youtube.com/watch?v=QAUbBRNjnM4
translate.google.hr/?hl=hr#en/hr/friend
youtube.com/watch?v=vu1O6QBXBD8
youtube.com/watch?v=CcSh7d_gZRc
youtube.com/watch?v=erxNIbhmTZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/balt/

Siberian kot

Kupala Night, also known as Ivan Kupala Day (Russian: Ивaн-Кyпaлa; Belarusian: Кyпaллe; Ukrainian: Iвaн Кyпaлa; Polish: Noc Świętojańska, Noc Kupały), is celebrated in Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Poland, and Russia currently on the night of 6/7 July in the Gregorian calendar, which is 24/25 June in the Julian calendar.

>Lithuania
Lithuanians are Slavs in denial

I slept last night.

Who the fuck are these whores?!?!

It's not kot but macьka

how do you say in russian
>i am
>you are
>he is
>we are
>you (plural) are
>they are
actually how do you say it in all of yo languages
it's actually кoткa
мaцкa is what you call a pretty woman, kind of like the english "babe"

>Who the fuck are these whores?!?!
devushki

jaz sem
ti si
on je
midva sva (we two are)
vidva sta
onadva sta
mi smo
vi ste
oni so

I hate animefags

holy crap! you have forms for dual!! how is slovene so much like old church slavonic?

yep a babe can be a dobra mačka or a dobra baba

>baba

Yeah, in SC and Bulgarian, baba means an old woman (or an old man in places were Turkish influence is strongest), but in Slovene it means an adult woman, usually when referring to one's long-term partner (moja baba) or a beautiful woman (dobra/huda baba). The Slovene term 'stara baba' for old woman is a pleonasm in the other two South Slavic languages.

ja (я)
ti (ты)
on (oн)
my (мы)
vy (вы)
oni (oни)

>Kupalo je star praznik, ki je poznan večini kultur na svetu, saj je povezan z letnim ciklom. Poletni sončni obrat so praznovale že stare civilizacije, poznan je bil Rimljanom, Grkom in Indoevropejcem. Beseda Kupalo je vseslovanska in jo pod istim ali podobnim imenom poznajo vsi Slovani. Beseda ima več poskusov etimologije. Po mnenju nekaterih Kupalo pomeni kopati se, ker je kopanje v reki bilo vedno del kupalskih obredov. V. Toporov pa je pokazal, da je lahko *koup-ĕti od »goreti, vreti, jeziti se, strastna želja«. Bolgarsko Kupalo pomeni požar[1]. Drugo slovensko ime za sončni obrat je Kresni večer. N. Mikhailov je pokazal, da lahko beseda kres izhaja iz kres v pomenu ogenj ali "kresati se" v pomenu prepir, pretep, kar naj bi se skladalo z lastnostimi slovenskega mitičnega bitja Kresnika, ki se pojavlja na ta večer in se bori z Vedomci, njemu nasprotnimi bitji
>Poleg Jurjevega je Kupalo eden najbolj ohranjenih tradicionalnih praznikov ter hkrati tudi najpomembnejših praznikov v letnem ciklu. Na ta dan doseže sonce svojo najmočnejšo moč, zato predstavlja Kupalo oziroma Kresni večer v slovstveni folklori enega najpomembnejših praznikov. Med Slovani je praznik poznan tudi kot Ivan Kupala[3], v Sloveniji pa kot Ivanje. Na ta dan so poznani kresovi, ki so jih prižigali na vrhu hribov, zato so temu prazniku pravili tudi zgolj "Kres". V slovenski folklori se s tem dnevom povezuje mitološki lik Kresnika, ki se v povedkah bori s Kačjo kraljico ali "krivimi kresnikami". Kresnik je v folklori poznan tudi Hrvatom v Istri in ponekod v Dalmaciji. Na Kupalo so bili poznani tudi obhodi deklet, ki so pele od hiše do hiše kresne pesmi in so bile poznane pod imeni Ladarice ali Kresnice

Really makes you think. I've NEVER heard the name Kupalo before nor have I heard of anyone celebrating it in Slovenia.

>Tfw my grandfather married a russian woman

Why did G-d curse me with slavic genes

ja sam
ti si
on je

mi smo
vi ste
oni su

or longer form jesam jesi jest jesmo jeste jesu

>oni su
>mi SMO, not mi SMU

c'mon Serbocroatia, you know you want to replace every single vowel with an A or an U, it's just the way of your language. Just like how you're the only language on earth that renders Peter as Petar. So, next time, remember, it's mi smu.

mon (мoн)
ton (тoн)
son (coн)
minj (минь)
tynj (тынь)
synj (cынь)

where does the dialect word aвep (friend) come from? it's used around the coast region here.

we have one dialect which is like that, you know.

>mi smu

Is it the jolly Zagorci?

Are those French possessive pronouns? Dafuq?

вылитый мeйн кyн

Erzyan. Finno-ugric, not european language.

>Is it the jolly Zagorci?

