Daily reminder that in 20 years GOTG will be the Star Wars of the millenials

Daily reminder that in 20 years GOTG will be the Star Wars of the millenials.
Kids growing up on GOTG will remember this fondly like the people who grew up on star wars.

There is always a favorite for every generation.

Expect these are very forgettable.

I doubt any of you remember the name of the villain from the first one

$0.20 has been deposited to your account.

I never even made it through it desu so I doubt it really enchanted anyone.

watching luke sink the torpedoes and blow up the death star set to that music...is cinematic history.

watching chris prat dance around like a faggot while le bad guy just stands there is something kiddos will look back on and cringe over.

Kal El

The movie already came out and was promptly forgotten within a few months like all Marvel movies. Star Wars was a huge phenomenon at release Guardians was just a flavor of the month.

>Kept making money for months because people kept talking about it
>Other movies started ripping off the quirky use of licensed music
>Bunch of nobodies that made more money than a movie featuring the fucking Joker, Will Smith, Batman cameo etc.
>Got a cartoon
>Sequel coming
>Videogame coming

>LOL IT WAS FORGOTTEN GUYSE

well GOTG is actually good so what's your fucking problem

But how many people remember the actual movie and not just the brand name?

Memorable enough that even a small bunch of peoples who hate it still talk about it.

Watch it with those goalposts

Even you contrarians perfectly remember all the little things that you supposedly hate so much
>inb4 "but i only remember it because it was that awful!"

You make a stupid question i give you a stupid answer

It's not a goalpost you idiot. The movie's actual memorability is what will ultimately determine whether or not people still give a shit about it in the future, any big budget movie can crank out merchandise like crazy but something can only reach the level of the cultural phenoma Star Wars had and still has by actually being memorable.

>The movie already came out and was promptly forgotten within a few months like all Marvel movies. Star Wars was a huge phenomenon at release Guardians was just a flavor of the month.

That's because Star Wars was new.

Now answer my question b*tch or crawl back in the hole from whence you came and rot. Just rot like the pathetic little worm you are, you're nothing. You're just another peon in my domain, a plaything, a doll. I command and you dance you're just a tool for my own entertainment you miserable fool.

>b*tch
>>/r/eddit

It's a quirky neat movie, no reason it shouldn't be remembered.

nope

they tried to sell loads of Rocket merch at Disney stores and nobody gave a shit.

I don't agree with OP that it can reach SW levels of cultural impact, of course. Although obviously kids growing up will remember it fondly, that's just how it works

But dancing around the fact that people don't remember it "properly" is pretty naive on your part, m8. And it's funny, because first you people say these movies are made ny committee to be as normie-friendly as possible and then after the fact you like to claim the movie is too forgettable for said normies to actually be fans of it

No they wont you fucking retard. Just because a popular movie is in space doesn't make it star wars.

Star Wars is not remembered just because it's an adventure in space, idiot.

Nah, that'll be the Avengers.

it's better than star shit

It won't even be just GotG, the MCU is exactly what Star Wars was thirty odd years ago.
>huge pop culture relevance
>expansive merchandise so the target audience can never really finish collecting shit
>made the genre (sci-fi / comic book) safer and expanded beyond its general expected audience, which in turn reinvigorated the genre

The difference being that Marvel's movies are a mixed bag and are generic as fuck, but they male up for that with useless hype like the post credits scenes and by churning them out yearly so nobody dwells too long on any of them.

Really?
I thought Harry Potter was the Star Wars of millenials

Normie friendly and memorable go against each other.

It's the tone. The universe. The monsters. The action. The comedy... feels more star warsian than A new hope awakens

It'll be remembered like space jam is for fat kids born in the 90s. It will never be on the level of star wars.

>yfw Ego the Living Planet becomes as Tatooine

>this is the first movie to ever feature licensed music

You aYOU are a cuckhold to terrible movies.

but literally no one remembers it now though

nor will kids either because of so much other shit that comes out

Turd Blossom

meant to say
>becomes as iconic as Tatooine

blue Merle?

It has alien waifus, so of course it's gonna be SW 2.0

Difference being that this time the alien waifus aren't background characters.

Nailed it. It's a fun movie, no doubt, but it's too superficial to have a lasting impact on people. The villain is too forgettable and bland, and any shot he had of being remembered as truly menacing was negated the instant he was defeated by a dance-off. There's subverting a trope, then there's actively crapping all over your own dramatic tension.

Vader is a more memorable character than the entire cast of GotG. People left the theater after ANH quoting him. The sound of his respirator alone is chill-inducing. He has an air of mystery and a gravitas that not even the prequels can negate.

Name one line Ronan or even Thanos has had so far that's become part of pop culture. Just one.

danceoffbro uandme

Justmaestro

next question, kid.

>>Bunch of nobodies that made more money than a movie featuring the fucking Joker, Will Smith, Batman cameo etc.

