Weaving-kino

>land some of the most iconic roles of the last 20 years
>pull them off somehow
>no one speaks about you

fucking how? he should be even more famous than most non-capeshit actors

what went wrong?

Technically he is a capeshit actor, wasn't he Red Skull?

He lives in Australia, so isn't in with the Hollywood crowd

He deserves a Best Supporting Actor nom for Hacksaw Ridge, desu

how come hes barely know then?

Plays literally the same character in every movie.
>le wise speaking elder or man with authority

Nothing. He's not really interested in Hollywood anymore. He mainly wants to do theatre and Aussie Indies.

>source: 2 mins on hugo wiki

>V
>Elrond
>Agent Smith

I agree they share similarities but come the fuck on.

Indeed

Exactly the same character

men are weak...

He gave the only good acting in Cloud Atlas and YES, that includes Tom Hanks

I can't believe he was the nurse too, props to the makeup department

Dude quit after the first movie because the makeup was all fucked up. No point for Marvel to promote what is effectively a dead character at this point. Red Skull was also one of the few villains that actually had a proper ambigous final scene. With Loki in Thor 1, we know he escaped to twirl his invisible mustance once more, but with Red Skull we don't really know if he was just vaporized or teleported to some other world.

That legitimately blew my mind.

Oh shit just realised he was this bitch

>yellowface and racism

bad decisions

Remember when Megan Fox was the next big thing, then she called Michael Bay Hitler? And the only movies she has really gotten since are bit parts or whatever pity roles Michael Bay throws at her?

Same deal. He got paid millions to be Red Skull and shat all over the role as beneath him to every movie rag he could find. It's one thing to be 'This is not the type of actor I want to be so I never take these pop culture sci fi roles' it's another thing to say that AND be Elrond, Agent Smith, and bunch of other roles like that. So no one hires him like they did anymore because no director wants an actor on their team talking shit about the movie while it's still trying to make money. He got paid and he's saying things that get people less money. And a lot of actors didn't really like that because they were all 'shit man, actors are starving out there and you are upset about millions of dollars? Fuck you'.

>get some iconic roles
>don't get the superstar media attention
>not have to deal with the usual BS like other actors

So... how is this supposed to be bad for him? He makes a good living, does not have to play shitty roles. He is living the life

I really enjoy the fact he'll do stuff that's not Hollywood. Guy Pearce does the same.

Weaving was great in the first episode of Rake.

Apparently he hated doing this and is keen to dodge the role if he can.

He's contracted for more.

His best role

I was under the impression nobody liked this movie

it's one of my favorite movies

it's comfy/10

Is he in charge here?

The night chasing scene in London has some seriously embarassing CGI here and there and so does the final fight. Otherwise I liked how athmospheric it was. I need more Victorian age Bluntfu

this is my guilty pleasure

receding hairline makes him look subhuman
he's a cuck

except that LOTR and Matrix were actually good and many steps above a super hero movie

Because only women care about actors more than the substance of a film, and he's kind of ugly desu

My mum's parents used to be friends with Hugo's and apparently she would play with him at their house when they were kids.

>inb4 cool story

did he lick her puss?

He was pretty bad in Hacksaw Ridge. He reminded me of the dad from Walk Hard.

Hugo was fucking great in hacksaw, c'mon user

Rewatching The Matrix trilogy, you really start to see how he's the star of those movies. He's playing the most interesting character and he's playing it to the top of his ability. He outshines pretty much every other actor in those movies. He does this in every movie he's in really. The guy is a treasure and it's a shame that he's not in more things

He was GOAT as Red Skull it's just a shame Marvel are fucking nob heads and piss them all off

He can't be.

Weaving is Nigerian.

I liked him and the magical negro.
Keanu was as bad as always and the girl acted like a robot.

He kicked ass in Hacksaw.

Are you fucking kidding?Hugo Weaving is pretty fucking popular actually.He's like DDL-tier.When you see his name you can't do anything but respect.