/SAG/ -South Asia General

*Blocks your path* edition

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world-0/el-salvador-abortion-case-raped-woman-jailed-miscarriage-evelyn-beatriz-hern-ndez-cruz-prison-a7827891.html
rgho.st/8XVhLJ6LQ
rgho.st/8kMND4Gqc
youtu.be/l7Vw2VkSF84
indianexpress.com/article/trending/trending-in-india/agri-minister-radha-mohan-singh-urinates-in-open-viral-pics-spark-twitter-reactions-4727403/
youtube.com/watch?v=xpW7Vci18gY
youtube.com/watch?v=ckCMuSkauhU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=x81iip6psks
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nước
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for El Salvador.

2nd for azad kashmir

Hindus will be a minority majority by 2040

user don't be upset desu

Soon you'll be neet pajeet

What is the best packaged snack and why is it waffy wafers?

El user what the hell
independent.co.uk/news/world-0/el-salvador-abortion-case-raped-woman-jailed-miscarriage-evelyn-beatriz-hern-ndez-cruz-prison-a7827891.html

>El Salvador jails raped teenager for 30 years under murder laws after she said she suffered miscarriage

I am living a neet lifestyle till college begins.

oooo shaabji

When does college start there?It usually start here in Ashar or late Jestha

IIT's new session was supposed to begin in mid to late July but Supreme Court has stayed further counseling until further notice due to some discrepancies in the entrance examination.

>Hobbi or studying languages
It's synonymous, I think. I did study French in the university for 4 years which gave me a solid background in understanding how to learn a new language (thanks to my prof, she was cool). I also attended an Arabic course for a year, and learnt Farsi a bit on my own with a good book.
>Are there any letters for aspirated plosives in Urdu ( kh, gh, chh, jh, th, dh ( both retroflex and dental)
A bit of background. In Arabic and Persian the /h/ sound is written with the letter ه which can take different forms in the beginning (هـ or ہـ), middle (ـهـ or ـہـ), end (ـه or ـہ) of the word or in an isolated position (ه). They are merely graphic variants of the same letter.

In Urdu these variants became two separate letters. ہ ہـ ـہـ ـه continues to denote the /h/ sound, while ھ ـھ is used to show aspiration.
I.e.: ب b, بھ bh ت t, تھ th, ٹ T, ٹھ Th etc.

So, bhai is بھائی.
بـ is Sup Forums
ـھـ shows aspiration
ـا long vowel /a:/
ئـ is an orthography convention inherited from Arabic, it's used to separate two vowel sounds which cannot occur in Arabic (even though it's different in Hindustani).
ـى is final /i:/
>phool
پھل (u is short, thus it's not written).

Basically, when Hindi uses distinct letters for aspiratd plosives, Urdu utilises digraphs. It's not very convenient, as far as I understand, but such is life.
>kashmir
I've never put much thought in there, honestly; for me Kashmir is merely a casus belli which triggered a series of Indo-Pakistani wars.
>modi
I'm not following Indian politics very much, but as far as I understand Indian anons, he's right-wing inclining populist.
>based
They are not as much a military force as the (de facto) ruling political body of Pakistan.
>the divide
No idea, honestly. Maybe a more profound influence of Europeans?
>pashtunistan
A dangerous war zone on the Afghani side and a pacified region (if we talk about Khyber)

Finally someone with a good taste.
You should try the following titles:
Kino no Tabi
Kaiba
Kuuchuu Buranko
Mononoke (2007)
Hyouge Mono

Phew.
The DVD worked after I cleaned it.
Fuck yeah.

>hyogue mono
i liked it, but i hated the fact that they would use 3d models to showcase some of the items. ruined the entire aesthetic style they were going for

thread for you nepajeet

Are you a linguist by profession?

Her lawyers claim it was a miscarriage, but from what I'm seeing she actually gave birth and then threw the baby down a septic vault to get rid of it.

I'm not a fan the high amount of religiosity in this country, but from what I'm seeing, this woman actually deserves that sentence.

Not that this has anything to do with the thread.

Just in case:
rgho.st/8XVhLJ6LQ - learning Urdu script (in Hind)
rgho.st/8kMND4Gqc - and in English
Nope, but I kinda wish I was.

>china hate
more like china envy desu

is the paki media usually this obsessed with all things India?

youtu.be/l7Vw2VkSF84

like your India envy

Now they can blame everything on joo and hindu alliance.

Binge watching Game of Thrones lads

katwe ke gaand poore phut gayi kek

Maybe I should do that too. Only 8 days left before Stannis returns.

indianexpress.com/article/trending/trending-in-india/agri-minister-radha-mohan-singh-urinates-in-open-viral-pics-spark-twitter-reactions-4727403/

Masti ki pathshala masti ki pathshala~~~

youtube.com/watch?v=xpW7Vci18gY

Damn I forgot how poorly optimized GTA IV is on PC

Wow, I get a better framerate on GTA V on medium low than I do on the IV on lowest.
So bad.

*test*

**test**

~~test~~

this thing is shit

[zalgo]Pooinloo[/zalgo]

I am a flaming faggot
ƃɐɟʍǝu'noʎ ʞɔnɟ

Can any user from or nearby Goa tell me how do I get drunk on Goa Kings Beer?
I've downed 5 cans(500 ml) of it in the last 2 hrs and all I feel is mild amusement.
how tf do people get drunk on this thing?

yes you are

vidya qt

just drink kingfisher strong like everyone else

I would if I could find it at this hour, should've brought corex with me

What's so great about alcohol?

It's generally delicious, and the feeling you get (at different stages of drunkenness) are all quite entertaining.