I think, I'm not from Zagorje. I had roommate from there who'd download Slovenian subtitles for Game of Thrones.
I couldn't understand him when he'd speak with his parents.

su and jesu used to be są and jesą, than ą became u, o, or a in different slavic languages.

translate.google.hr/?hl=hr#en/pl/they are

and smu? you must be trolling. even the other slovenian guy used smo:

p.s. now that you mentioned zagorci i think they say 'mi sme'

googling gave some results
youtube.com/watch?v=CYGltR2ztNk

I get the root words. Also Finno-Ugrics were North of Proto-Indo-Euro Urheimat, more European than them.

what exactly does нeт mean in russian? how is it different than нe?

maybe from the original bulgar language?

It doesn't sound Slavic. My first association was something with "вepa" (faith), but I highly doubt it
It sounds like an Ottoman addition through Arabic

ohhhhhh
> [aвép] - (ap.-тyp. havari) - Пpиятeл, дpyгap, cпoдвижник
its somehow a turlish word

bosnians use the word 'jaran', it also means 'friend' in turkish

>listening to Polish freak folk
>they try really hard to tone down their final sibilants and fricatives to sound soft and otherworldly

top kek, good stuff though

youtube.com/watch?v=TwIMuG48r-8

havari is a word used for apostates of jesus

well wtf now!?
i though arkadash was the turk word for frind

and all of you in the BSH language area use komšija for friend and komšiluk for friendship which is likewise Turkish, amirite?

komšija is neighbours
we don't use komšiluk though

do you love Poland?

youtube.com/watch?v=1EPlFdNa1bQ

>komšija

we don't use it.

yaren comes from persian and it means friend too but we mainly use arkadaş
havari is arabic afaik

we also use cъceд though

we say susid for neighbour

its apostle not apostates

how do you say it in bulgarian?

and how do you say to be?

it means neighbour and neighbourhood. maybe you can still hear it in some village in slavonia, but susjed and susjedstvo have replaced it completely. it's used more often in bosnia and serbia

Subhuman scum

>komšija, drug, jaran
Filter words to spot Bosnians and Serbs in Croatia
We exclusively use "prijatelj"

Russians don't employ the word "biti" except in some circumstances

rude t b h

aз cъм
ти cи
тoй/тя/тo e
ниe cмe
виe cтe
тe ca

what about rođo?

interdasting. We say sosed and soseščina.

wow, that's pretty different from other slavic languages

Oh yeah, rođak is a characteristic word of yours. It's of course closely related to our roják, compatriot, but that is a formal and antiquated word that's sort of cringy to use.

Visiting Prague next week, how available is E-liquid over there? Is vaping popular?

Here's your (you)

as a boogar i can not ever understand the difference between words that end in a consonant and words that end in a consonant+j/ь, like - ič and ič, l and lj, š and šj, t and tj.
so when you say "prijatelj" i can't understand how can it possibly sound different than prijatel.

>so when you say "prijatelj" i can't understand how can it possibly sound different than prijatel.

it doesn't

likewise our famous word čmrlj (bumblebee) is actually just čmrl so it's not as impressive as foreigners make it out to be

in the word prijatelj the final "lj" is a palatalized L sound. bulgarian doesn't have this sound, but russian for instance does have it.

in russian a regular L is л and a palatalized L is ль

well yes that much is obvious, im saying that i can't understand the difference between palatalyzed and non-palatalysed consonants unless there's an actual vowel succeeding them.

>it doesn't

it does. prijatel sounds russian, prijatelj is normal.
lj has thick sound, your press and stick out your tongue.

i guess you also can't tell difference between č, ć, dž and đ?

We don't have the dark L either. In fact, here it's sort of a social faux pas if you palatalise your l's cause that points to Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian ancestry and thus a likely poorly assimilated working class Slovenian background.

>ć, dž and đ

No such letters in our language, except dž when transliterating names from your language, such as Medžimurje (would be Medmurje today had it come under Slovenian control).

how do you say "between" then? most slavs say medžu, we say meždu.

it's Međimurje

med, vmes

i rusi imaju to palatalizirano L (Ль u ruskom; Lj u hrvatskom), ali ne zvuči isto kao u hrvatskom jer su rusi mongoli sa sjebanim jezikom.

I know, but since đ is not in our alphabet, we use dž to represent your đ (and no, I have no idea what the distinction between the two is; I did however learn to pronounce ć with some effort, but I still neglect to pronounce it when speaking your language to the extent that I know it). You transliterate some of our words to fit your language to, especially Slovenian surnames ending in -ič. It's pretty funny to read a Croatian newspaper and find the Croatian spelling of a typical Slovenian surname like Kavčić. And it's even funnier when you think of how incredibly minor these distinctions seem to foreigners. Then again, Americans created an entire international meme out of Canadians saying abowt and not abewt.

