Comfy Wire Thread

Do you think Valchek ever got his surveillance van back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=23cqHLi-Ngw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Valchek did absolutely nothing wrong. That church window was paid for with blood money earned from sex slavery and drug dealing. It was sacrilegious for Frank to have dared offer it.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now that don't think S2 was best season

Fucking this. At first I was I dissapointed that it wasn't focused on the street shit but was blown away by how realistic and relatable they made the new characters. 10/10

This

I mean he started investigating him over something pety but ended up being totally justified.

I hope not. That guy was a douche

He prob was grilled about where it was by his superiors.

>paid for with blood money
Like everything else in Christianity.

B T F O
T
F
O

Yeah, and he stuck a Vote Sobotka bumper sticker on it.

Gabagool?

Dropped the show around episode 3 of the 3rd season. Just didn't have "it" anymore

muh docks

Two and four are my favourites. Three and five had some great scenes as well, but not as cohesively.

Lol what an idiot, s3 & s4 best seasons

I feel alright.

I wish his gf got more screentime

Who is the best Wire character and why is it Frank Sobotka?

Omar

>inb4 contrarians

This, especially after he died in that shootout. An entire episode for one heist + running street battle was a bit out of character for David Simon but so kino.

wat

Ziggy.
I like to think GK and the Wire crossover, and Ziggy is just a nickname and he went back to BWI with PSD.
youtube.com/watch?v=23cqHLi-Ngw

When they propped off the plywood from the barksdale stash house and like 10 niggers came out blasting you knew he was a dead man.

I thought Omar's dying words to Marlo were a bit overdone though

"You came at the king and you didn't miss....."

I mean really? This is the best show ever? That's garbage

is this some esoteric meme?

I have no idea what's going on here

Have you seen the episode where Omar died?

haha

If Im following you correctly, the meme is that about Omar going out in a blaze of glory.
But Im not sure why because his actual death scene said more about his character than some pewpew action scene.

yep. i think the worst part was after he got shot 5 times, had half his face hanging off, then still strutted out to the middle of the street, re-adjusted his coat, yelled AYYYY YOOOO, then finally dropped dead

The point is that his actual death was random and didn't make a good story. To add to that, the coroner didn't give a shit (mislabeled his body). But the hood made up legends about how he died.

That's what the meme is imitating.

Season 2 is always people's least favorite season on the first run, and favorite season after rewatching.

wtf i just lost my job

omar isn't even a real character he's a walking meme

Sopranofags are welcome

worth it

I thought his death being anti-climactic like that is what made it a good story. He was a legend on the streets, but the police/establishment side of things barely noticed him when they didn't need him for something.

Even when McNulty finds out about his death it's several episodes later and barely a footnote to him.

The story of how Omar died was the bad story. Hence, lies to make it a good story.

How it fit into The Wire definitely was kino though.

>nick and the other stevedores cussing out cia when he cuts the ribbon at the new dock developement
>they probably all had to find other jobs or go on the dole
>frank's death was in vain
>the greek got away scot-free

I told some people on another forum that 2 was my fave season (I just watched the show over the last few months) and they all laughed at me

I really like how 2 was a total change of pace and a different look at everything. The Greeks are a much more dangerous and significant group than anything happening on the streets.

Plus, Frank Sobotka is pretty much the bear Shakespearean tragic hero of modern times. All he wanted is his buddies to thrive but he paid the ultimate price in vain

Frank Sobatka was a good man

Where was Wallace, anyway?

Why is that pilot mad at fraiser?