7 year anniversary

7 year anniversary

This has to be one of the most influential plays in the history of the sport

Thanks to resentful brits, their stupid fake morals and white guilt, and butthurted niggers, their pathetic PR campaign has been succesfull and now we need to deal with the scourge of VAR.

The right man, at the right place, can be enormously influential. Suarez was that man on that day.

Proud of him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Qub9pLfwfs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underarm_bowling_incident_of_1981
youtube.com/watch?v=_86-ivj66DI
youtube.com/watch?v=MGQBO5UoxZk
youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZSoZScqBU
youtube.com/watch?v=CmCHS1Nj-Pg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but they didn't even use it

Felipe Melo did nothing wrong

The rat King is subhuman scum and should have been banned for life. He's a cancer on football.

absolutely basado

What would VAR do?

send him off and award Ghana a benulty, dirty U R Gayan cheaters, if there was VAR at the time!!!!

oh wait...

>The rat King is subhuman scum and should have been banned for life. He's a cancer on football.

Some face there bruh.

Fuck*ng saved

See that the ghanian guy dived and give him an yellow.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Qub9pLfwfs

The fuck is this?!

i think its jara after winning copa america slippin' the ol' tongue on his son. i remember i saw it live and felt really bad for the kid. imagine ur dad kissing u on the mouth live in front of literal millions

Go to sleep. A lot of tables to mind of tomorrow mesero de mierda

The clueless muricans and dumb niggers calling that cheating has nothing to do with VAR.

Nice try, though. But VAR will keep on being a thing and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

>mesero
>recycling mexican jokes

>The clueless muricans and dumb niggers calling that cheating has nothing to do with VAR.
The VAR is the first step in implementing the new rules FIFA is discussing. Among them is awarding a goal in these kind of situations.

Guess which play they have in mind.

>jara
It's alexis

based rat king
i would have done the same thing

Espero que los uruguayos sepan que la FIFA en el proximo congreso va a votar que en estas situaciones no se va a cobrar penal, sino que sera declarado gol, ademas de la expulsion.

Felicidades yoruguas, hicieron algo tan patetico que la FIFA va a tener que cambiar las reglas del deporte. Como lo que hicieron los Australianos con Nueva Zelanda.

>slippery slope

>Among them is awarding a goal in these kind of situations.
I guess you've never seen rugby, then.

>Felicidades yoruguas, hicieron algo tan patetico que la FIFA va a tener que cambiar las reglas del deporte.
Ay si es culpa nuestra. Pobre FIFA no tiene más remedio. Pobrecitos. Perdón.

Played it and watch it every weekend. The penalty try has been around for ever, but there was no discussion about anything like that before Suarez's hand.

based Suarez. BTFO'd Evra too the ape

>VAR means they will award goals that never crossed the goal line

citation needed, not trying to be flippant, I'm genuinely curious if this is a real thing

Fair enough. I don't mind if they bring that rule to football 2bh.

And I loved that moment. All the salt afterwards was priceless.

Nice victim complex. Reminds me of 2014 when Suarez bit Chiellini and Uruguayans on Sup Forums were saying people only disagreed with it because they hate Uruguay, as if Uruguay wasn't the epitome of irrelevance.

is true. From now on, if the ball clearly goes to the net and a player tries to stop it with his hands, it will be goal + red card. They are going to vote this idea in the next FIFA congress.

How could ONE player from a small country assblasted a nation so hard that they try to change the rules of the game they invented?

>being proud of a scumbag exploiting the rules

>scumbag exploiting the rules
That's original Mustafa. Never heard it before. Please tell us more.

Wanted to bump the thread, at all costs

Now you remember the day ratking killed chile, by scoring 4 goals in one match.

>Uruguay wasn't the epitome of irrelevance
>England only 1 WC and right now more than 25 years without reaching a semifinal
>Never won an Euro and right now 20 years without reaching a semifinal
>Never even played a confederation cup
>in WC Uruguay and England played 3 times, 2 times Uruguay won and 1 time it was a draw (1966 WC)
>If you count friendlies Uruguay won 5 times, 3 draws and England won 3
ok

>Como lo que hicieron los Australianos con Nueva Zelanda.
Qué hicieron?

Leave him alone bro.

Most chileans are real football fans and know that they would have done the same as the Rat King. See

What rule? Video technology was always a topic before Suarez handballed it. Only the Uruguayan victim complex thinks otherwise.

holy shit that's so gay, the suarez handball is one of those weird margin gamesmanship plays that makes the world cup interesting and historic

plz respond I don't know much about futbol history from asia

Convicts grandsons that gave zero fucks about football until 15 years ago understand the game better than those who invented it. Unbelievable.

