CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A CONTAINMENT BOARD FOR RAP "MUSIC"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RaBdSCjAY
allmusic.com/subgenre/noise-ma0000012085
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Hip Hop/
allmusic.com/genre/rap-ma0000002816
scaruffi.com/music/hiphop.html
last.fm/tag/hip-hop
forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/07/17/hip-hoprb-has-now-become-the-dominant-genre-in-the-u-s-for-the-first-time/#4a85923a5383
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we have a containment board for you it’s called

back to your containment board please
Sup Forums

This is about music, you preemtively triggered soyboy.

rap is music faggot
now back to kid

it's called Sup Forums my man
You'd fit right in

>triggered
you want a separate board because you're too upset about people liking music

>rap is music faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RaBdSCjAY

Fuck off bigot. And take your corrupt, failed president with you.

Rap is not music. It's spoken word that does nothing but inspire shitposting.

Rap is not music, you liberal degenerate.

>Rap is not music.
got a source on this, my dude?

We used to have one of those but it didn't really work. Especially whenever there was an even semi-notable fotm hip hop record being talked about.
The nature of hip hop's popularity on here makes it impossible to contain discussion to one thread.

Yes, it's called my sense of hearing.

hilarious and original

>anime

hurr durr everyone in thread is retard

>i dislike anime
>i post on an anime website
Joggin' the noggin'

sorry, but you're wrong. you seem to fit the criteria that buckley said about "music" fans. so if you'd like to, could you go through these definitions of the word "music" and argue against each of them? thanks.

noun
an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
the tones or sounds employed, occurring in single line (melody) or multiple lines (harmony), and sounded or to be sounded by one or more voices or instruments, or both.
musical work or compositions for singing or playing.
the written or printed score of a musical composition.
such scores collectively.
any sweet, pleasing, or harmonious sounds or sound:
the music of the waves.
appreciation of or responsiveness to musical sounds or harmonies:
Music was in his very soul.
Fox Hunting. the cry of the hounds.

Buckley? Who is he? The authority on music? Most people agree that there is nothing musical about rap.

t. newestfag

>Buckley? Who is he? The authority on music? Most people agree that there is nothing musical about rap.
all buckley talked about was the difference between a person who calls themself a music fan, and those that actually appreciate the artform as a whole. you don't have to care about this distinction though, it's ultimately not that big of a deal.
the definition I posted is from dictionary.com. here, I'll link the merriam-webster definition for you since you care about authority.
a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity
b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony
2 a : an agreeable sound : euphony
b : musical quality
3 : a musical accompaniment
4 : the score (see 1score 6a) of a musical composition set down on paper
5 : a distinctive type or category of music

here's the oxford definition.
1 - Vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

could you go through these definitions and explain why rap music doesn't fit them? thanks again.

That definition predates the existence of rap though, nobody was planning on something so vapid to ever come forth in the world and even if many people are tricked into believing it has musical artistry within it the majority of people don't accept it as music.

you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. would you like me to break it down so it's easier for you to respond?

Nice copout.

AHAHAHAHHAH I've never seen such a pretentious desctiption of 'music' in my fucking liiiiife. Wonder what this guy would say about other genres such as noise.

but user, you're the one who's posting the copouts! I've asked twice, nicely, for you to explain your position against the textbook definitions of rap music. but I'll bite, just for a little bit.
>That definition predates the existence of rap though...the majority of people don't accept it as music
if this was the case, would you agree that the definitions would have been changed to exclude rap? the phrase "most people" implies a majority, anywhere from over 50 to 70% I would say. surely if this many people thought that rap held no music qualities, there would have been a movement to get rap excluded from textbook definitions?

Noise is noise, not music. That's why it's called noise.

I think it will be changed, what with all the terrible mumble and memerap being released nowadays. It's been a long time coming but hasn't been brought to fruition quite yet partly due to the precieved war on blacks in America.

>It's been a long time coming but hasn't been brought to fruition quite yet partly due to the precieved war on blacks in America.
there it is! I knew it! you don't think rap is music, not because it lacks musicality, but because you dislike black people. no wonder you were incapable of defending your position.

