What is the easiest germanic language to learn to read?

What is the easiest germanic language to learn to read?

Swedish is basically german minus half the grammars. Letter to sound consistency is pretty good except for the ɧ trap.

Dutch is like a less autistic version of German. Icelandic is probably the hardest because it's nearly identical to Old Norse.

Dutch. It's a mixture of German and English, grammar isnt too hard and very similar to that of English, and apart from the slightly harsh G sound the pronounciation isn't very different of English either

Dutch.

English

If you can mange to read Dutch you can basically understand German. Go for Swedish if you try to make sense.

Dutch or norwegian

Easy languages with no grammar: danish, english, norwegian, dutch and swedish.

what the fuck, there's dialects in the US? How? What are they?

>Sju

i fucking hate the sound of that word

350 million people will do that to you
memes aside, there's like only 40-50 million spanish speakers in the us

>only 50 million

50 million is a large chunk of that 350 million.

Don't hear how Southerners, Bostonians etc. sound different?

Frisian

it's just accent, not dialects
I've never heard of american dialects

Yall b needin some reasers there.

That depends entirely on what you mean by "read". If you mean "get the basic gist of a simply majority of the facts and everyone is also going to cut you incredible lengths of slack because no one gives a fuck about all the rules because we love to be uneducated", probably English, especially the American kind.

If you mean "can read this at an educated or professional level and produce a high-quality evaluation of the information contained within", probably not English.

There's 3 different dialects just in California, bro/breh/bruh. There's Deep Southern (Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, S. Carolina), Texan, Floridian, Creole (two or three varieties, at that) and vaguely-country-because-I-grew-up-listening-to-country-music-but-I-live-in-Nevada "southern" dialects. People who live in the Great Lakes area sound like ESL foreigners to most Americans (that's because they are all actually Canadian).

The United States even has it's own dialect of Spanish, officially recognized by La Real Academia Española and the professional and academic linguist community.

It's dialects, by every definition of the concept of dialects.

There is a common misconception held by non-English speakers that the varying dialects of English are simply "accents" that is caused almost exclusively by people confusing what is presented in media with real life.

Also, just because you might be able to figure out what someone is saying using context because you're a human being and language is a core foundation of our entire intelligence doesn't mean it's not a different dialect. It just means you aren't a complete idiot.

Source: I'm a professional linguist

>asiest germanic language

AAVE by far

is scots a different language or a dialect

Folkspraak

300 years ago a different language, now a dialect