I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease...

>I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OhWM4_pIKVg
youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His problem was a truth overload, apparently

youtube.com/watch?v=OhWM4_pIKVg

he was based

Director insults general

>What was his fucking problem?
Daily routine of eating 15 hotdogs in a row at Pink's is high on the list.

that's a big projection

I kind of agree with fatson here. Most "introverts" I've met are actually huge narcissists who think that are above basic social interactions while being terrified of social failure, and so the only way they allow themselves to communicate is through snarky remarks and vapid irony as to reveal as little as possible of their awful persona.

Oh, Tarkovsky.

>I do say I respect the man as a fellow cunnyseur, I must admit

What did he mean by this?

This.

I definitely agree.

>21. David Gordon Green on Kevin Smith:
“He kind of created a Special Olympics for film. They just kind of lowered the standard. I’m sure their parents are proud; it’s just nothing I care to buy a ticket for.”

>only loud as fuck people are nice! Quiet people are all EVIL!
Kek I used to be this dumb too

I don't like Kevin Smith, but what he said about Batman was quite accurate.

Not evil, but they think too highly of themselves.

Yes, that's because those people have too much pride (call it a big ego if you want). They cannot bear to show any flaws or failure so they shut themselves in and avoid all responsability and conflict.

t. someone who is exactly like that

I've been working on humbling myself and it has made me more comfortable in social interactions.

You either missed his point or elected to ignore it. Regardless, you look like a retard.

he's right Woody is a slimy little cunt that hides behind the ineffectual nervous guy persona so we all let his borderline incestuous creepshow of a life go unchecked.

He's still capable of making a good movie here and there but he's fucking awful as a person.

I agree with Orson on this the writing for this frozen pea commercial was absolutely frightful.

they are not evil, they are just generally miserable.
and it's not about being loud or quiet, it's about how comfortable you are in a social environment.

wow, woke as fuck

George Lucas 2013, discussing the film Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the rings
>"You get these glorified cameraman making movies, thinking it all needs to be in front of you, the lens, but they never stop to think of possibilities for licensing. show me a kid with a frodo doll. show me a single little boy with a lord of the rings ring on his finger at school. damned fools, the lot of them. i'd have those hobbits base jumping, rapping, and eating bubblegum. there'd be so much merch you couldn't wipe your ass without seeing smeegols face on the paper!

>this thread again

Did he really say this? Based motherfucker, that orson

That's what people thought about me but the truth was that I just didn't have anything to say.

Burton's Batman Returns is the only good thing to come out of capeshit.

>thread generates actual discussion instead of nonstop shitposting
>this is a bad thing
fuckers like you are the reason Sup Forums is a shithole.

Yes of course. You taking an Orson Welles quote which is directed at a particular person to justify your own bizarre and totally unrelated prejudice towards "introverted" people makes him the retard.

Watchmen and Dark Knight are better capeshit. Batman Returns is okay, but not the highlight of capeshit. The first Batman by Burton was quite mediocre.

Projection. You don't actually know what motivates people to do what they do.

Filmmaker: Maybe I can go name a couple of filmmakers for you and you can tell me what you think. Claire Denis.

White: Well, she’s not an up-and-comer; she’s a veteran by now. I like her work quite a bit. I think her point of view is always inquiring, and she’s also a good technician. She doesn’t buy convention in any way, and she has a political perspective, which I think is always helpful. I like her work.

Filmmaker: What about Gaspar Noé?

White: He’s a fraud, a deliberate sensationalist. And he’s not serious. So I think his films may be outrageous in terms of violence and sexuality and a pretend social perspective. It’s just all shock, but without the moral conviction of a Surrealist from the 1920s.

Filmmaker: Wong Kar-wai.

White: Stunning, brilliant work. I feel sometimes it’s intentionally obscure, but I don’t care. That just means you have to work with him, which is a good thing. But he’s got one of the best pair of eyes since Godard. And I find all the work of his that I’ve seen fascinating. He keeps cinema alive because he’s not making his movies in a conventional way, which is good.

Filmmaker: Wes Anderson?

White: I think I like his sensibility. I love that he works in wide-screen. I love him for that. That’s the format I prefer. I’m always excited to see wide-screen films. It just seems to make it a little more special. The image is big and embracing. And he’s got good craft and sense of humor. He seems to care about people and the image too.

Filmmaker: Alexander Payne.

