What are our thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

hotnewhiphop.com/eminems-revival-first-week-sales-projections-report-news.40967.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worse than Recovery.

Walk on Water grew on me. All the other songs are the worst he's ever made.

1/10 at best and this is coming from a Stan.

jesus is bored

Who refere to themselves as a Stan other than a tool? anyway, ENCORE is better than this, how can people shit on encore but praise this? at least encore has replayability, this and Mmlp2 along with recovery are the worst records he's ever made, hang it up em, p.s. how hard is it to flow or pick a beat?

Genuine shit. The toilet noises at the very end say it all.

>our

If you like hamfisted, poorly written lyrics that are politically charged, then it's alright; if not, then it's supremely unenjoyable. Trump can eat my ass, but this album is just annoying.

lol i was thinking the same thing, if that doesn't perfectly sum it up idk what does

Best album of the year.

absolute garbage. starting to genuinely wonder if he was ever actually good.

SALES ESTIMATES ARE IN

hotnewhiphop.com/eminems-revival-first-week-sales-projections-report-news.40967.html
>280-300K total (190-210K pure sales)

What's the Sup Forums verdict on this? Is it a JUST? On one hand, it'a a #1 album and those numbers would be great for anyone who isn't Adele/Swift/Drake/Kendrick/Beiber etc. On the other, MMLP2 moved 792k in its first week.

this except I also hate walk on water

Really says something about the quality of this when the only even remotely listenable song features Ed Sheeran. This is horrible trash and his worst record by far.

Literally a 2/10

I only like the last two tracks. Em has fucking lost it.

Holy shit really? Good. Maybe it'll be a wake up call for him and he'll actually start trying.

best album of the decade
come @ me.

Nobody can call Nas the worst beat picker anymore.

the state of the stans on amazon...

please 1 star this piece of shit

Starts alright and Tracks 1-5 grew on me. Then the entire middle section of the album (Tracks 7 - 11) are fucking awful.

Currently only made it to Framed then put that on repeat because Relapse 2 never ever.

I wonder if Eminem is really difficult to work with behind the scenes. His music seems more and more narcissistic as he gets older. He never picks production that could potentially outshine him and no feature verses either. Just Blaze did an interview where he said he Eminem had a real negative reaction to just some mild criticisms while they were in the studio.

Eminem could start a cult. What the fuck are people hearing.

your ass is heavy duty, like diarrhea

he needs to get back on the drugs and just stick to slim shady at this point cause he can't rap as himself anymore he's gone to total shit

>not bad
>5/5 stars

didn't he say "your ass is heavy doody"?

Do you remember that time when Eminem started to hang around with those Slaughterhouse muppets and you kinda got some hope back?

What happened to that?

White suburban mothers and dad bods stuck in 1999 need a cargo cult like anyone else

This album's showing immense lack of confidence though

i mean..its a play on words

Revival? more like re-shit-al

I've noticed this too. I think the last really good beat he rapped on was Going Through Changes 7 fucking years ago.

The sad thing is that their indie album in 2009 was miles ahead of the turd they dropped under Em.

Untouchable is soyboys anthem

He's always been a narcissist and its just gotten worse and worse. The fact his music gets markedly more immature as he grows older is a sign of that. No one should be making music like this in their forties

I don't care that he's in his forties I just think it should be really well written. Pusha T is near his age and never has struggle bars this bad.

Royce did that decent album with Premier, I just hope he keeps away from Em.

Maybe he's feigning a lack of confidence just to have something to rap about. There's very little if anything new here

When you spend years raising your daughter for a strong black bull kang and some white chad steals her away

forgot pic

Couldn't even listen to it.It's like recovery on steroids. Truly awful.

Last 3 tracks are decent

he's not afraid

I really want to know what other music these people listen to. How can someone possibly think this

Same with the Yelawolf album that Em executive produced. It's like he has the Midas touch, of shit

mmlp2 still made up for what is what missing in the rap game in its pop game, even if you dont like pop it still had that push behind it, this shit is just in the very bottom.

Yout bait is bad and you should feel bad

But Muh Lyrics

>Your booty is heavy duty, like diareah

>I'm swimming in that egyptian river, 'cause I'm in denial(the nile)

If the entire album was like Castle and Arose and had a similar concept, and was stripped down to like 10 tracks, this could've been one of Em's best albums

bad business shitting on trump like that

I imagine a bunch of his fanbase who idolised him before they did the same to the orange one probably aren't listening to him that much anymore.

>when i fart i sniff it

GOAT

Shitting on new Em's lyrics as if this wasn't on SSLP

yeah but this is Marshall Mathers III, not Slim Shady

Fuckdrumpf/10

It's pretty damn awful and I actually liked a number of songs on Recovery.

When I heard the WHITE BOY WHITE BOY song with the Earache in my Eye samples from Cheech and Chong, I was like - Fucking KORN did this shit twenty fucking years ago on Follow the Leader as a goddamn joke track hidden at the end. How the fuck did Eminem think this was a good idea?

Can yelawolf fit a fifth of rum in a big cup between the stick shift in his frickin pickup and drink like a hick, redneck, hillbilly will til' he gets HICCUPS?

That Shady cypher from 2011 was the best thing Eminem has spit in a decade.

he should release some cypher esque stuff everyone would like that and it would probably be good for his image

This has been the worst fucking thing I've listened to all year. There was NOTHING redeemable to this.

I have been a hardcore eminem supporter for most of my life now, I even listened to bootlegged leaked shit and his really obscure shit (like Straight from the Vault & the Slim Shady EP, not to be confused with the LP).

