What does Sup Forums think about Final Destination?

What does Sup Forums think about Final Destination?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cOf3dJ0vmMg
youtu.be/IlArK4Cacd0?t=1m6s
youtube.com/watch?v=IR7Um256bbk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I got cursed or fated to die I'd probably just shoot myself before an ant in my room causes me to be disemboweled or some shit.

Definitely my biggest guilty pleasure movies.

that one guy tried it in two but all his bullets ended up blanks because once cursed you have to die the way death chooses you too.

ferris bueller youre my hero

what if i jumped off a building? could death turn off gravity?

>A truck carrying hay bales drives by at that exact moment
>You break a shitload of bones but live
>Now you're in the hospital
>End up dying from some crazy defibrillator and scalpel accident

Love them all except for the one at the racetrack which was kind of shitty.

If they made one a year i'd see it in theaters every time.

fuck, death dont play around

Final Destination is deeper than people give it credit for.

>This guy was probably death the whole time
>He has a job to do to make the world work
>He still tries to warn his victims because he takes no satisfaction in his work

Just watch BLACKED for an hour. Your inevitable demise will reach you so how

This guy.

Horrorkino, here's why:

Most horror movies involve stupid supernatural elements (ala an invincible killer like Freddy or Jason). Final Destination instead injects horror into every day life. For example I don't believe anyone who isn't afraid of driving behind those log trucks after seeing FD2

I first saw that movie with my cousin and he got pretty nervous when he saw the mom and son crash because of the bottles stuck under the gas pedals since the exact thing had almost killed him and his mom before.

Love them, probably favorite horror series.

I especially love that death eventually catches up with every character from each movie.

I was going to mention logging trucks. Always clinch up when I pass them on the highway

I actually thought they were pretty clever. It's an underrated series tbqhwy.

Shit like that does happen all the time in real life.

youtube.com/watch?v=cOf3dJ0vmMg

>brother sneaked into see this movie in theaters
>he told me a second hand story about it
>"so you know the guy from the Stan music video?...paranoid and locks himself in a cabin..."
>got really excited to see it when i had access to it
>eventually got to see it
>it lived up to the hype
always enjoyed the movie, even pt 2, didn't keep up with 3 after Stan left.
pt 4's ending sounds pure kino

I loved the last movie because of the neat twist at the end, but i hated how they underutilized that plotpoint about taking another persons remaining lifespan.

That shot could have made for a more interesting plot revolving the characters

First post best post

Shame they didn't keep the original ending.

brutal

that scream hurt

2 is kino

>can hear the scream just hovering over embed and seeing the thumbnail
Day ruined.

what original ending?

doesnt make sense. people dying all over the world, and yet Death is busy trying to kill some highschool kids

Death is a force of nature that's like saying you don't understand how it can rain in New York when the rain is busy in London.

Watch the movie smartass. Death is perdonified as a shadow killing the kids one at a time

I have watched all the movies, i don't recall there being a constant shadow when someone died.

hum doesn't means she can't kill other people elsewhere thought

then you are retarded or baiting for the (You)s

He must be talking about how Alex knocks up His love interest before dying, breaking the cycle, like the theory from the sequel.

He appears as a creeping shadow at least once in the first movie. Also the water OP's kid slips on magically goes back under the toilet to make it look like a suicide.

I'm watching all the death scenes right now and i see no shadows.

Final Destination 3 had the hottest girls, in my opinion.

youtu.be/IlArK4Cacd0?t=1m6s

1>3>2>5>4

Agreed.

Yeah i know about that one but where's the shadow here youtube.com/watch?v=IR7Um256bbk for example.

(You)

I really liked how Death was an actual character appearing as a shadow. I love the movies but I wish they would have stuck with that for the rest.

Final Destination is true kino of horror. Much deeper than people give it credit for.