I bet I'll have more fun with the AFL and the NRL than with the EPL.

Will englels ever recover?

No es de futbol, es de cricket. Como ni me se las reglas no te puedo explicar bien que se cambió.

>What rule?
if there is a hand on the ball to stop the goal it will be rewarded with a goal instead of a penalty

Search for "underarm incident"

Never heard of that but it's sensible. Can you present a logical argument against it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underarm_bowling_incident_of_1981

Gracias

Is kissing childs sth common in chile?

Yes

My dad used to do even funnier things to me hahaha it's our culture bro hahaha

is may be a rationale rule I do not deny that but still it appeared because of And for the "puritans" of football that think that it should be a goal this situation did not even should happened because there was an off side and the foul was inexistent.

If you go for the pure apply of the rules the one that got wronged was Uruguay, Got a foul against him for a Ghanaian dive, got a shot for a Ghanaian when there was an offside situation, got a player sent off and a penalty against for a situation that should not had happen and could not play the next game with his best striker.

A penalty + a red is enough

i am from mendoza, same here

my uncle used to make me kiss his butt lol

The simple fact that the ball didn't cross the goalline.

It's beyond retard to change the rules because you're buttblasted by that play. What's the difference between handballing a ball that's going in from fouling a player inside the box after he dribbles the goalkeeper and have a clear path to the goal?

The fact is that there are clear AND FAIR rules that punish players for handballing a ball going in, Suárez got punished for it accordingly and it's not his or the rules fault Ghana was inept

>goal is 99% certain
>defender deliberately stops it with an illegal move
it's perfectly sensible, should be goal + red card or goal + yellow card if you think the former is too penalizing for the team

Reminder that an equivalent to this rule exists in rugby and basketball. There might be more sports but I can't recall any.

I agree, I think it adds some suspense too but if FIFA want to reward with a goal in this kind of specific situation is still a rationale thing.

Although it would be a clusterfuck if some referee award a goal in a more common hand in the area while the ball was "probably" entering the goal...and add the VAR to evaluate if the hand/arm was not in a natural position, intention, etc. and the referee gives the goal while the repetition shows that the hand should not been even a penalty.

haha and then we destroyed you

what about when a fan or some other people enters the field and stop a goal or makes a goal?

haha and then Spain destroyed you

youtube.com/watch?v=_86-ivj66DI
goal + massagist sent off jajaja

>destroyed
uhmm no sweetie

why not? You lost by 1 goal, the same difference between you and us in the semis.

yes but we didnt concede from 36m

>if you lose by 1 goal you are destroyed
>if we lose by 1 goal we are not destroyed bbbecause reasons

Nah, we controlled the whole match from the beginning, that last goal was lolwhocares since it was already over extra time.
And again, conceding from 36m is embarrassing

Funny how every team in that semifinal is terrible now.

germany is the world champion and a few hours ago he won the confederations cup but if you think is terrible is your opinion.
Also we are third in the WC qualies above argentina and chile and Spain is first in his group to qualify to russia....still you can think that is terrible, no problem.

You can't compare a goal in basketball and football.

A player would only make a deliberate handball in specific situations. When there's no time to recover, if they do it at the beginning of the game for example, the punishment is one less player + 80% chance a goal, instead of just a goal, and one less player can fuck you more than just a goal. See the 2006 UCL final.

>foul before the 36m goal
>offside in second goal
Oh, yeah. DESTROYED

lmao underrated

goal + yellow card

there, fixes your problem and fixes cases like ratking's hand of infinite salt, where the red card renders no advantage to the other team if they miss the penalty, because it happened in the last minute

ALL HAIL RAT KING

No one would ever put their hand then. It is a tactical risk, even with the current rules is rare when it happens and even rarer when it works for the team that made the handball.

What about play like this one? youtube.com/watch?v=MGQBO5UoxZk
Should it also be a yellow + a goal?

>No one would ever put their hand then.
Precisely because now there's a rule stopping it. Likewise, you don't see very often keepers grabbing the ball when it's passed with the foot by a team mate.

>What about play like this one?
>Should it also be a yellow + a goal?
No. Keeper is still there, it's a clear chance, but not a 99% certain goal.
If the forward had dribbled the keeper and had the ball in perfect conditions to score the goal, but was fouled by the keeper himself or a defender coming from behind, then yes, I'd give him a goal.