IMO:

Recovery was a dissapointing Eminem album. That being said, it has 5 or 6 songs I'd listen to on their own, but I won't replay that record.

Encore has a ton of great songs and is unfairly criticized.

MMLP2 has more fucking great songs than bad ones.

All of this to highlight the extent to which I was disgusted by this pathetic record. Honestly if it sells 6 figures in the first week then Stans are beyond fucking saving. If this is the utter trite he's going to be producing now, then he has to get the fuck back on drugs and go back to atleast a semblance of his former self for the remaining 24 months of his life.

Regarding music I don't think I've ever been so fucking dissapointed in my life. I'd have rathered he just hung up the boots rather than put this shit out.

>Encore has a ton of great songs
Oh god.

The bonus disc wasn't bad I guess.

i think Sup Forums is being dramatic as usual
it's certainly not amazing, but it's not total shit
it's a 5/10, maybe 6

>Honestly if it sells 6 figures in the first week then Stans are beyond fucking saving
This "Stan" meme needs to die. As if Eminem isn't the biggest hip hop artist of the past 30 years among casuals and non-rap fans alike. If it sells less that that, I'd be surprised.

man I enjoy probably 18/19 out of the 23 songs on that record, idk.

Revival is just fucking trash.

Evil Deeds, Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Toy Soldiers, Encore, One Shot Two Shot, Love You More, We as Americans, Ricky Ticky Toc, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird, Crazy In Love, did you even listen to Encore before? or did you just read a reddit post

>280k-300k

I don't care that Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist ever (because he is), this shit can't even appeal to casuals cus it's barely fucking music.

>Where do you rank this record, Slim?
>"I, uhhhh, try to not look at it that way"

can't say I'm surprised. I'd use the shitty denial/The Nile pun that plagues every internet discussion, but you seemed to have slapped that shit on one of these songs, so I'll refrain.

Preach, Encore was all great IMO except for Spend Some Time, Big Weenie & Ass Like That. I can maybe see why people don't like Puke and Rain Man but that still leaves you with 14 other songs.

Forgot Mosh, yeah I can see why ppl wouldn't like Big Weenie, Rain Man, etc, because he's literally rapping about nothing, but even Ass Like That, and Just Lose it are just baked, stupid, immature singles, they're not meant to be taken seriously, at least they still have replayability, "couple years later that shit'll be illmatic" well, i guess after Revival, that statement can be true

TES>SSLP>MMLP>ENCORE>RELAPSE>RECOVERY>REVIVAL

MMLP2 so bad i forgot it, tied with Revival

Stfu, MMLP2 was a good album. Definitely his best album post-hiatus.

Lmao if it had of been called anything else would you still think that? Weak flow, weak features(besides kendrick) trash beats, etc, you're delusional

This. Those 2 tracks are pretty much the only ones worth listening to.

He def was good for a bit. Fuck, even on Encore and Relapse he had some songs that were matching his beginning's output. But shit like this and Recovery... not good doesn't even begin to describe it.

I feel you. I'm so fucking disappointed with this shit.

Honestly, I think Just Lose It is the only true, terrible song on Encore. Ass Like That gets too much shit. I can laugh to that song. It's much more entertaining than Just Lose It.

Kill yourself. MMLP2 is his 4th best album.

lay down his top3

You're a fucking dumbass. Flow's on point for most of the album, beats are as good as the ones in his earlier albums and who cares about features? The album has a good concept, well explored themes and it's consistent. Kill yourself.

The songs that everyone hates that are all goofy garbage only exist because the original songs on the album (We As Americans, Love You More, Bully, Ricky Ticky Toc, Canibitch and Monkey See Monkey Do) had leaked prior to the albums release. They were literally Eminem doped on drugs going into the booth and basically just saying stupid shit over a beat because he had to meet a printing date.

I genuinely didn't hate Remind Me

TES, MMLP and SSLP

which one of those is the best for you?

Except for Stronger Than I Was, Survival and The Monster. Those songs are unforgivably bad...

Headlights' bad hook and So Much Better are questionable too

Do you want my objective opinion or my based opinion? Because I see MMLP as being the best album overall but my favorite is actually TES.

TES > MMLP > SSLP > Encore > MMLP2 > Relapse > Recovery >>> Revival

I didn't say it was perfect. With the exception So Much Better (I really like that one, it's funny), you named the exact songs which I think are the worst from the album. But still, they're miles better than anything on Revival.

Yeah I didn't mean to make it seem that way. I'm not the guy you were replying to originally btw. I agree MMLP2 is his best work since he got back from rehab for certain. I think Encore has a slight leg over it personally, but I can fully understand why people dislike that one more.

MMLP > SSLP >> TES > Relapse > MMLP2 > Encore > Recovery >> Revival

rap simon cowell rhymin fowl

currently two songs in, its ok, not his best work. will keep you updated on how i suddenly decide its awful

Yeah goym those aren't rigged reviews at all

Good goys

This desu

>his music gets markedly more immature as he grows older
People actually say he's getting more introspective and deeper, but he's basically smelling his own farts post-Relapse while lamenting past efforts. Em had actual self-irony and provocativeness juxtaposed with creative displays of rage and insecurity. He's been all about "I'm back, I know I'm not as good now, omg all these high expectations, feel bad for me, *fart*, my legacy" since 2010 and it's boring. Maybe Eminem just has nothing to interesting to say. This album also doesn't retroactively make Encore good. That's just bullshit there.

I might be biased since I loved his early shit but Revival is his worst album