It is LITERALLY (the actual meaning of that word) a genre of music. Fact.

Nice copout. Also are you saying that because I'm stating the fact of racial tensions in America that I hate blacks? Way to out yourself as an insane radical.

>simply saying the word "fact" absolves me of providing evidence

Fuck, I forgot how hard it is in 2017 to use google. Do you want me to do it for you friend, or do you think you can figure it out yourself?

>Nice copout
but user.
>I've asked twice, nicely, for you to explain your position against the textbook definitions of rap music.
anyway, yes that is what I'm saying, and it's very likely that I'm correct. if you'd like, I could actually break it down for you. but you gotta argue against at least one list of the definitions I posted first.

Nice backpedaling.

In what way am I backpeddling lol? You're either actually autistic or just doing a decent job at baiting. If you were actually serious:

allmusic.com/subgenre/noise-ma0000012085

If you make a claim, you have to back it up by providing evidence. If you can't do that, there is no reason to believe it's true.

Next level degenerate lmao

Please kid, go back to

this thread should have 0 (zero) replies
you're all feeding him the attention he wants

All genres are equal.

>Camo with orange text
Ugly ass color scheme god damn.

The evidence is very easy to find, like I said, use google. AND even if I never provided evidence, that wouldn't be backpeddling at all, it would just be make unsupported claim. AND I did just provide evidence, in case you actually were too autistic to look it up yourself.

It's vibrant and noticable.

The fact that you made a baseless claim then told me to look it up myself means you are absolutely backpedaling.

Late to the party, soygoy. I bet you listen to rap.

do you not see the link?

hey user, you haven't responded in a while. just wondering if you were writing up that post I asked for. thanks in advance.

No I see it, but the point was you provided it only after I called you out for being a backpedaler.

this pic shows the reverse of what happens newfag
>Site literally called FOUR "CHAN"

>Don't like rap
>Instantly become associated with Sup Forums

Jesus christ...

>shows his true race obsessed bias
>still expects to be taken seriously
You forefited that right, try not to let your crazy take over next time.

>It's vibrant and noticable.
Yes. Ugly can be vibrant and noticable sometimes. Your point?

>Says the sky is blue
>doesn't provide multiple factual sources proving the claim

hahaha fucking dumbass

I disagree with those who want you to return to Sup Forums. You should instead kill yourself.

It makes it easy to see.

Let me guess, you are NOT a leftist and you definitely DON'T even listen to rap right?

not that user but
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Hip Hop/
allmusic.com/genre/rap-ma0000002816
scaruffi.com/music/hiphop.html
last.fm/tag/hip-hop

Whether rap is music or not, we can all agree that it's complete fucking shit, right?

Best post in bread

You both are so far down the autistic spectrum that you're retarded.

You're probably fat as fuck so you're easy to see

You can't make a sensible statement, so...

You're probably a faggot.

Fuck off fag

>anime

That's not from a anime

>implying all of Sup Forums is not anime

Quite possibly the worst thread ever on Sup Forums. Fucking hell, fuck all of you.

We have many threads like this so I have to ask, what makes this the worst one?

mods please do your job and enforce rule #2

>Subbing in your hack of an uncle to make your argument for you
>Presents an opinion on rap music rather than analysis of its validity as music
You must feel real smart and informed, kiddo

shut up faggot

yeah it's called Sup Forums

It's not a bad suggestion. Why not separate real music from chimps talking over computer beats? It's not a logical mix of interests.

Rap is THE mainstream now, get over it big boy

>Weeb is also a giant faggot
Imagine my shock

been this way for awhile, unironic nu-males are all over this board. another favorite line of there's is calling you a virgin because you don't like some tepid pop album that's trendy this month

>complains about weebs on weeb site
>posts cartoon

only one triggered is you faggot

No it's been the mainstream but on it's way out.

>meme rap became a real thing
>soundcloud rappers hitting big leagues
>charting high

>literally seething
Lol get madder bitch

>Rap is dying!
forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/07/17/hip-hoprb-has-now-become-the-dominant-genre-in-the-u-s-for-the-first-time/#4a85923a5383

did you make that pics?

>implying rap is music