When did anime start to decline?

When did anime start to decline?

Back then it was a free zone for any thoughts, any opportunities, any artistic ways creators could use. They didn't need to hire Hollywood actors, they didn't need to hire Hollywood directors. They didn't need to waste millions and trillions on special effects. They could just draw it in anime, animate it, make up any worlds and any characters.

But now Japanese animation is more cliche and generic than Hollywood.

Breaking bad
Westworld
Hannibal
Stranger things

Even TV series are far ahead of Japanese TV anime series now. How is that possible?
I was impressed how gloomy and dark can Hannibal be. I was impressed how brave and serious Westworld can be with their graphic content and sci-fi.
I was impressed how far can characters of BB go and develop.

What the fuck happened with Japanese animation?

waifus happened

There's nothing wrong with waifus in good titles.

Anime went downhill when they changed the character designs from kind of bulky bodies and round faces to skinny edgy faggots.

designs like in yu yu hakusho represented the peak of anime

You sound like a total fucking retard. Don't post again, faggot.

Thanks, i needed a laugh.

80s and 90s fags are always gonna say its just the 2000s being fucking garbage, but if you look ath the anime that was comming out after 2005 it was actually starting to pick itself up again.

Code Gayass,Deathnote,TTGL,Darker than black,Bacanno etc

All of them are certainly not very deep anime, but they were very accessible and are are all remembered as classics.

What really fucking anime over was the economy crash in 2008. suddenly it got way riskier to take risks and they all had to fall back on animating more established properties while at the same time having to sell more merchandise, which meant more cute grills.

I don't know how well the industry has recovered money-wise, but even if they did they are probably gonna stick to this pattern now because it works.

what I mean to say with this post is, the kikes fucked anime.

Anime is like any other medium. 99% of his content is shit.
You have to look at the few masterpieces and ignore the bad and commercial focused one.
That's how it has always been and how it will always be

>Anime is like any other medium. 99% of his content is shit.
Not true because anime has way more cliches than anything else.

Finding something "good" is nearly impossible.

You need to look harder.
"Anythings else" has as much clichés as anime.
But it's pointless to talk about this with Sup Forums since we have it bad with anime here.

when is your pic getting a fucking BD release.

I remember watching the 480p version years ago, and in the last few episodes where they abuse film grain as some sort of gimmick for a few scenes it gets nearly unwatchable

Really want an anime of this.

I only saw a few episodes years ago but the animation is pretty shitty on purpose.

>Breaking bad
Solid first couple of series, completely shit the bed in the last one.
>Westworld
Awful premise designed for retards who want lots of dumb surprises in their shows.
>Hannibal
Visually entertaining, but ultimately pretentious, going so far overboard it became a joke.
>Stranger things
"Remember the 80s/90s!": the TV show, trash for people who consider themselves nerds because they watched GoT and TWD.

Even in the era of LN adaptation cancer, anime is still miles ahead. Plus, we're talking ~80 shows a year, of which maybe a half-dozen are good, compared with thousands of shows a year in America, where only 1 or 2 are good.

If you think I haven't seen Technolyze then you might be delusional.

I didn't like it at all though, it's just dull and boring.

When they started making moeshit, but it always was an inferior medium, now go back to Sup Forums

Yea I've been enthusiastic newfag like you who loves anime 20 years ago too.

>anime is still miles ahead
Stay delusional my weeb friend

It's certainly not for everyone and I won't hate you for not liking it, but it's definitely ballsy and unique. To create a 22 episode series where the first episode contains maybe 3 lines of dialogue and there are 0 jokes in all 22 episodes is...not something I've ever seen in an anime or tv series.

>It's certainly not for everyone
Oh please don't give me that shit.

I loved Casshern Sins because it's actually good at being heavily depressing yet meditative and philosophical.
Technolyze was just disappointing and boring, I blame bad directing for that.