White: Very intelligent kind of filmmaking. Also concerned with humanity. I kind of think of him in the same way I think about Whit Stillman. They view human beings within a social context, and a different social context than Hollywood tends to offer.

Smith is right here, Burton didn't get the character of Batman at all. But it was perfect for the time. Introduced the masses to a Batman that wasn't Adam West camp.

Oh here we go

>I have to be like everyone else so I don't look arrogant and make normies feel more comfortable.

Fuck off

Filmmaker: Sofia Coppola.

White: [Grunts] She’s probably a nice girl, but put it this way: as a filmmaker, she gave a great performance in Godfather III, which I defend, seriously. But so far, I don’t have much use for her.

Filmmaker: What about Paul Thomas Anderson?

White: He’s like a benign Gaspar Noé. I think he cares about cinema, he’s just a small fry. He wants to be Altman and he wants to be Alan Rudolph, and I know why: those are good examples. He’s just not there. I don’t think he’s got an original bone in his body. It’s kind of unfortunate, because I think he cares about making movies.

Filmmaker: Todd Solondz

White: I used to not like Todd Solondz, but Storytelling won me over, and it even made me think more positively on Happiness. I don’t think he knew what he was doing with Welcome to the Dollhouse, however. I think Storytelling is a great movie, and Happiness was getting there.

I kek'd heartily, the absolute madman.

Based Armond the king of Sup Forums does it again

He's quite right, but I can't comment on the lattermost part of your comment, since I was a thumb-sucker during it.

t. arrogant, miserable underachiever

i think it feeds into itself. you become isolated, and the more isolated you become, the more detached from reality you get.

eventually you're on your own in your own fantasy land.

and at the point, its only natural to be egotistical when you have no friends or relationships, because the majority of your life is within your own head.

but orson's understanding of the situation is far too deep for someone with only cursory experience. he understands it too well. makes me think that hes also describing himself.

So much negitivity. Time for some director on director respect

I can't watch Burton Batman, not when the character has to fucking pivot to look in a given direction. That retarded swivel takes me out of the movie entirely.

I agree with that quote apart from
>Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.
I don't see why that is a bad thing.

>Out of sheer curiosity I have been reading Yefremov - The Razor Blade. My God! Did no one ever tell the man he suffered from graphomania? Did he actually die not knowing he was a hack?

He'd have fit in just fine on Sup Forums.

I feel bad for Sofia. She was in acting school and Daddy decided to pressure into the Godfather III role, and it ruined her reputation.

I think her movies ruined her reputation

Tarkovsky confirmed for /ourguy/.

he's 100% correct about Noé.

oops

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

Lynch has great taste. Shelly confirmed for best girl.

>Did he actually die not knowing he was a hack?

God damn that's good

I'm an introvert shut-in. I'm also a narcissist. You seem to be right about everything there.

I can say this describes me. Or it used to at least. I kinda became aware of this and have been trying to pull my head outta my ass ever since. It's slow going, but I'm considerably more comfortable in social situations than I used to be.

>Lynch is such a cuckboi he has to write scenes for himself to kiss your actresses

>name dropping Godard as a positive.

That's a shame I thought Armond would be able to see right through the intellectual fraud that is Godard's work

>People talk about things using their own experiences as a basis
wow shocking revelation

Shouting "you're projecting!!!" adds nothing to a conversation.

You sound mad, Mr. Allen. Don't you have another daughter to marry?

This is a pretty big projection. I'm introverted as fuck but it's definitely not because I think I'm better, that's a good laugh

Godard is intellectually/politically an idiot but his skills as a director are undeniable

who cares extroverts are literally human excrement
you're not funny or cool, only annoying

What he described is typical jewish personality that is not limited to Chaplin or Allen. Every kike I've met in my life was this kind of nervous little abomination. This is the reason they are so repulsive to normal people, and also the reason their degenerate "art" is so characteristic.

>ywn be as cool as Lynch

>This is a pretty big projection
It's also clearly a fairly accurate one as evidenced by all the people saying they agree and identify with what he wrote.

But you don't agree, so it must be wrong. I'd maybe even go as far as to say that you just don't realise that you're that kind of person, but then I'm just making assumptions about you specifically.

I don't think he was insinuating that it was a bad thing, just that finding catharsis in acting is another symptom of that personality type.

Just pointing out your bullshit
Experience doesn't give you psychoanalytical superpowers

And none said that it was that, it was just user sharing his experience about introverts that he knows or knew.

