Thoughts on 'The Ninth Gate' ?

Thoughts on 'The Ninth Gate' ?

Good film but mediocre Polanski.

Comfy movie for a rainy night with pizza and bourbon

my dick got hard when he fucked the blonde semon demon

pleb flick

Good movie ruined by wtf ending.

do I have to watch the first 8 to know what's going on?

shit good

fuck scene AAAAAyyy lmao

dis

top comfy pleb filter

Loved that movie, nice setting, the devil was hot.

One of my favorite adventure movies. I do wish stories like these didn't end so ambiguously, however. I'm not saying they had to show him turn into a demon, but showing an ominous, vaguely apocalyptic event take place by his doing would've made it more chilling.

Very good soundtrack.

It was like a movie length X-files episode or something.
super comfy

comfy

Must be pleb dogshit if plebs are spouting comfy 2bh

great movie and Polanski's best, Frank Langella as Boris Balkan is a god-tier villain

btw only pleb faggots complain about the ending

She was the whore of babylon

>the ninth gate was her vagina

>its
>like
>pottery

What are some other movies like it though? I'm not thinking about having similar plot but having this kind of muffled ambience.

It keeps reminding me of Blade Runner and Fight Club.

try Angel Heart

For some reason, I can rewatch The Ninth Gate infinitely.

Thanks, haven seen that one in over twenty years.

Polanski is an actual rapist and poured a bit of himself into the insane characters while Johnny Depp had a presence of his own in contrast to the rest of the movie. It was almost like a struggle between the 2. That last sex scene was kind of rapey, Johnny Depp was surprised and detached while the unnamed woman was fully into it. Polanski later married the actress.

I would be impressed if a director managed to capture some of this insanity and transplant it into a movie based on the work of H.P. Lovecraft.

The girl herself admitted the sex was consensual

I love it and the thing with these antique books. I wish there were more movies like it. It has such a unique atmosphere.

Mfw my films compose a riddle whose answer will tell you how to get away with raping a child.

Everything the movie should have gotten right, Eyes Wide Shut did better. Mediocre movie at best.

Women didn't look at Polanski because he is such a manlet. All his life he could only date women much younger than him, which created a fetish in him over time. Women created the rapist Polanski.

IT'S MIRACULOUS

It's a good little movie, no more, no less.

It's not a masterpiece at all but it's a thoroughly entertaining movie to watch on a rainy day.

Comfy.

I recommend In the Mouth of Madness for more bookish horror fun.

>he could only date women much younger than him
it doesn't make sense. younger women are valued much higher

pretty good... lena olin was hot.........ending didn't fit the rest of the movie, but was enjoyable since debil chic was hot.....crazy pussy is the best pussy