At what age did you realize these weren't really anything good, or special? I was eighteen...

At what age did you realize these weren't really anything good, or special? I was eighteen, they had aged terribly years and years ago.

Sure they exist. But as they go one they just become to governed and straightforward, lacking in tone progression.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=23wYaAG9zj4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I was eighteen

You mean today?

No I was 11-13 when they were released

>sure they exist

what is that supposed to say

You didn't even understand my insult. You're retarded for real.

>Sure they exist. But as they go one they just become to governed and straightforward, lacking in tone progression.

I understood, I wanted to state it for the record

>Nice statement you tried to make but it seems you made some typos so tough luck....

that's not a typo, that's a barely coherent sentence

>Sure they exist. But as they go one they just become to governed and straightforward, lacking in tone progression.

the fuck? explain yourself

>'some typos'
But as they go on they just become too

I gradually realized they weren't as great as I used to think they were over time (21 now)

Many of the fight scenes are actually somewhat poorly done. An excessive amount of shots during Helm's Deep and the Pelennor Fields employed extensive jitter cam, for instance. Legolas's "sick moves" stood out (and in retrospect were indicative of future horrors). I dunno wtf was going on with Arwen and shit in RotK; also, her over-breathy performance stuck out.

When did you realize OP was a fag? Me, i did when i read this shitpost

I haven't watched them since they came out but have they aged any worse than the original Star Wars movies?

>I was eighteen
>lacking in tone progression

"Hey guys trying real hard to be a movie critic here"

Worse. Fellowship is fine because it had the least special effects. But ESB and ROTJ have aged much better and significantly better than TTT and ROTK

>blockbuster Holywood flicks are not perfect and special in every way
you sure are a mature movie critic now, don't forget to review Fight Club next

>>Sure they exist. But as they go one they just become to governed and straightforward, lacking in tone progression.

Movies, or any art for that matter, can only be enjoyed under the parameters that I prescribe. I am a godking in that respect, the God of Art and Judgment.

Nice ad hominem faggot

>ITT every way to get upset about the truth being told about LOTR and how to have confirmation biases

>what age did you decide you had to stop liking popular things because you're an edgelord faggot

not quite yet, but I feel it coming, maybe in 2-3 years.

I never went through the "hating popular stuff" phase because I'm not a massive faggot.

I like popular things and I used to love the lotr films but fellowship is the only good entry. Im not being an edgelord. There isnt much to get excited about even with based theoden gollum and shelob

>haha this super praised movie from both audiences and critics is actually not that good and actually bad lol

Fuck, I hate contrarians so much.

No age, because I'm not a contrarian douche.

The LotR trilogy is the only trilogy where all three films are great, and where the films are connected and were intended to be from the beginning.

This excludes Before and Toy Story. OG Star Wars comes close but there's too much goofiness in ROTJ

When The Two Towers came out I realized it was nowhere near as good as Fellowship of the Ring.

Childhood is thinking the movies were meant to be a trilogy

Adulthood is knowing the books were designed to be thought of as one book, but were split due to production constraints, and that it should've been one film, which makes more sense

As good as these movies are, unfortunately each of them suffered from heavy-handed cliches and spielberg-like NARROW ESCAPE scenes and situations. The Two Towers bugs me because there are like 3-4 fake deaths (Aragorn's fall from the cliff was awful storytelling).

And final wisdom is realising that it is indeed one movie, just very long and divided in three for convenience.

Can you actually explain why the LOTR trilogy is not good? Or special please? Like I can understand if you personally don't like them, that's fine, I personally don't like the Back to the Future movies, but I want you to explain why from an objective, technical standpoint these aren't incredibly well made, epic films.

This

When I think of the lotr movies I think of the EE trilogy

Then what's with the random cut from where Bilbo and Sam end up in FOTR and TT?

Honestly I don't think it's too contrarian to go back and realize they might be a bit overrated. Not awful but their flaws were perhaps overlooked more than they should have been.

>Toy Story

That's an ordinary cut, not a random one. They cross the river and walk through the mountains on the other side to reach Mordor, but since they don't know the way, they get lost. Obviously they don't need to show their every step and just skip to the important part.

FOTR is absolutely top teir grade A quinoa, TT and ROTK are not as good but they're in no way bad.

It leaves out significant information. Even a short 15-30 seconds of them traveling through different areas would've explained what's happening. Even the extended edition doesn't fill the gap.

It's poorly done if you want to watch it as one story.

Liv Tyler cannot act in anything. The bulk of the other actors were all above average, with several outstanding performances, including but not limites to: Bernard Hill, Christopher Lee, Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving, Sean Bean, and Viggo Mortensen. Great ensemble cast.

i watched them again recently, only got better with age. only shit part was that cgi galadriel when frodo offers her the ring. hating on popular things doesnt make you cool or kino

>Even a short 15-30 seconds of them traveling through different areas would've explained what's happening
But it's all there, the whole sequence of Frodo's dream, the climbing etc. And they don't travel through different areas, it's all just the same mountains.
Because I'm autistic, I made a map to show the way they went - green arrow is the hobbits, red is the rest. You can see it's not very far, so there's no need to bloat the movie with a scene of a pair of assholes crossing the river.

>lacking in tone progression.

Saved that one for my book on shit """""film critics""""" say.

Well done OP you showed how pleb this lotrfag board is defending this poorly directed series.

Its literally www.reddit.com/r/thetrilogy. Frodo was shit. There has never been a difference between Sup Forums and reddit.com

Nothing contrarian just poor taste on your part. Stale and cliche etc
see
Then thats even worse because theres no connection besides a beginning and end. Fellowship is its own film and its great. Two towers is its own and has good moment and bad moments

>Ruin a first date in 4 words

U wan sum fuk?

at the end of FOTR they're standing on a hill looking out over a range of rocky mountains and start walking towards it.

the start of TT they're in that rocky range.

you are retarded.

haha dude, that was epic man

lol i know it just came to me, bra

There actually isn't much progression visually or non narratively. But you shouldn't expect autists to know anything about progressing.

bro you're like some meme conveyor belt haha, you should do these on ifunny or 9gag like me if you want I can show you the ropes.. *fades into the shadows* you know where to find me ..

youtube.com/watch?v=23wYaAG9zj4

This is why it's a mess. Imagine if you just did that to every scene.

>Characters doing 1 thing
>Cut to next scene where they say they fucked up that thing and they're covered in shit

It's like a comedy cut scene

>the contrarian loser board gets upset and calls out 'contrarian!'
This is great

dude

where'd you go

I watched these movies for the first time in my life over the past few months. They have some definite flaws but overall they're pretty great.

FOTR is God-Tier and Legendary. No other fantasy can compete. Few other movies do either.
The other two are only okay though. They were different enough from other movies to make them interesting.

I just realised all the different English speaking accents in this movie make it something very unusual

Sam and Frodo speak some weird American while Merry and Pippin speak English or Irish

The elves speak a mixture of American and Australian

Humans mix between American, British, Australian

I was eighteen when they came out, and I always felt it was overrated as shit, we only have 90s kid here you just grew up with them that's all

I watched them once or twice on tv after they all came out. Didn't touch them again until i read the books just two years ago.

They're trash.