Not everything that is somewhat "autistic" is automatically good and not for everyone.
Refn is a great example of it with his garbo movies.

>dull and boring
probably too deep for you user.
I don't care about anons' opinions on Sup Forums so anons' opinions on Sup Forums about anime, thing that they like to criticize, are even less relevant to me

>Breaking bad
>Westworld
>Hannibal
>Stranger things
are these supposed to be examples of good tv shows?
kek, sup reddit

anime is the lowest """""art"""""form because it targets a socially stunted demographic that has never experienced the human condition and is attracted to superficial shit like how cute or flat chested a bug eyed underage cartoon girl is

ok m8.
now you can go and wait for the remake of power ranger and lion king

Casshern Sins and Texhnolyze are very different though, they're just both dark sci fi. "Dull" and "boring" are subjective opinions. If you want to say something objectively right you could say the first half of Casshern Sins is much better than the second half.

Anime is the only entertainment medium left where it's considered okay for men to ogle fictional representations of women.

There's basically zero sex appeal in the west anymore, because that would be sexist. Instead, all female characters are either Mary Sues who can do anything, or male characters with a gender swap. Femininity is somehow considered bad and wrong, and unwanted sexual attraction is akin to rape.

>lion king
>power ranger
>picking two things that are spinoffs/ripoffs of anime

kek, not only are you a worthless weeb, you're a clueless one

>anime is the lowest """""art"""""form because it targets a socially stunted demographic that has never experienced the human condition and is attracted to superficial shit like how cute or flat chested a bug eyed underage cartoon girl is

My 6 grade niece loves anime and watched almost all Kyoani stuff, SAO and some other shit.

I'm planning to show her Stranger Things on this Christmas holidays.

>Casshern Sins and Texhnolyze are very different though, they're just both dark sci fi. "Dull" and "boring" are subjective opinions. If you want to say something objectively right you could say the first half of Casshern Sins is much better than the second half.

You mean the opposite.
Some people I know had to "get into" it after bearing it for the first few episodes and then they couldn't stop watching it.

why is she so perfect, bros?

Moe happened
>who needs a good plot or good characters when you can just have le cute girls doing le cute things XD

That's old already, now relife cliche is trending now.
Old losers are regretting wasting their youth on anime shit and want to see a chance to make a fresh start / restart their life.

Gintama makes fun of NEETs

>evangelion

kek

Glorious Asuka tits.

Money.

Studios need to churn out battle harem LN adaptations to stay afloat. You can't only make 1 show a year and have it be your most ambitious art project, because if it bombs two or more times in a row, you're going under.

It's simply a market shift and method of delivery/income. Like any medium there's always a whole heap of shit and a few gems every now and then. When your main profits come from BD/merch sales rather than being funded by a channel which will make money off ads, you've got tenuous creative freedom.

I wouldn't say that WW is new nor is Hannibal, it's they style of execution, the sheer budget differences between the mediums. Find an insane individual who will fund movie tier animation (all at a loss) for a weekly series and give it the time it needs to do so.

I pretty much stopped watching anime when I sat through some of Mahouka. It wasn't so much that shitshow alone, but it was finally broke the camel's back. Just didn't like the overall feel of where things were going. I don't rule out watching anime again, but it's been 2 years and I essentially replaced it with other hobbies, so I never find the time for it anymore.

There was not a single good show in last 2 years except OPM for comic relief.

I think Chihayafuru was the last show I genuinely enjoyed. I don't watch any anime these days, I download some episodes of shows, I look at the anichart site and read about the seasons, but I can't find shit.

That said I have like 40 years of backlog of awesome shit to watch so I'm still happy. Just because anime is trash now doesn't mean you can't go back and find awesome things to watch.

>When your main profits come from BD/merch sales rather than being funded by a channel which will make money off ads, you've got tenuous creative freedom.

Isn't that what channel-specific streaming services serve to fight? How long before anime studios adopt that business model?