Hope that second paragraph was about yourself

no one is presenting anything as fact, just pointing out their observations.
I don't understand why you're so butthurt.

Truth hurts, he must'ev recognized himself in those words.

And you seem a tad triggered over mere anecdotal observations.

Woody BTFO

>It's also clearly a fairly accurate one as evidenced by all the people saying they agree and identify with what he wrote.
Kek. There's plenty of people disagreeing with the statement too, scrub. How will we settle this????

>muh anecdotal evidence

Yeah bruh, Sup Forums is a perfectly reasonable sample group

Also kek these mods

Woody is also a pedophile, dude. He deserves it.

>that he knows or knew
You don't KNOW how people think or why they behave the way they do, you just make guesses. Claiming you know someone else's motivation down to a t is childish

>no one is presenting anything as fact
this thread is full of big claims

if only you treated it like mere anedoctes instead of fact

I am already aware of my fear and snobbery as a defence and I'm trying to move past it.

is on point and I think an environment like Sup Forums feeds it heavily, especially boards like /r9k/ that will try to tell you being an awful person is okay and better than being a "normalfag".
>How will we settle this????
Naked oil wrestling ;)

But seriously the statement is simply true for some and not for others but on this site particularly I'd bet it's true for the majority. Like I said though there are probably many who don't realise it applies to them.

People whining about projecting bugs me because if someone is "projecting" then they are putting a part of themselves out there, they are discussing things using their feelings and experiences. If all you have to say is "projecting!!" you disclose nothing and show no weakness, which ties into what said originally.

big claims = facts?

And he never said he KNEW how those faggots felt down to a t, he only made ASSUMPTIONS. Is that CLEAR enough for you?

Wew laddie calm down

Hey, I'm treating him as he did me. It's only fair, eh?

No one here is treating those presumptions as factual.

Childish

I was aiming more at the patronizing his comment contained, ergo, I used caps lock.

>all these extroverts on Sup Forums

This place really has become normie central.
Mobile access was a mistake.

So if i keep to myself because i don't have much to say, that makes me arrogant?

I tend to be, yeah.

>MUH NORMIES
wew lad.

It does, because you're a white male. FUCKING WHITE MALE

The funny thing is they're not and probably more egotistical than the average extrovert and only here to lecture random people on how life should be lived.

ARROGANT INTROVERT BTFO

Yes. You have to constantly adore Chad because otherwise he might get sad and start to question his adequacy, and it will be your fault.

Based.

We only know what you've told us, you have to be honest with yourself. It's worth thinking about.

Being called arrogant in this timeline is a compliment.
Like Hillary supporters, you only have yourselves to blame.

MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DON'T EVER TRY TO MOLEST ME OR PAUL, MYWIFESSON, AGAIN WOODY ALLEN YOU SONOFABITCH!

Imagine being Orson in that ad and having to be all like "Muuuhaaaahhh, Paul Masson, you fuckin' fine, all delicious with your in-the-bottle fermentation and horrific faux-French monstrous taste. I would totally drink you, both in this advert and one for frozen peas." when all he really wants to do is drink another $500 Dom Perignon in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Orson and not only sit in that chair while the extra pours his disgusting California champagne in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing the suspicious-looking sediment building in it, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that pour. Not only having to tolerate the monstrous fucking taste but Paul Masson's haughty attitude as everyone on set says it's VINTAGE DATED and DAMN, PAUL MASSON CHAMPAGNE TASTES LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and drink the disgusting fucking piss water contorting your palette into horrific flavours you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been drinking nothing but a healthy diet of Krug and Bollinger and later alleged moonshine for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Wisconsin. You've never even drunk anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the chemical contaminants in this mass produced sham pigswill as it's poured again and again for you, the extra smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in the "French excellence (for that is what they call it)", the excellence they worked so hard for with fermentation techniques in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could break a bottle and stab everyone in this room, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Orson Welles. You're drunk as fuck and don't know why the extra isn't doing anything. Just bear it. Slurr your lines and bear it.

>ugh why isn't user as loud and extroverted as me? does he think he's better than me? smug prick!
this is you

Are you me?

On the positive side, staying quiet occasionally seems to make people think I'm more intelligent, which is perplexing in itself since I tend to think not having anything to say means the opposite as you can't muster any topic to talk about.

Yeah. Woody is such and underachiever as well...

Wasn't Chaplin a pedo too? Maybe he's got natural pedo hunting instincts and he cannot stand them.