Whether you're drinking to relax after a tiresome day, as liquid courage to do things you want to do but can't bring yourself to, or to drown your sorrows because you're a depressed little shit, it's generally a good time.

daily reminder drinking alcohol can contribute to oral and throat cancer

Thanks. The Hindi version is very helpful to learn the Nastaliq script.

[zalgo] Poo in loo [/zalgo]

Too bad she has a gross looking nose. Her legs and ass are divine, though.

Alcohol does that? I thought it was chewing tobacco and cigarettes.

How do I start learning Devangri Script. I know spoken Hindi (I mean I know Urdu) but could you guys recommend a YouTube channel or website to start learning Devangri. I don't understand the vowels as well. I mean do you use the अ Everytime you need to use the a sound or does the previous alphabet automatically make the a sound?

Post /sag/ pepes

Plz stop, this is pretentious. Post Pepes only when the occasion calls for it. Not to make a collection of all subcontinental Pepes.

Too late! You can't stop me from taking this thread to the first page! ALLAHU AKBAR!

Unlike how you write Urdu and English, Hindi and most other Pajeet languages are written using an abugida system. The symbol क is read as 'ka' and doesn't only represent the k sound. Every individual symbol represents an entire syllable rather than a consonant or a vowel.
Look at this word ālaya. In Latin script the consonants and vowels are written as separate letters. But in Devanagari or any other abugida, every syllable has to be represented in a unique symbol. The syllables are ā, la, and ya. So while writing this in Hindi there will be three letters.
आ, ल and य. The default state of a consonant is when it is ending with the vowel a. Like क. If you want to make this ki, you should add a diacritic mark called a mātrā. Ki is कि. The diacritic mark for the i sound is added to क to change its pronunciation but it is still considered to be a single letter and not a combination of two letters.

Although this is such a simple concept to us, it will be hard for me to explain it to you on a place like Sup Forums with limited space because the whole concept of an abugida system is alien to you. Just how hard I find it to understand how Urdu is written in an abjad.

گولی goli
گلی gali
گالی gaali
گل Gul (surname)

N-namaste ;)
I see you make a progress.

There's many videos explaining how they work in YouTube.

youtube.com/watch?v=ckCMuSkauhU is a good one.

Too bad I can't make heads or tails of the Devanagari script despite knowing how it works, I honestly find it harder to learn than the Perso-Arabic one.

Kek

m.youtube.com/watch?v=x81iip6psks

Aren't there Hindu nationalists who want to eradicate Arabic borrowings in Hindi? If I were one of them, I'd be pretty embarrassed if I had to use loanwords for such simple concepts as "man" or "book".

Pure hindi(less borrowed arabic words, more sanskritized, or whatever you call it) is mostly used for television shows which are in an ancient/mythological setting.
No one is trying to push out loanwords, but some priests also talk in pure hindi.
Also, initially the first news channel doordarshan read in pure hindi during the early years of independence, but was replaced with common hindi since general middle and lower class people couldnt understand many words.

Thanks.

Arabic and persian words are already going out of use in modern hindi. Which is a very good thing, abdool.

go back to randia

Hindi is very rich in synonyms when it comes to nouns unlike English. Flower is phūl, pushpa, or kusum. Sun is sūraj, sūrya, ravi, bhānu, or dinkar.
Take simple concepts like
>man:
Aadmi (ādami): this is the loan word from Farsi.
Purush: this is the indigenous word from Sanskrit.
>Book:
Kitāb: from Arabic/Farsi
Pustak: indigenous
>World:
Duniya: from Arabic/Farsi.
Vishwa: indigenous
In all three cases, the loan word from Farsi is more commonly used in common speech than the indigenous Sanskritic word. However for formal purposes the tendency to use the Sanskritic word is greater. However in Urdu the Sanskritic word is typically completely absent from vocabulary.

पू इन दे लू
>sūraj, sūrya, ravi, bhānu, or dinkar
Are they just different sun deities' names or they can refer to the actual sun as well?

*द
Actual sun as well.

Yeah, it's shwa, thanks.

It's cool.

Are you the same guy who made the post about the animu?

I'm not a fan of Tungusic cartoons.

That was another Russian? I thought it was the same guy posting as anonymous because the two posts were consecutive.

really embarrassing to use pig language words like kitaab and aadmi/insaan

big central loo in arabia.

I don't post animu, ever.
Autistic same poster.

how can you differentiate between oinking of pigs and arabic, they sound exactly the same.

>Too bad she has a gross looking nose
You mean realistic lmao

T. S. Muttiah

btfo moplah

Phūl (flower) is پھول not پھل. پھل is phal (fruit). The u is long so it is written using و.

Ok thanks for the help!

گیلا gīlā (wet masc.)
گیلے gīlī (wet fem.)
گول gol (round)
گولی goli (bullet/tablet)

>گیلے

Btw gilli is written with the Choti Yay not the bari yay. That makes it gilley which is plural for wet as in gillay kapray (wet clothes) in Urdu, The bari yay is often used to make something plural.

I'm quite literally TOO handsome

HindiFags, How do I write a word ending in a consonant without having the 'a' sound attached to it ?

For example when I write Allah in Hindi it becomes Allaha if I'm reading अऴह correctly. Could someone please tell me how to make the ह at the end just be h and not ha?

Oh wait. I'm writing it fine except for missing the matra

Bump

Why are you learning devanagari script?

I found this word that cognate with both Santali and Khmer. But all the three are so different that they're unrecognizable.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nước

Looks like there is hope for me after all.The only thing i need to do is pass in my reexam of my +2 exam and take japanese lesson course and then i can apply for japanese student visa.Literally so happy listening to this.