Alright, who else saw Sully?

Alright, who else saw Sully?

How did you like it?

How the hell do you make an entire movie about a guy who lands a plane?

You start with him waking up and having a shower and shit. Then it just writes itself, culminating in a dramatic crash landing

ez

It has now become a cliche.

I got through half of it before turning it off
I'm also convinced Tom Hanks is 1000% government shill

Someone must have serious dirt on him because he's picking some godawful roles, like A Hologram for the King.

I saw it and I cried

White men have it so tough, they can't save lives without being persecuted by idiots and libcucks

I don't know if I liked it because it was good or because I just love Tom Hanks.

Fucking Skylar is playing a cunt in it too.

I thought it was a solid film. The acting was top notch and the effects were pretty much flawless. Eastwood is a phenomenal director, illustrated by the scene where the camera follow Sully boarding the plane for takeoff. I don't know if it was the choice of camera, some sort of binaural surround recording, or a combination of the two but in the theater, I could practically feel the cold and smell the plane as he was boarding. It was sort of amazing.

Wasn't this event already whored out when it happened. Cable channels were asking every idiot on that plane
What happened and put it on tv.

eh

I really want to like Clint Eastwood as a director but he's just terrible
Gran Torino was one of the worst movies I've ever seen

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this movie is bullshit. He didnt do anything special, he performed a basic water landing under no extreme circumstances. There have been pilots who fought off terrorists, flown their planes upside down, flown with half of the plane blown off and dont have a movie,.

Nobody gave a shit

better then i thought it was going to be had a feel of realism only part i thought was hollywood was the report coming in at the last second

>he performed a basic water landing under no extreme circumstances.

werent both engines blown out?

How the fuck does Sup Forums not know this guy was the inspiration for real human bean?

Some do, but you gotta keep in mind half of this board was born in 2000 and come from Sup Forums

Yes by the invading Canadian menace known as geese. Luckily Sully was both a real human bean and hero and set her down with no thrust to aid hos approach.

Then College wrote a song about him, which made Drive memorable.

>He didnt do anything special, he performed a basic water landing under no extreme circumstances.

Unpowered plane and altitude so low that there wasn't even time to complete ditching checklist... not extreme circumstances. Wew lad.

Manufactured drama about what happened afterward.

>BRACE BRACE BRACE HEAD DOWN STAY DOWN
what did they mean by this

in which Tom Hanks lands an aircraft made of ham carrying 155 hams into a river of ham

It's kind of like 9/11 but with happy end. Pure American psycho therapy.

Watched this with the gf because Tom Hanks is cucking me.

To be fair, the hijacker was fighting the pilot (singular) in that incident. Same goes for the JAL ditch in the 60's, pilots fighting someone trying to crash the plane, another pilot in that case. In the crash portrayed in the film both pilots could concentrate on their duties.

I really liked the last time they showed the landing. Just the two of them in the cockpit seeing the stress and tension as they start making decisions about what they can and can't do in the four minutes they had before landing.
Really well shot.

>White men have it so tough, they can't save lives without being persecuted by idiots and libcucks

What?

>Sup Forums doesn't like a movie where they land a plan with all survivors

Color me surprised

And here is the pleb.

Ahah nice one

What did you do with Sully?

I let him go

Is there any other movie similar to this of Flight?

I saw #Sully