There's fucking nothing to fix. What Suarez did was ok.

>If the forward had dribbled the keeper and had the ball in perfect conditions to score the goal, but was fouled by the keeper himself or a defender coming from behind, then yes, I'd give him a goal.
this youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZSoZScqBU kind of situation happens and more often that one would think

I thought about that, but regardless you're denying a 99% (alright, let's drop it to 90%) goal chance. Same dilemma goes for rugby and the penalty try exists anyways.

>What Suarez did was ok
No, it fucking wasn't. Else he wouldn't be sent off.
What we're discussing is if the foul should be punished with a goal or a penalty + red card.
This is just a suggestion. I'm not FIFA, with the power to change the sport or anything. And there's more important stuff to fix than a rare case like this imo.

Can someone explain the controversy. I never understood it.

Suarez fouled, got sent off. The end. How was any of this controversial? It's not like the ref gave him a yellow card and then he scored the winning goal or that Ghana didn't get a pen.

var looks atrocious desu. it doesnt work in your sport.

I cant honestly believe yuros defend this

he literally disallows a goal, and the guy taking the PK now has a chance of his shot getting deflected despite the goalie not stopping it before

So, he should've let the ball pass?

yes, because you're never supposed to touch the ball with your hands

Butthurt brits and africans were upset because they lost A LOT of money. Even now FIFA goes after Suarez whenever they can, remember them mocking him in some FIFA ceremony putting a photo of his teeth?

He wasn't even there though because he's literally said that he doesn't go to FIFA stuff.

>Suarez fouled, got sent off
According to the rules in place, things were handled correctly by the ref. That's not the problem. And neither is discussing if Suarez's action is cheating or not. I don't care about that.

The thing is that a player denied a CLEAR GOAL, 99% chance, with an illegal move. In some sports, the point is awarded (see "goaltending" in basketball, "penalty try" in rugby). Why shouldn't we discuss the same for football?

Did you forget to take some important pills or something mate?

You're never to let the opposing team score. Rules are there to make the game fair, and rules were applied.
We are going down a road thats goin to fuck everything up. Whats next? Red card for every foul? Because hurr durr, you are never to foul anybody.
>This fuckin flag in this fuckin topic

Should tactical fouls be disallowed too?

picture this: its the World cup final, for some reason uruguay vs ghana are the finalists

suarez does this and gets sent off, the goal disallowed, and ghana doesnt get the trophy because the goal didnt count.

is that fair?

read You know that is in the rules that he he can do it although if he do it he would get a red card and the rival team will have a penalty kick,
Is your choice to do it or not, is in the rules.
Through away the should, the is not right or the was the correct thing to do...only cold fucking rules, is writing there and was played like the manual, there was no cheating.
You can see it as something moral, the Ghanaian will say it was not fair, Uruguayans will said he was a hero because he sacrifice himself for the team but that is not in the discussion. It was not cheating because it was all contemplated by the rules.

Wow, an aussie is buthurting every faggot in this thread.

R A R E
A
R
E

NOT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK IS FAIR!!! It´s football, played by football rules!

Also Ghana goal was not disallowed because there was not a goal!

Picture this, World Cup Final USA vs China
China dominates all the game, 25 chances of goal against 0 of USA.
USA 25 fouls against 2 of China. USA do not even pass the midfield but they draw 0-0.
In penalties USA wins...

Is this fair? DOES NOT MATTER!!! USA would be the world champion.

thats different

chinks arent people

>It's in the rules
>There was no cheating
>Not knowing the difference between rules and warnings

No wonder the Muslims don't even want your continent. I thought it was just hues who were retards.

>Uruguay

Ghana lost because Gyan couldn't score a penalty.

>disallowing tactical fouls
No, but there's an easy way to make them more legit.
Have you ever watched futsal? You can only make 5 fouls in each half. After that, any foul is punished with a 10m freekick in which only the keeper is allowed to defend the ball.
youtube.com/watch?v=CmCHS1Nj-Pg

Because of this, teams have to do some "foul management" and committing a foul becomes something actually more tactical than the bullshit that happens sometimes in football.

It's an interesting rule that I'd like to see in football, because some teams abuse the shit out of fouling.
That and stopping the clock instead of having fucking inaccurate injury time.

then what said
every foul is a red, every hand in the field is a red, almost every penalty is a goal, every dive a red, every spend time is a red, every time a goalkeeper gets the ball more than 6 seconds is a red. CHEATING BASTARDS!

they lost because what should have been the winning goal didnt get counted, so it went to PK's