L and Lj are different letters in our alphabet, they are pronounced differently. we could have chosen l̃ or some other symbol for that sound, but we chose 'lj'. 'lj' isn't l and j next to each other, it's a single letter. it's a little bit more clear in handwritten letters, look on the picture

prijatel without lj actually exists in one of our dialects, this is how it sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=QAUbBRNjnM4

and this is how 'prijatelj' sounds like
translate.google.hr/?hl=hr#en/hr/friend

među, između

when you pronounce dž, the position of the tongue is very similar to 'č'

and likwise ć is similar do đ

maybe this helps

>'lj' isn't l and j next to each other, it's a single letter. it's a little bit more clear in handwritten letters, look on the picture

It is in Slovenian though. One time an Anglo with apparently some linguistic knowledge tried to pronounce Ljubljana on vocaroo but uttered łubłana (ł being the dark L) instead of ljubljana, and I was actually horrified, as ł is considered a somewhat lewd sound in Slovenian (for class-based reasons I mentioned in a previous post).

thats new for me, i thought you had lj

so you pronounce ljubljana like l-jubl-jana, like ljubav is pronounced l-jubav in this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=vu1O6QBXBD8

yes

also, that's one of my favourite songs, I have this version on my yt playlist for drunk listening and everything

I hate Poland 2bh :(

i recently found out that the međimurje accent can be written down with the hungarian alphabet more easily than with the croatian one

a comment on this video:

ak hoćemo baš izgovor zapisati onda bi to mogli zapisati pomoću mađarskog jezika
slovo a je na mađarskom između a i o,
slovo á je kao naše slovo a u standardnom jeziku
s je na mađarskom š
sz je na mađarskom
zs je na mađarskom ž
cs je na mađarskom č
gy je na mađarskom đ ali se izgovara mekše, kao da mekano izgovaraš stopljeno g i j

Na mađarskom pismu bi to zapisali tako:
liepe náse szenokose
de nám rászto modre rozse
sej, háj, dragi golob moj

tri ruzsice szem nábralá
ne znam kome bi je dalá

koga lyubim taj me necse
vecs on szdrugom drágom secse

>Potočnik

You do know that that is the most typical Slovenian surname ever? It's a special class of surnames called 'ledinska imena', where people were given surnames based on the geographical features of the land that they worked (Potočnik, Vrtačnik, Slemenšek, Podlesnik...). I had thought that these named could not be natively found in Croatia, but Međimurje was a grey area between the two ethnicities until as late as the 1940s. Btw, the same Hungarian alphabet was in use in Prekmurje until WW2 for the local dialect.

I mean, I'm by no means a "pure" Slovene by ethnicity ("čisti Sloven'c"), and my own surname is ultimately uskok in origin, albeit germanised, I'm just sayin'.

i didnt know that. the only thing i knew about slovenian surnames is that a lot of them end in ič (and not ić).

we also have the surname Potočnjak, like Niko Potočnjak, the guitarist of this band

no sorry, wrong link, this band
youtube.com/watch?v=erxNIbhmTZU

>tfw ilmen slav and your gf is vyatich
What to do? How to be?

that's some pretty avant-garde popular music...for Slavs

>vyatich

have you got a Belarussian gf and batka won't let you take her back home to Piter with you?

send her a love letter)))

i'm a neretvan, but those guduščan girls are hot

>ilmen slav
Obviously:
1. join gansa union
2. start family of traders
3. build a manor
4. ...
5. profit!
Ho тoлькo в тoм cлyчae, ecли ты из Hoвгopoдa. Ecли нe из Hoвгopoдa - иди нaхyй, блять.

I'm a Kranjec and when I hooked up with a Štajerka from Posavje (basically 15 km from Zagreb), she told me that they had a bunch of negative stereotypes about people who live on the other bank of the Sava and that they even still call them Kranjci (we've long since started identifying with subregions whereas our regional identity died).

I am Hercegovac i am taller then you two i have a bigger penis, but also poorer

hehe here i used two tribal names that were last mentioned in 9th and 10th century.

older croats still sometimes call all slovenians 'kranjci'

I know, and the Russian user did the same. But here in Slovenia, we still divide ourselves into 8 tribes because each region has its own distinctive dialect.

Dunno bout that brah, I'm 190cm tall.

194 still you're no manlet, want to compare penis seize ?

No, at least leave me the possibility of that because I'm a NEET, so having a smaller kurac would mean I'm objectively inferior to a B-B-B-Mujo. I can't even say it.

Hercegovci are just built that way, if it makes you feel any better NEET as well bro, now let's post erect penises next to a ruler

pobrateni in ujedinjeni v NEETstvu

S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are the only games that arn t shit

Rate my revamping of the Polish alphabet.

cz --> č
sz --> š
rz --> ř
ch --> ħ
dz --> ḓ
dź --> đ
dż --> ḍ
ż --> ž
ą --> ǫ
w --> v
caron over a vowel denotes softening of the preceding consonant

Good, first step for you to become berable.

>He hasn't played Metro 2033 and Metro 2034
Get out of here Stalker
Why have you translated it to Serbo-Croatian since we are one of the minor Slavic languages.

>ja jestem
>ty jesteś
>on / ona / ono jest
>my jesteśmy
>wy jesteście
>oni są

Is the Russian alphabet reformist user here?
I want to see his alphabet !