Let's discuss this film, please

Was it rape?

never watched it

I don't have 4 hours to watch a movie. I need that time for shitposting

what is there to discuss?
its fucking great, watch it faggot

watching it right now, taking a break because it's so fucking long

didn't know that jencon was in it

I enjoyed the most boner inducing scene in the movie and I don't know why.

Good film

just watched it last night, strange that you fags are talking about it now

Watched it this Friday, loved it. I read about the American distributors buttfucking Leone by releasing the wrong cut. It's tragic.

it's actually really bad and its 'rediscovery' is 100% meme

there are no stakes the entire time because there's not really any characters

God bless

Nah, she clearly wanted it.

I downloaded this movie and it was just 10 straight minutes of a fucking phone ringing so I just deleted it.

It's a very typical rags to riches movie but done so earnestly and stylishly that it transcends

>it was all a dream!
bravo leone

Better than the godfather and goodfellas.

Watched it when I was a kid and it's unironically my favorite movie along Blade Runner. I think what I like in both those movies is the atmosphere, they both feel alive in their own ways

I fapped to the rape scenes

I'm going to watch it
I hope you're joking
closing the thread now

No. He repented later.

Yeah, that was annoying as fuck. But with a guy like Leone you can't assume it wasn't deliberate.

Finished it, I don't really know what to think. It definitely sucks you in with it's style but it felt.. aimless? It jumps around and the only period I felt like got the time it needed was their childhood.

Reading the wikipedia article and it says that Leone wanted to do two three hour films and I think that would've helped the story immensely.

The ending was dissapointing after all that build up.

Also, of all the places to run away to, why Buffalo? I mean, fucking Buffalo.

In the same way that the Godfather is about family, not gangsters; this movie is about nostalgia, not organized crime.

Seeing Moe's restaurant after its former liveliness, Deborah's wrinkles after her former beauty, Max's son looking just like his father. The gang gone, Noodles visiting their grave. The whole feel of the movie is that feeling of the missing the past, of regret, of "the lost time". That's why it may appear "aimless".

Once Upon A Time In America > The Godfather

This is legitimately the greatest movie of all time.

Beginning was great.

The rest sucked.