going to the kids of high ranking officers and women and minorities.

The drone pilots, hell yeah they need people to do that. You're going to have all the guilt of blowing up people every day with none of the flying hours that would allow you to be an airline pilot some day.

Meh let your conscience be your guide, but I wouldn't want to do it.

>the air force is literally the worst place to get a pilot contract

I'd agree with this. My friends that went into other branches had a much easier time.

Do you want to facilitate poor sheep farmers early retirement? And by that I mean death

I don't like it. Taking the human lives factor out of the equation makes it too easy for a government to commit to a conflict. A pilot gets shot down in a mission over foreign soil and it's a fiasco, if a drone gets shot down you can just scrub it from the books and hush it up tell, there's no blowback.

Look at these American """""""""""""""""""heroes"""""""""""""""""" """"""""defending""""""""""""" their country.

I hear some get horrible injuries like boils on their asses or indigestion from the greasy food they eat.

Getting paid to smoke bad guys from the comfort of a comfortable seat? Sign me up nigger!

>tfw you will never do shit so you belittle real men in the military.
No, you fuck off pussy.

Good job serving in the military. Do the drone strikes. Kill em all. Never follow orders to kill Americans though.

You sound so jealous Japan !!

I'm currently in the Air Force and the current pool of pilots is lowering because most are retiring and not as many are getting in. aka the field is undermanned. Your recruiter is lying like they all do. talk to your chain of command, get your package going, get your pilot shit. Leave drone work for the enlisted slaves.