Made less money if you take into account the other movie wasn't released in China though

Darth Vader

checkmate muslims

>Star Wars of the millenials.
That's Mass Effect though.

I only remember i had feels when i watched the movie, thats what i got from it.

>People who grew up with Star Wars are facing midlife crisis.
>mfw

>this movie made more money than this other movie, but if we don't count this money it made it actually made less, guise!
I don't see the point of this.

'Kids' being the keyword

Isn't The Force Awakens the Star Wars of the millennials?

GOTG was pretty good.

I don't think anything will be like Star Wars was, far far too many movies get churned out each year, and kids have the internet, and video games, and youtube.

They'll forget almost anything within a year or two. It speaks less to the quality of the movies and more to the amount of stimuli.

Roman?

MY COUSIN! BIG ALIEN TITTIES!

I'll tell you the point of it. DC doesn't cater to China. That's the entire point. I'll support that over anyone who rapes their own IPs just to get the Chinabucks any day of the week. Any fucking day.

Seriously, fuck China.

China is going to ruin cinema more than remakes or cinematic universes.

Chink pandering is going to hit critical mass soon, and China will probably start buying studios.
And it wont be like when Sony bought Columbia and let them make all the shitty movies they wanted.

Star Wars is shit in the first place so you should feel ashamed for liking either of them.

This changes the amount of money actually made in no way whatsoever though, so there's no point bringing up some hypothetical alternate reality where Guardians didn't make Chinabux.

You're a delusional console war baby who asked a question. You asked what the point was, and I told you.

Instead of absorbing that truth and considering the implications of it, you just responded with more pointless console baby bullshit like the thoughtless, reactionary meat robot that you are.

>You're a delusional console war baby who asked a question.
Delusional how? I'm not the one living in an alternate reality where Guardians didn't make money in China. I'm also not the console war baby since I'm not the one arguing about these movies. You are the one doing it. I'm just questioning you. Come on. Don't be so defensive.

Row Row Row Your Boat

No, I'm just the one who's willing to look at what they were able to do without China because I'm not an insecure faggot jerking off to box office numbers because I want my "brand" to win at any cost.

>I'm not an insecure faggot jerking off to box office numbers because I want my "brand" to win at any cost.
And this is the reason you make up fantasies where your "brand" wins by ignoring the money this other "brand" made in this one country?
You're so full of shit that you have got to be baiting, you can't be this blind to your own hypocrisy.

>millenials
daily reminder that "millenial" encompasses people born from 1981 to 1997.

>I doubt any of you remember the name of the villain from the first one

Name? I can't even remember what the fuck the villian looked like.

No film will ever have the legacy of Star Wars now because the medium has become so saturated. 30/40 years ago there were fewer blockbuster movies and basically two ways to watch films: theatre or VHS.

Nothing has a lasting impact now.

ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' the dance guy

I didn't have a "brand" before Marvel sold out. I was perfectly happy to see films from both companies getting made and hoped they'd both do well.

Marvel isn't Marvel anymore, and it hasn't been for a good while now.

OP you're worse than the faggots who get paid to say Uwe Boll films were good on message boards.

Too bad they still couldn't make a good movie.

star wars is the star wars of millennial you fucking retard

do you even know what a millennial is?

papa smurf

well they certainly won't remember the new star wars movies, they suck worse than capeshit

>Posted during early morning hours

I knew it. The fucking Australian shitposters win again!

Rorschach the Accuser

He accuses you of doing things and then kills you

Like an SJW

So I'm a Millenial then. While I agree Boomers are the ultra condescending cock whores of history, we Millenials are the dumbed down niggers.

You could literally paint a lump of shit in sparkly colors, advertise it correctly, make a Putinbot-like fanbase that defends it, and we'll buy it. We're the saddest bunch of dickheads.

You would be right.

It came out only 2 years ago, and I already don't fucking remember it.

When measuring how a movie performed and compare it to another movie, you need to look for comparable terms. If one movie makes almost the same as other but wasn't released in the second biggest market on earth, you can see clear as day than that movie performed better even if it made less money.

That not counting the effect of critics and that we are comparing thw third movie of a franchise with littlw brand value so far with like the 9th with the omnipotent Mouse behind it. Simple stuff here

GOTG is fun, but forgetable.

the prequels and TFA are total shit.

disney is the hero we deserve

Ronan, a space jihadist. I was honestly surprised they were able to get away with an Islam parallel, since this is Hollywood. They also teased Thanos, just like in The Avengers, since he's supposed to be the final boss of the Marvel universe. They're going to keep making these movies forever, though, so they'll need a new final boss.

>Sup Forums has to pretend they don't like gotg
It is superkino. Don't tell me you want more shit like civil war or age of Ultron.

I haven't seen it since it came out and I remember every beat.

It wasn't great, but its not forgettable compared to all other capeshit

HEY THANOS! LET'S GO BOWLING!

it is a little bit better than those movies

still pretty fucking bad though, don't kid yourself