Can European people tell each other apart?

French or German person was in Britain and spoke perfect English would the locals be able to pick him out as a foreigner by his appearance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZDOlXT8tXQ
en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php/List_of_Tagalog_loanwords
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Purely by appearance- no, unless they are super swarthy (italian), by behavior usually yes

I'd assume it's similar to America. In the sense that most people look the same. But you can tell the difference between their accents depending on how heavy it is.

Like I can tell the difference between someone from Mississippi and New York without any problem. But someone from say Nevada and Colorado could be a problem.

Portuguese people looks very different from Polish and German people.

I can tell Mediterraneans, they are dark, but I can't tell an Iberian to a Southern French to an Italian.

I can tell a German because they are stuck up and dress like shit, like if they were in the 90's and have a weird face.

I can tell a Brit/Irish because they are lighter.

I can tell a Dutch because they are often blond and tall.

I can tell a Russian too, Poles too, Eastern Euros, they have different faces, I can tell Scandinavians too.

why are liberals always so fucking ugly

I can tell a French by their smell.

Yes. He'd look like a human and not some demonic beady-eyed Anglo.
They'd sniff him out instantly.

Good post

It depends.
I'd say 30% of the Europeans have international faces.
And 70% of the Europeans have local faces.
The bigger a country is the harder they find it to recognize outsiders.
Plus you also have fashion and mannerisms that you can recognize your countrymen by.

When I'm in Germany or Italy I find it very easy to pick out my fellow Dutch people.
When I see a Pole or Frenchie in the Netherlands I can see on his face that he doesn't belong here.
When someone is Swedish or British you just know his face is a bit off.
But some people have faces that fit into every country.

people from the balkans (greece, bulgaria) are brown like turks
people from western europe (germany, netherlands) have horse faces
scandinavians are tall, blonde and blue eyed
finns and russians look like mongols
south europeans are hairy and swarthy

>French or German person was in Britain and spoke perfect English would the locals be able to pick him out as a foreigner by his appearance?

I don't think so. Britain has a wide variety of phenotypes, most Germans or French would blend in. The average German and the average Frenchman looks different from the average Briton, but an individual German or Frenchman is still within the phenotypical spectrum that is normal in Britain.

> Southern Europeans are easy to spot, they are usually swarthy and short (except for Balkanese which are tall, but they are swarthy anyway so).

> The finnish meme about mongol is sometimes true. Some finns actually have hints of asian facial features, some have vague signs of those slanted eyes and theres also something with their noses, they often have "pig noses". However, most finns looks like the average nordic person.

> Eastern slavs have rounder faces on average.

> Dutch people have fair skin but always brown hair, which they cover in 3 litres of hair gel.

> Britbong redheads often have dark brown red hair and brown eyes. Swedish redheads have more blonde in their hair, and less freckles, and blue eyes.

> There are quite alot of ethnic britbongs with black or dark brown hair, such a thing is almost unheard of among ethnic Swedes

I mean, if you see this guy. Do you really have to wonder where he is from.

I can guarantee they are not Portuguese or Spanish or Greek.

>german
>speaking perfect english

lel

maybe i can tell slavs apart
i usually cant tell sotuhern euros apart from turks and north africans and shit

all westerners (dutch, brits, germans, french) look the same.

French are waaay darker than the Dutch and Germans.

Some french look fucking arab.

Can you recognize the degrees of Dutchieness?

youtube.com/watch?v=mZDOlXT8tXQ

There is a minor character on game of thrones who i thought looked very faroese the second i first saw him. Did some research and turns out he is (half)faroese.

So you can't hide behind fluency, i see you foreigner

>Some french look fucking arab.
Perhaps they really are Arabs. There are many Maghrebis here.

Interesting video though

Faroese have dwarven facial features?

no, just muscly face like real viking man

We aren't European

could be from anywhere but i would guess dane

Frenchmen are usually quite easy to spot, Germans are harder unless they have a very stereotypical 'look'.
In the event they spoke perfect English, as in flawless and unaccented, then people generally would assume you're native either way as we have many different peoples here. (It's not that uncommon to have French or German grandparents)
It is all a case by case thing though.

but you are a mixture of Gaelic and Viking

Some. The English and Irish are very distinctive, as are the Spanish, Italians, Dutch, Greek and Germans. I think I'd have difficulty with the rest of Europe.
Eastern Europeans are easy to pick as a general group, but fuck if I know the difference between their individual countries. Same goes for the Scandinavians.