The first Final Destination is clearly an allegory for the state of the United States during the Stock Market Crash. A young man sees the inevitable death of himself and those he cares about, in a plane crash. This is a reference to Dwight D. Eisenhower's famous speech where he declares that the stock exchange is akin to "a plane heading earnestly toward the horizon of possibility."

The young man can see that the stocks are heading down a dangerous path, and chooses not to partake in its downfall. Though he temporarily escaped the fallout (pulled out his investments), the ramifications are inescapable. He is a pawn of forces beyond his control, and though he may survive one day more, he can't outrun it.

The young man who died in the bathtub was a direct reference to the famous postmortem photo of Phillip McIntire, the CFO of GE during the stock market crash. McIntire had hanged himself in the tub when he lost his money, and you can notice that the scene is framed exactly as McIntire's photo was. Brilliant kino.

Final Destination 2 is a reflection of the modern economic dilemma where the aging populace is draining money through Social Security, and the younger generation is burgeoned with the debt. Think about it:

The new batch of victims are only alive because of ramifications caused by the previous victims' (generation's) desperate attempts to lengthen their lives. They are thrust into a damned situation by the actions of those before them, and they are the buffer between the previous victims and death. The previous ones cannot die until the new ones do. They are thrown beneath the bus. The old mortician, who is hinted to be death (as Shakespeare referenced Othello, a dark-skinned moor, as the "ebony harbinger of doom", thusly the references to the play throughout the film) takes no pleasure in ending their lives, but he is a servant of natural order. The government! (Cont.)

D E E P E S T
L
O
R
E

This, watched them all and would watch any new ones they make.

Is this still on Amazon Prime? I don't think it could be released today.

Why was gayface such a douche? Did he have a crush on the protagonist?

The idea of exconomic burden is why the horror comes from the mundane - it highlights the pervasive fear and hopelessness of the populace, and the reach of the government.

So where does Final Destination 3 fit in here?

THANKS FOR ASKINg.

Final Destination 3 is the truest masterpiece. While it follows the idea of the previous installments, it's a show on the monsters that these distresses turn us into. The characters are representations of each of the seven deadly sins, reflecting real-world figures who fell prey to the fear! They may sound like stretches, but were confirmed by the creators in an old EW interview.

Frankie was lust, the caricature of Jackson Fielding, the stalker who died in a car accident while tailing Janice Joplin in the seventies. Jackson's lust was caused by his infatuation with a free spirit, which was caused by the hopelessness of his own situation. His fall from grace was foreshadowed in Frankie's premonition death on the coaster.

Erin was envy, the caricature of Abigail Leighton who shot herself with a nail gun in Oklahoma in 1996. Abigail was a goth, and ended her life because she hated that she could not be like the other girls. Aspects of this person were carried into the film.

Ian was wrath, and was a clear reference to the Columbine shooters in dress, and his exact quote being similar to Erik's, about death my being able to touch him.

Lewis was Pride, and died in the gym. As did former heavyweight fighter Linus Hinton. After sinking into drug addiction, he refused help and died in the gym, referenced by Lewis's death.

The two friends were Gluttony (against the oft-depicted glottony of food, but of something else), and were references to two young girls who died in an Atlanta City house fire while they ate dinner. A personal tragedy because it happened to the filmmaker's friend. The homage was not well-received and he and his friend are no longer on speaking terms. (Cont.)

So finally, Kevin is sloth. After his loss, he loses hope, and becomes complicit in death's inevitability. He loses the will to fight. So who his Kevin? He is us, a mirror.

The References to Dante's inferno are apparent. They board the Devil's Flight, as in the boat Charin to cross hem to the river Hades.

They choose not to board, but their sins catch up to them. Even Wendy's innocence is tainted by the corruption that has stained the mortal world, and the coils of mankind fall about their feet, reflecting true people and the way these economic times have impacted the world we live in, and the desperation it conjures.

Masterpieces.

I'm not watching this shit ever again. I've seen beheadings and all kinds of fucked up shit on the internet. This is the one that bothers me the most.

