You have to pick one episode to convince someone that Always Sunny is the greatest comedy ever made...

You have to pick one episode to convince someone that Always Sunny is the greatest comedy ever made. Which episode do you choose?

The gang buys a boat for me

The Jersey Shore episode so they can see the two hobos fucking each other.

Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs

Charlie Work.

The D.E.N.N.I.S system

Buys a boat was mediocre at best though, so that's a bad choice.

Gang recycles their trash is a great one but I think
has it right that Charlie Work would convince a new viewer what the show is.

Charlie Work is probably the best episode but I think you have to have seen other episodes to really appreciate it.

probably
my other choice would probably be the gang buys a boat
too meta, would not be as funny to someone who hasn't seen the rest of the show

>too meta, would not be as funny to someone who hasn't seen the rest of the show

Not really. I mean you only have one episode so you wont get the whole picture regardless.
But in Charlie work from a new view perspective you see a guy worrying about a health inspection, shows up and his friends are doing some wacky cuh-razy scheme and he needs to fix it. It's not hard to follow. Some of the things like the glory hole wont have any relevance to a new viewer, but its a pretty straight forward ep.

terrible choice. by no means a bad episode but not among their best, not by a long shot

The Great Recession
The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby
The World Series Defense
Sweet Dee Gets Audited

I can't choose between them, all of them imo best exemplify the tone and humor of the show.

the correct answer is either Sweet Dee Is Dating a Retarded Person. Everyone itt is a newfag who probably only got into the show after season 5

The gang hits the road
The Cereal Defense

I think it's a good starter because it has classic Philly humor but it's from the last season, it's also not set in or around the bar so there's less reference humor than other episodes.

Always Sunny is so self-referential that almost none of the episodes from later seasons can be fully appreciated for a new comer.

For the Jersey Shore episode, a newcomer won't fully appreciate the Charlie and the Waitress scenes.

Charlie Work's meta humour is of Charlie being the most capable and "normal" of the gang, when most of the time he is the butt of the jokes. Whilst its true that you can appreciate this inversion more if you've seen more of the show, the episode makes it clear throughout that the rest of the gang sees Charlie as incapable and overreacting.

tl;dr you don't need to have seen any of the show to understand what is happening, even if it would give you a bigger appreciation

Mrs. Gallagher, would you say Kevin is your "Special Guy?"

It's literally a gimmick episode. That's like suggesting The Fly to get someone into Breaking Bad. You want an episode that is going to resemble the majority of the other episodes, but represents the best of what they have to offer. Are most episodes in Sunny shot in a single take with steadicam? Is Charlie the reasonable, put-together character in most episodes while the rest of the gang are bumbling morons? You show somebody quasi avant-garde gimmicky shit like Charlie Work and you're just going to confuse people as to what the fuck type of show IASIP actually is.

If you want less reference humor just show someone an episode from an earlier season, when there wasn't anything to reference (i.e. when the show was actually good).

Christ the amount of plebs suggesting post-season 8 episodes is pathetic.

The first five that come to mind for me, and in chronological order, are

>The Gang Hits The Road
>The Gang Gives Frank An Intervention
>The Gang Buys A Boat
>Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties
>Charlie's Mom Has Cancer

See if you can make the person watch those five and if that doesn't sell them on the show then I don't know what will.

Absolutely disregard people who say "Charlie Work". That episode is purely for people who are already engrossed and immersed in the show.
To an outside perspective it doesn't make any sense at all and it just seems entirely wacky, structureless, and has an uncharacteristic lack of jokes, all of which give an incredibly false first impression of what the show is like or what to expect from other episodes.
Charlie Work is one of the last episodes people should see, not one of the first.
I'm surprised that more people don't understand that.

I don't remember all of them since its been a while.

But the D.E.N.N.I.S system is pretty fucking hilarious, and showcases everyone's scuzziness well.

That, the one where Dee tries to be a Surrogate mother, and the one where they go to the High School reunion.

Every episode where Dennis acts like a serial killer is always entertaining.

Oh and also
>Sweet Dee's Dating A Retarded Person
which would go first.
It's uniquely useful for introducing someone to the show because it's one of the best early establishing episodes of the show, so it really shows what to expect from later episodes without having very much in the way of confusing, previously established themes.

I perfect one off episode is mac and Dennis break up. U don't need to know shit and the humour is pretty standard but still original. And the cat in the wall joke always lands

I pick no episode because Seinfeld is the greatest comedy ever made.

The Gang Desperately Tries To Win an Award

just started showing my roommates sunny, got up to s3. so far the best reception overall has been to dumpster baby, mom is dead, dennis and dee go on welfare, and invincible. anything post s3 is a crapshoot, but i think a safe bet is anything with cricket after he's become a street rat, and any mac episodes. mac day would be a solid choice, introduces them to the level of narcissism and denial the gang regularly gets involved in. the gang gets analyzed is basically the episode made for new viewers and is one of my personal favs, so that's a safe bet too

you don't want an episode that leans so heavily on existing relationships and jokes between the characters since a new viewer is not familiar with the characters yet. you need episodes heavy on situational comedy that gives the person just a taste of the characters and what they're about while relying mostly on jokes and funny episode plotlines

have any of you ever introduced a show to a friend before because some of these suggestions are just awful, it's like you have no idea what draws people into a series

Sweet Dee Gets Audited
The Gang Buys a Boat
Frank Reynolds Little Beauties

I don't think it's the greatest comedy ever made, but Mac and Charlie Die is my favourite.

wrestles for the troops is also one i think new watchers would enjoy, introduces 2 of the better characters, has some of the best charlie/mac/dennis interactions, and showcases how shitty of a person dee/artemis is

The Nightman Cometh

This

That fucking slideshow bit is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

The scene of Mac pulling out Charlie's teeth, pushing Dee's face in to steal her keys, then Charlie smashing the apartment window is the only scene from Sunny to ever make me piss myself laughing.

The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis

>And some of the things you've been doing with that doll....that's to teach me a lesson?
>.....yeah
>.....did I see you bang that thing?
Holy fuck those are great episodes. Mac wearing the wedding dress walking forward shooting at the gas tank while Charlie holds the popper up to his nose.

The bit where Mac crashes the car and Charlie runs towards him screaming his name never fails to make me piss myself

These two are good suggestions.

I'd offer Mac is a Serial Killer

The Gang Recycles Their Trash relies on you seeing The Great Recession, it is literally a lampoon/deconstruction of that episode and it's jokes.

The Aluminum Monster vs Fatty Magoo

Sorry, I meant 'The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis', not The Great Recession.

The Nightman Cometh

I know because it actually works, I just coincidentally watched it with my mum one day, and it convinced her to watch the rest of the show and now it's one of her favourites.

Plus the sweatshop and the steam whistle and Charlie acting like a dog for beef jerky and them playing the Nazi music in the sweatshop and Charlie turning himself on when he's talking about Dennis' drawing and Dee's retarded boat drawings and so on and so forth.

deniis and dee buy crack
got them being degenerates
got some nice schemes
got it all