I am not european.

>The English and Irish are very distinctive

This. Specially gingers.

Poles/Germans and Portuguese/Spaniards look different as fuck

We all know that because euro diaspora.

this joke is really getting old.

>joke

only the women are gaelic, the men are norse.

Its easy to spot French people and krauts. French people wear stripey jumpers, berets and are normally smoking. Krauts wear lederhosen and dig holes.

>Spain
>White
>European

kek

they aren't ugly they are different.

>tfw I can hear a frenchman from a mile off
>"hon hon hon hon hon hon hon oui oui"

you are repeating what I've already said

> Real viking
You people are mutts, half nordics. Scots and Irish in denial.

Real nordics are found in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

Even given fluent language, the Southerners are darker than the Northerners. This whole question has to with Hitler because racial "science" used to be a thing and with it particular nations could be determined just by their looks.

Reminded me of this

I've been mistaken by locals to be
>Dutch
>English
>French
>German
(I have bits of all above in me)

But also some nations I have no connection to
>Sweden
>Italy
>Russia

I think as long as you wear common enough clothing and don't look like a tourist, any white person who isn't entirely comprised of a single nationality should seem to blend into the whole continent

>bullying færoyene

>t. white boi

is it true that icelanders and faroe islanders are genetically the same people?
I thought that western norwegian have also gaelic influence and thus they look like the former groups.

Wathing the football team of Iceland I can tell apart a 30%-70% gaelic-viking heritage.

>Implying I am not darker than niggers.

in turkey I've been mistaken for persian
in iran I've been mistaken for turkish
in england I've been mistake for spaniard
in greece I've been mistaken for italian

Guess my ethnicity

prove it then white boi

>finns look like mong-

Why are filipinos so fucking obsessed with Spaniards and whiteness?; Man, I am sorry but you are the most pathetic asian country, literally colonized by Africans. I know It may hurt your feeling but you have accept the reality. Spain is an African nation and is a brown country and is the country that conquered YOU. Accept your african roots, It is in your veins.

Half-Russian, Half-Maritimes

>finally
I did it.

I believe filipinos do not have spanish blood, and I still think you're white tho...well, not really, maybe olives, I think you're olives.

Jose Mohammad. Accept your roots.

No Russian, all Maritimes (which means English/Scottish/Irish and maybe a bit of French)

> I still think you're white tho...well, not really, maybe olives, I think you're olives.
North Africans are olive as well. We dont have anything to do with those Frenchies or those arrogants brits. Not a single drop of blood shared with those bastards.

You have to go back.

Man I'm good, you've got some bags under your eyes though lad, must be a lot of sleepless nights

>Knows what a Maritimer looks like
>doesn't know that Maritimers are either drunk or hung-over in 100% of pictures

Not so good after all

I mean that's just everyone outside of Southern Ontario.

>tumblr

El NORMIE, señores.

>No conoce el meme de España es africana que usamos para irritar a media Sup Forums

Creo que tu eres el que se tiene que volver, a cancerbook y esos lugares donde los progres y normies habitáis.

Se que estas haciendolo por el meme y tal, pero la unica difrencia genetica que tenemos con los Franceses y Britanicos, es que ellos tienen mas rasgos de Euros primitivos que nosotros (que descedemos patrilnialmente de invasores Asiaticos/Scythas/Yamnas como quieras llamarlos).

As an ethnic Québécois who lives in Montreal (a city with a significant Anglo minority), I find it surprising how often I'm able to tell if a person is an Anglo simply based on physical appearance.

Obviously it's not perfect by any means, but I'd say there definitely is a physical difference between Anglos and ethnic Québécois, enough for me to often be able to correctly predict to which group a person belongs.

Well yeah they speak different languages and have different cultures. Even if they sat at the same bar drinking beer speaking english the accent and culture and a simple question would answer it

yes, kinda.
Both our people were originally economic migrants from westnorway and the scottish isles. But I think faroese are more celtic, than icelanders who are more norwegian.
There were irish munks in faroe and iceland before the vikings, but they most likely were killed.

