Fucking dropped

>Beauty and the Beast adds a feminist twist to Belle's backstory

>In Disney's original Beauty and the Beast animated movie, Belle is the daughter of an inventor and spends her days reading books.

But it's now been revealed that the new live-action remake will give Belle a completely new backstory, this time turning her into the inventor.

"In the animated movie, it's her father who is the inventor, and we actually co-opted that for Belle," Watson told Entertainment Weekly.

>"I was like, 'Well, there was never very much information or detail at the beginning of the story as to why Belle didn't fit in, other than she liked books. Also what is she doing with her time?'

>"So, we created a backstory for her, which was that she had invented a kind of washing machine, so that, instead of doing laundry, she could sit and use that time to read instead. So, yeah, we made Belle an inventor."

>Disney hinted at the new storyline in one of its preview images released this week, showing her and Maurice with a table covered in music boxes, her father being the music-maker.

digitalspy.com/movies/news/a812986/beauty-and-the-beast-adds-a-feminist-twist-to-belles-backstory/

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/movies/news/a814726/students-taught-beauty-and-the-beast-other-disney-classics-promote-sexism-domestic-abuse/
youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ
newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/callista-ring/2016/11/22/post-election-star-wars-writer-tweets-empire-white
money.cnn.com/2016/11/11/media/star-wars-rogue-one-donald-trump/
heatst.com/entertainment/star-wars-rogue-one-writers-join-dumb-anti-trump-safety-pin-movement/
heatst.com/entertainment/lucasfilm-president-says-she-doesnt-need-to-cater-to-male-star-wars-fans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

women ruin everything, it's nothing new

$20 bucks says that the beast will turn into an black prince at the end of the movie.

Well for starters I think Belle was miscast and they made Beast a bit too pretty to look at.

the only good thing about this movie is the rose music from the trailer, everything else goes into the trash

this

also the film is just unnecessary to begin with, there's already a definitive live-action Beauty and the Beast and it came out 70 years ago

I never thought about that but shit... You're probably right

>Belle was miscast
Fucking thank you! Everyone oozed over that bitch Watson but I had the same thought.

just wait for it to bomb and have watson plant books at bus stops or whatever.
she could have invented fire but that won't suddenly make this a good movie

>emma watson
Picked up

already bought the dvd

I don't think it will bomb but I sure hope it does

why would you have seen this in the first place? Are you 12?

>"So, we created a backstory for her, which was that she had invented a kind of washing machine

this reads like a theonion article

Beauty and King Dork....

nah, this is one of those movies like alice in wonderland that will inexplicably earn more than 1bln

A++ 10/10 compelling as fuck back story, who cares about some bitch who reads books? BORING.

This

Fuuuuuck shit just writes itself

>Beauty
not at all

Is getting BEASTED better or worse than getting BLACKED?

Im almost tempted to screencap this.

But if this did happen, imagine how people would react. It would be hard evidence that there is some force out there that is trying to manipulate our lives.

Or I guess all the normie soccer moms would slurp it up anyway.

>Beast looks like some deviantart furry designed him
>Gaston isn't pure unadulterated manly
>Belle is Watson

Reminder that theyre creating an Aladdin prequel that will explore Genies history. And yes I still miss Robin

The same

Yes and there has certainly been no changes worth noting in 70 years of film making so there's no need to update a 70 year old film

>Beauty and the Beast adds a feminist twist to Belle's backstory

stopped reading right there
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

>another thread bitching
You betas really have nothing better to do huh? I'm gonna see this twice or thrice just to spite you.

it'll be trash but hopefully we get some shots of the goods on the promotional tour

They are? Who's replacing Williams?

FEEL DA POWAH OF BBC KUCKBOI

Reminder fucking Guy Ritchie is making a live action Aladdin flick

I'm not that original poster but he is right in fact I only watch movies from the 1930s and the 1940s while wearing my fedora and cloak!

digitalspy.com/movies/news/a814726/students-taught-beauty-and-the-beast-other-disney-classics-promote-sexism-domestic-abuse/

I'm going to do something I don't like TWICE to spite people I don't know on the internet

Wow you sure are a alpha male, you should tell women about how you let Sup Forums dictate your actions and they will fall at your feet!

when did she peak?

They cast a talentless celebrity who used to be a child movie star.
The movie was obvious trash since the beginning.

When she was 12.

Right before the haircut, went downhill after that

We live in a propaganda state, OP.