Agree with this ordering but we need specifics to make a good thread
>best opening mass death
Log truck car crash (undebatable)
Roller coaster
Plane
Bridge
Racetrack
>favorite death from each movie
Stiffler getting his head diced from the train/car scrap.
Barbed wire explosion slice (throw out my prono and drugs guy) or specifically the log that goes into the windshield and takes the persons head off out the back windshield.
Gym nigga getting his head crushed with the weights or same nigga hanging on to the roller coaster and flying off and nailing the track.
Guy who gets organs sucked out his anus in the pool drain thing made me very uncomfortable; guy getting minced in the fence was funny.
Only seen the last one once on TV so don't remember it well but I liked the sheet metal slicing that one dude in strips on the bridge or David kocher getting tarred.
I also really liked how that one ended up being a prequel and the black guy getting crushed by plane debris at the end

Who was greed?

The nigga. FUCK THE WILDCATS

THANK YOU FOR ASKINg.

Greed had been established as the underlying sin represented by the victims in the first film. While he series conforms to traditional Judeo-Christian mythology, it does so subtly, and well.

The initial greed on the first films survivors is both a biblical and an economic metaphor. They were Eve, biting from the Apple because of her own greed for knowledge. They damned all who came after them. Just as the investors who pulled out, and set up the need for societal reform (see FDR's New Deal). These are the same deals that led to the Social Security reform, which ruined the modern economy for the new generation.

Greed has been established. James Wong, the director of the third film, extrapolated on his decision not to include a teen representing greed in the EW interview:

"I feel like with the way the world is... You know, these kids, it's not greed they're experiencing. They don't want for much, you know? These vices, say, gluttony or lust, are a defense mechanism to fill the void of hopelessness that has been thrust upon them. Look at the early 1900's, now that was greed. And that's why we are where we are now. So I figured that we'd avoid greed. It's been done, and all these other things are just a generation clamoring for comfort."

Interestingly, Wong was raised by a devoutly Christian family, and a few of his relatives were involved in the Waco incident.

2>1>5>3>>

No, Lewis was pride. Read the explanation.

You've thought way too much about this

I was gonna say Evan but he was from FD2

Also his death scene was pure kino

Now, Final Destination 4 is the weak point. Director Ellis suffered a stroke after shooting the second, but was brought back to the fourth movie because of contractual obligations.

His own brush with death shaped his direction with the fourth film - the children at the race track went in hopes to see a crash, but it stopped being fun when the danger bled into their own lives. It was his apology letter for his fascination with the macabre, and a harsh self-reflection on his own situation. He had lived a voyeur (citing Friday the 13th and I Spit on Your Grave as his favorite films), and was making a comment on the horror of this innocent fixation being thrust on you.

A very touching personal film, but it lost the direction of the previous 3.

5 was okay. A simple statement on how gang violence is driven by the economic helplessness of inner-city residents. A reflection of 3 on how it turns people into sinful beings, but without the finesse or literary consciousness.

I want to eat the assholes of the girls who died in the tanning salon.

>best opening mass death
Car crash
Bridge
Roller coaster
Plane
Racetrack

>Favorite premonition death
People getting sucked out of the plane.
When someone gets cut in half by the pipe.
When the engine hits the girl in the chest.
David Koechner getting tarred.

>Favorite non premonition death
Stiffler's head getting cut in half (though the teacher comes close because she died in like 3 different ways).

The kid getting window paned.

Frankie getting a motor to the head at the drive through.

The guy getting dragged by his own truck.

The buddha statue.

The first one was good. It was interesting.

It was ruined by everything else.

You must've missed the message of the third film. Please, enlighten yourself:

For the record? You're fucking GONE, kid.

>don't even care if I'm banned for announcing a report - these fucking spamcunts must BURN

Before or after the burning?

Both.

did they ever say what the final destination was? they had like 4-5 movies and it was never fully explained in any of them

the final destination was

escaping your shitty life

but my life rules, and the lives of everyone in those movies ruled. stop shitposting