By appearance you can tell apart slavic/iberian/nordic

Individual countries maybe harder
Some countries have their own particular 'look'

says the one speaking a low german pidgin language

> The finnish meme about mongol is sometimes true. Some finns actually have hints of asian facial features, some have vague signs of those slanted eyes and theres also something with their noses, they often have "pig noses". However, most finns looks like the average nordic person.

Fucking donkey, it's pretty common amongst nordics themselves, that what you get for mixing with reindeerherders you sillies.

Just look at these 2 prime aryan norwegians.

Sí, lo hago por los memes. Tampoco es que me haga mucha gracia compartir algo con esos bastardos para serte sincero, aunque solo sean meme ancestros

lel

Mierda, de tantos filipinos nos tienen que tocar los autistas que son capaces de entendernos.

Para bien y para mal son nuestros hermanos de sangre. Aunque nuestra sangre parece estar maldita o algo por que en numero de guerras civiles que hemos tenido no es normal.

I'm in NB and it's the same. Usually I can tell the difference between French and Anglos.

Pensaba que solo la manila de los 1940 hablaba español, aparte de los que hablan el Chabacano, que es Español por decirle algo. Lo has aprendido por algo o no eres de las Filipinas.

Pues tendrás que ser de los pocos filipinos que pueden hablar español

I think we have the flip equivalent of Jorge here, only a bit smarter.

>German person
His choice of wearing socks and sandals would probably give him away.

>French
>perfect English

lo aprendí porque quiero, es solo lo que es...y también porque es más fácil de aprender español que otros idiomas

French people have huge noses and mostly black hair and a greater incidence of weak chins and round heads, so you can tell them apart from the blonde, angular-faced, pug-nosed Germans pretty easily. Iberian people have almost comically long faces and hook noses like the French, only much smaller. They're notable for their curly med hair and ridiculously thick eyebrows. So yes, you can tell people apart sometimes.

>he doesn't belong here

That's the spirit, 'fuck tourists', I guess!

el chiNO seniores

>Para bien y para mal son nuestros hermanos de sangre

Menuda mierda de hermanos nos ha tocado entonces. Uno nos trato de invadir y el otro no hace más que tocarnos los cojones con la puta roca y los narcos. Literalmente, toda la puta droga de la península pasa por el puto peñón.

fuck off cunt I can learn what I want

>y también porque es más fácil de aprender español que otros idiomas
¿Lo dices porque en tagálog tenéis muchas palabras de España?

>French are waaay darker than the Dutch and Germans.

Only southerners.

So? What makes an anglo an anglo?

>French people have huge noses and mostly black hair and a greater incidence of weak chins and round heads

Alpine masterace.

El Español es de los idiomas mas faciles de aprender, el mas facil de aprender de los idiomas con varios milliones de hablantes tambien.
Somos un pais de cainitas, no se por que te sorprendes que con quien tenemos mayores lazos son tambien con quien tenemos los mayores roces.
Aunque con los Irlandeses (aparte de los Portubros, con quien nos parecemos mas) nunce hemos tenido problemas.

sí, tenemos algunas palabras de Español....y Nahuatl (muchas que también entienden los hispanohablantes)

en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php/List_of_Tagalog_loanwords

They are clingy as fuck too, they always try to hang out with Europeans, I've seen it many times, I'm pretty sure they think they are white.

>Aunque con los Irlandeses (aparte de los Portubros, con quien nos parecemos mas) nunce hemos tenido problemas.

Bueno supongo que los gallegos y los asturianos si se parecen más a ellos, ya que ellos son "celtas". Pienso que por lo menos las zonas del mediterráneo tienen más roce con Italia y los romanos en general que con los celtas.

>About 40% of everyday (informal) Tagalog conversation is practically made up of Spanish loanwords
wow, that's a lot

>They think they are white
Probably, I suppose they still have the casta system as the mexicans and other latin americans countries have.

Hablo desde un punto de vista genetico mas que cultural, con Italia hay mas differencia que con un Frances por ejemplo, especialmente si es del sur (como que Gasconia/aquitania son Vascos, y tambien tienes Catalanes) pero culturalmente nos parecemos mas a los Italianos, eso si.
It would be weird, they were never many Spaniards there, normally in all the philipnes there were less than 5.000, and they were mostly priest or soldiers. At the biggest, during wars and stuff, 15.000 Spaniards got there.

this.