"The long march".

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

>youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ

It honestly couldn't be any more obvious at this point.

newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/callista-ring/2016/11/22/post-election-star-wars-writer-tweets-empire-white

money.cnn.com/2016/11/11/media/star-wars-rogue-one-donald-trump/

heatst.com/entertainment/star-wars-rogue-one-writers-join-dumb-anti-trump-safety-pin-movement/

heatst.com/entertainment/lucasfilm-president-says-she-doesnt-need-to-cater-to-male-star-wars-fans/

I'm done with all things Disney.

talkies and color films are overrated desu

don't worry soon these uninspiring feminist stories Disney injects into their movies will eventually backfire on them. people will get sick of Disneyshit eventually

>His most noteworthy film was Sherlock Holmes
Jesus Christ. THATS the guy they want to tell Genies story? Which by the way, why are we telling this story to begin with?

Honestly never

Wake me up when she gets another haircut

ITT: Thing will never happen:

>gaston is turned into a black bufon

>sorry user, the patriarchy is over, deal with it

Left or Right?

>Or I guess all the normie soccer moms would gulp it up anyway.

GULP GULP GULP

Hottie

>e-expecto patronum

Left. Modesty is a lost art.

>His most noteworthy film was Sherlock Holmes
Are you fucking new mate?

>dev patel will be aladdin

The white dress one obviously.
Or maybe in the Goblet of Fire, that's when Rupert and Daniel peaked too.

Right, wearing whats on the left, but a size too small

>female inventor
>invents washing machine

BRAVO DISNEY

posting the best look/dress she ever had

>hair along jawline

Fuck, it's a tranny lads.
How were we so rused?

>Sup Forums can't go two minutes without thinking about negroe males

>'Well, there was never very much information or detail at the beginning of the story as to why Belle didn't fit in, other than she liked books. Also what is she doing with her time?'

Reading books. She was basically the medieval equivalent of a shut-in she-neckbeard.

>when a reddit waifufag 4chain down votes your thread with spam images
Is this the same guy that would spam boxxy images or what
Fucking smoker

Confirmed virgin
>doesnt like peach fuzz
Into the trash

>It would be hard evidence that there is some force out there that is trying to manipulate our lives.

There is, his name is George Soros.

Fuck Watson. She's literally the worst Emma

Literally only Emma. And inspiration for how much she baits

you were rused, the HP were always checked out at the library, she was never my waifu.

kek true at least bellend thorne has the decency to shave of his hair

>guy makes joke
>yyyyyoure a virgin

Sure thing user, keep projecting.

Side note; I think that every actor peaked in The Goblet of Fire.

Is all you people do is bitch about women, jews, and other boogeymen?

Everytime i see your shitty image i disregard

Da BBC is too strong pham

>my shitty image

I don't claim ownership by copying an image user.

Yes, the same "patriarchy" which brought all of your fame and your career into existence. Let's just toss it all away.

Doesn't sound so bad. Where is the problem?

they have no life

Sup Forums is triggered at the idea of a smart and capable female character.

No they bitch about everything.
Losers crying look at this kid

>"...Belle didn't fit in, other than she liked books. Also what is she doing with her time?"

gee i don't know let's see, how about FUCKING READING SAID BOOKS? is she supposed to be using them as table coasters?

Some strange things going on in this here thread.

Emma Watson is a shit tier actresss, Beast looks like a furries wet dream instead of a beast and gaston is a manlet is the problem

Did your mothers beat you as kids, or what?

>They purposely went with a boyish looking woman with a shit body to play Belle

What is Hollywood trying to say?

Probably a fat Jazzy black guy.

>which was that she had invented a kind of washing machine, so that, instead of doing laundry, she could sit and use that time to read instead

I hate feminism with a passion, but this isn't bad at all. She invented a washing machine to save her some time, not like they're claiming she built a rocketship or invented household electricity.

>is an inventor
>invents a washing machine.
Wow disney are feminist heros.
This is literally what I would do if I had to make her an "inventor." What's she gonna research next ironing board innovations?

Belle Update.

No they won't. Kids don't care, the like it. Males rarely care, because honestly, it doesn't actually affect anything that much. And females obviously love it. What significant portion of the movie-going audience would seriously be opposed to any of this?

love Emma

Wait until the live action Aladdin movie. You'll be praising this flick and Cinderella

JB Smoove