Dark humour of Sunny with the 'what do I want/why am I unhappy?' themes of Mad Men

>Dark humour of Sunny with the 'what do I want/why am I unhappy?' themes of Mad Men

This show is made for Sup Forums. What do you think of it?

What? The show is ultimately about relationships, it definitely wasn't made for Sup Forums.

>Cuck storyline
>"Insider" humor
>References to gamergate and chicken tendies

We are the most niche audience.

Also,

>Implying lonely people aren't the ones most likely to watch relationship shows

latest season has been trash

>the cuck scene

here we go again.mp3

It's less the concept and more the execution - rather being a romantic show, most of the characters are bitterly unhappy people lying to themselves (and others) about what they want and repeatedly making mistakes. Thematically, that is much more Mad Men than Friends. Plus you have mental illness as a huge issue throughout, words like 'libtards' and 'privilege' being thrown around and mocked, jokes about identity politics and the main character being a footfag, to say nothing of the whole cuck storyline

Not enough Sam.

I don't think it was shit but it was definitely less consistent than the first two. Jimmy and Gretchen seemed out of character for a few moments this season and frankly the last Sunday Funday episode reminded me of Community.

At least the writers had the self-awareness to end Sunday Funday. Plus there was still a lot of good stuff - the last five episodes or so are brilliant, as was the Edgar episode, the party they throw to avoid telling Jimmy his dad died, and memes aside, the cuck storyline.

redeemed itself by the end but it was staggering

characters are surprisingly well rounded despite being cartoonish

pick one

Gretchen > Lindsay

The actress who plays Lindsay is my thickfu but her character is pretty much the worst person ever. Gretchen may get sad sometimes but for the most part she would be pretty fun to be around.

Gretchen > Lindsey

Fuckin Lindsey is obnoxious cunt I hate that creature.

the last Sunday Funday episode reminded me of Community.

This. That's the only episode of the show I've ever disliked. It felt so out of character for the show. I hated how Jimmy started singing at the end, that felt totally out of character for him. The way they found the bar didn't even make sense, how did the fake jail work? It felt more like an episode of a CBS sitcom than a YtW episode. Season 3 is still pretty good, but not as great as the first 2 seasons were imo.

Love it.

Also Vernon is the best character

She fucked a black guy and I didn't want to watch any more.

Left is qt. Right got fat on top of being obnoxious and retarded

>It's an Edgar episode

I think the show has been mediocre at best following a good first season but that episode was GOAT

I binged watched the first two seasons, what were the main things in the second season? I remember Gretchen's depression, Jimmy's family visiting and I wanna say there was a really good Edgar episode?

Edgar episode is season 3. It's kinda like the one where Gretchen stalks her neighbors but it's about Edgar and his PTSD. It's really great

Season 2 was Gretchen being a total unlikeable cunt and ruining any investment the audience may have had in the main relationship

>b-but she has depression

I have depression and anxiety for which I have been hospitalised before, she was a cunt.

it looks fucking awful

First 2 seasons are pretty great actually. The ads/promos for it don't really do it justice. I remember when FX started advertising for it, I thought it looked pretty bad desu.

Obnoxious People Whine: The TV Show

Wasn't there another Edgar centered episode in S2?

Yeah, the depression was handled terribly but I did like that they followed it up with therapy sessions in S3 and some of the therapy sessions were funny.
Don't really remember much else from S2 though.

I agree. It's tailor made to redditors like you that now make up 80% of this board's userbase.

I thought the depression arc was handled pretty well desu.

>Everything I don't like is Reddit

It's too offensive for ribbit

The resolution was far too fast and easy, I... didn't feel a thing, it was too corny. And the fact that she had meds prescribed that she wasn't taking just made me shrug.

>It's too offensive for ribbit
But you like it and have a reddit account, so I guess not, huh? ;)

>The resolution was far too fast and easy

I think they were kinda in a jam though. If they drew out the depression arc it would be more realistic, but it would also change the show's format. Because Gretchen is a main character they had to resolve it more quickly to get the show back on track. The ending of the last two episodes of season 2 hit me right in the feels desu. It was the ending of season 3 that didn't really impact me much.

not the fat one

I've seen a few episodes, but there's just something about it that just doesn't gel with me. Seems like it's trying to cater to normies who think they're edgy or something.

>they had to resolve it more quickly to get the show back on track.
This is dumb and you shouldn't let the structure of the medium shape your work, you can actually change it's structure if you want. Oh and I hated the season finale for two, I remember the fatties singing and generally felt like shit got corny.

I really like it. Season 3 was a bit iffy at first but it picked it self back up half way through.

I know the writers of this show are here/made this thread and I have a message for you:

You need to stop.

Stop making her say lewd things.

Stop making her do lewd things.

Stop making her humiliate herself for the character.

You know what you're doing and you know that it's wrong.

Stop.

>implying the people here aren't the same people that's been here since before Reddit existed

this season was as good as previous ones, but good enough, specially what everybody mentions here, Edgar episode. Cuck stuff was shit. Characters seemed to act weirdly sometimes.

Cuckolding existed long before morons like you made it into a terrible overused meme. You have to be delusional as fuck if you think every time cuckolding is mentioned or part of some story it's some nod or inside joke aimed at internet bog people.

Cynical, edgy crap for intellectual midgets.

best girl

I wouldn't imply it I would say it outright. 20% is generous.

>Stop making someone do things I don't like, even though that's what she signed up for as an actress

lmao, get a load of this white knight faggot

Show her bare ass in Season 4

>Go to thrift shop
>Looking for books and clothes
>find this

Am I /lit/ now?

not yet

try

>trying to fit in with /lit/

You aren't /lit/ until you've read the meme trilogy

I think you're a shill

I've never seen the word cuck being used outside Sup Forums before

>Also Vernon is the best character
this

>not on Netflix
>not on Prime
>not even on FX's own garbage app

How the fuck do they expect people to watch their show?

I think it's on Hulu, so if you're one of the 3 people with a Hulu subscription you can watch it there.

When they ran off the cuck and he pulls a handful of change out of his pocket and throws it at him yelling "GET OUTTA HERE!"

it's on google at "watchseries you're the worst online free"

>MUH TINDER CULTURE

>MUH KEKS

This show definitely won't survive the next 4 years