Is it time for FIFA to do something about the Confederations Cup?

When a B team wins a tournament I think it is a big indicator that said tournament doesn't matter and should disappear.

How do they expect us to watch something like that? If the teams can't take it seriously how are we supposed to pretend that is is important?

Also, the other teams should be eternally ashamed. It is unconceivable to me that even sending your best, the team that didn't care won. They shouldn't be allowed to play the World Cup just because of that.

Make a World League that lasts 4 years and it's everybody vs. everybody

Ok, I’ll drop the truth.

This was our a team.

The other fuckers like Müller, Höwedes, Özil and Neuer just don’t know yet.

the confederation cup was never about the actual competition, it's about making sure the host country has their shit together so they don't fuck up the real WC and lose everyone a bunch of money

Fifa still hasn't decided if the competition will go on

If it does, it won't be in Qatar.

>the team that didn't care won

i am pretty sure that the young players who know that they only have little chance to play at a major tournement again really wanted this

Or maybe the krauts are just that good.

They played with the acknowledge that if they do a good job they would have a secure spot on the main team.

They played with that inspiration.
The other teams played with arrogance knowing that they are the best of their countries and there's no one above them.

This is very humble, but I think only Werner and Draxler might make into the A-Team in the future. It is a real shame not only for Chile, but for the entire South America, that Germany won this thing fair and square, since it shows just how distant we are from genuine development. What is worse is that the distance tends to get even higher as time goes by, with the Germans applying advanced engineering and the French adopting every single african kid there is.

kek

Not that far from the truth but it wasn't exactly the A team either.

Wasn't Ausfailia in this tournament? it barely got any coverage here.

>only sane posts in these threads
Damn
Here's another thing, we know that confed cup is a meme but the 'no copas' thing was more than just that around here, so now that we actually have a team that can win at least something nobody misses the chance to celebrate. Kinda compensating for 100 years of nothing but shit teams.
Only Ecuador and Venezuela have never won Copa América, Chile was there some time ago.

>the team that didn't care won
They celebrated more than the WC Final

We hate the Confed Cup so much we won it with a C-team just to spite FIFA and make their tournament look like a fucking joke in front of the whole world. They shouldn't have forced us to participate.

you sound a bit overconfident

Germans are asking for these guys to play the WC. They became the A team. They care.

And this somehow makes it better? If Arsenal v Man City play and Arsenal rest their best players because they will play a cup game in 2 days or some shit like that and STILL win then it is fucking humiliating for City. It doesn't matter than the Arsenal bench just wanted it more.

Muller, Ozil and Hummels are definitely past it. Werner is going to be Lewandowski 2.0, except better.

this

It was all young players, most of them never won anything or for some of the older not starting 11 it was their chance to get a hand on a cup as a actual important part of the team.

Also they won it without OT, those extra 30min really fuck the players up and will take most of the celebration into a
>wow we won it, but I have no fucking idea how to walk desu

this is sort of the impression I'm getting too
neuer will still be #1 obviously, but I would be surprised not to see guys like draxler, goretzka, werner, and kimmich starting. mustafi and hector are already pretty much there.

i am not sure who in your eyes the persons of fault are

mustafi a shit tho

yeah, relatively speaking. but who would replace him?

Chile, Portugal, Russia and Mexico of course; for being shit.

Of course it matters, the fact that they are not the starters doesn't mean they are alienated from the sport.
They are still professional football players that have years training and want to prove their worth

How do you germans see Ter Stegen? Do you think he could take Neuer's mantle soon?

France won it twice and the only thing I can remember about it is Marc-Vivien Foé dying on the pitch.

It was the last chance for Portugal to win a trophy, if I were them I would try everything I could to win it.

We don't know when Chile will ever have a generation like this. The fact that the federation (not necessarily the players) that took this as a preparation cup won it, speaks very badly about the tournament itself and about the other teams that took it as a real tournament that they tried to win.

Chile played the final with all they got. Pizzi made 2 mistakes: first, took him too long to make the changes; second, didn't anticipated that germany does everything it needs to be done to stop quick goles de contra from Chile.
A third mistake was keep on rating Jara. Motherfucker needs to go and stay go. He stayed in the pitch because the ref was too scared of giving him the red that he deserved.

Was Orellana called? I know he's shit for the national team and all, but the motherfucker looks clutch as fuck.

to be fair. Arsenal B is always good for some reason. Even Arsenal A could loose to Arsenal B

>that feel when even Orellana would have played better as CF than Vargas

>Hummels
>past it
lmao

This. desu, Neuer is the only real loss.

This proves we should have eurocup worldcup eurocup worldcup
Without classifications as the top 8 of the eurocup would be the ones clasificating for the next world cup

only Özil is really past it, Müller is still better than Draxler. Hummels, Kroos, Neuer will be starters until they retire.

>Müller is still better than Draxler
Stopped reading right there

>This was our a team.
Goretzka would probably get in your A team now

Draxler is overrated as fuck, watch him warm the bench for PSG next season.

Seriously, this whole B-team thing is trash, replace Neuer with Ter-Stegen and this team will be at least as succesful as the other.

>only Özil is really past it
I refuse to believe that

I will never see müllel meme magic again

Can't spell Müller without Müll... really makes you think

>not knowing how this cup started

The reason was worse than that

>Is it time for FIFA to do something about the Confederations Cup?

it needs to be destroyed

We tied against Chile.

They should change the world cup to include reserve teams
So instead of fodder from Asia and Africa we'll have Germany B, Spain B, Germany C e.t.c.
>yfw the final is Germany A vs. Germany B

>doesn't know about the King Fag Cup

it actually does

Isn't Müller the most common German family name, though?

Ter Stegen is great.

Manuel Neuer is the best. He is 31 which is not that old for a goal keeper. No reason to replace him anytime soon.

Reminder that Müller always scores 5 goals at World Cups and 0 goals at European Championships.

So he will be fine next year.

Yes it is

+1
Sick of all these friendlies and qualifiers against San Marino

>friendlies against San Marino
>implying it's not your FA that arranges those games