Listening to my first Can album. Hopefully they're as good as everyone says they are

Listening to my first Can album. Hopefully they're as good as everyone says they are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6ds9CyVupaU
youtu.be/_ZUCxG3I01I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hopefully they're as good as everyone says
and yet you're not listening to one of the big 3 albums that are pretty much universally considered proof of how good they are
why

Monster Movie is a great introduction to The Can, wtf.

Monster Movie is fucking great though
once again friendo proving themselves to be a faggot

>not listening to an artist's discography in chronological order

I hope you liked White Light/White Heat. You DID listen to that album first, right?

monster movie is a 6/10 and while that is admirable it has no place alongside can's big 3 which outclass it in every way

report back op. you had to at least like mary mary so contrary and you doo right

My laptop died so I have to start the album over but I WILL be listening to it.

Why would I listen to an album by a completely different band before I listened to this? This is part of a backlog I made.

They have better albums but that one is still great, Father Cannot Yell is easily one of the best things they ever did

for what it's worth Monster Movie is the first Can album I listened to and I fucking loved it

also allowed me to appreciate Future Days even more

Alright I'm back on track after my laptop went kaput.

Pretty interesting first track. I kinda like the 'spoken word' element here.

Not really a fan of the 'chanting' they did around the first 4 minutes of the track but overall enjoyed it. Just got to the track Mary.

thoughts? that's my second favorite on the album

thanks for the blog post

I overall enjoyed the track, like I said.
But Mary is MUCH better, honestly. Love this track. The vocalist is doing a great job and I love the guitars.

(Basic bitch critiquing here but still I'm enjoying it)

Thanks for bitching about someone talking about an album in a thread about that album instead of going to another thread.

i was talking about mary when i was asking for your thoughts. that one is my second favorite. i can see why father cannot yell would be a bit difficult to listen to.

glad you like mary though

fuck off

thanks for the upset post

Just got to the last track.

Mary > Outside > Father Cannot

You doo right is the most caney can song. if u like that u like can.

get ready for the jam of a lifetime

So what are their other albums like?
I may not get to them for a while because the Can album is part of a psych album backlog I have going currently.

Leaning towards A 6-7/10 for this release.

>So what are their other albums like?
kind of all over the place. the first half of tago mago is probably the most similar to monster movie except bettter imo. the only thing is the second half is almost completely experimental noise a-la stockhausen. ege bamyasi is probably their most poppy/accessible (with the exception of soup) but it's an incredible album with a couple of their best songs. future days is probably their most experimental but also probably their best. think jazz fusion from a tropical fantasy world.

>So what are their other albums like?
significantly different from each other and very, very good
youtu.be/6ds9CyVupaU
youtu.be/_ZUCxG3I01I
the playing is also a lot tighter

Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, and Future Days are life. Damo Suzuki (the lead singer on those three) brings a whole new vibe to the band.

Mary > Outside = Yoo Doo > Father
Here's where it ranks in my backlog so far.

>future days is probably their most experimental but also probably their best. think jazz fusion from a tropical fantasy world.
That sounds fucking awesome, honestly.

It is. I wish I could go back in time and, like you, listen to them for the first time. Easily one of my top three bands. Number one on most days

>That sounds fucking awesome, honestly.
yeah man it is. definitely in my top ten albums of all time. make sure you get to it at some point.

Yeah all the stuff in my current backlog are bands I'm listening to for the first time with 2 exceptions. Beach Boys (who I heard TODAY! and of course Pet Sounds from) and pic related where I tried 10 fucking times to listen to Trout Mask Replica and couldn't make it through.