Noel Gallagher.: I hate Thom Yorke physically, I dislike that kind of man

>Noel Gallagher.: I hate Thom Yorke physically, I dislike that kind of man.
>Interviewer.: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?
>N.G.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Cobain disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.
>Interviewer.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.
>N.G.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get sympathy, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does in his music is therapeutic.
Based.

oasis members don't like numales

Noel kills again

oh fuck

who else /that particular combination of arrogance and timidity/ here?

me

felt insulted by OP's post if I'm honest

i love noel

Noel is a chav with zero 6/10 or better songs, but he is good at chatting shit

He's not wrong

>tfw a manlet exists near me

I understand why he could feel this way, but I don't really think it's defensible. I've spent a lot of my life shy and it's not a conscious effort. It's something I have to take a lot of effort to break out of, every time.

So is Yorke doing it on purpose? This makes me feel weird.

Thom Yorke is just an autistic freak. It amazes me how his spergy ways go past everyones head, it's so evident.

examples please

>Liam
>calling other people arrogant

>In an interview with Esquire UK, Gallagher was asked if he was “aware” of the hierarchy of UK bands. He responded, “I’m aware that Radiohead have never had a fucking bad review. I reckon if Thom Yorke fucking shit into a light bulb and started blowing it like an empty beer bottle it’d probably get 9 out of 10 in fucking Mojo. I’m aware of that.”

>Later, when discussing the backstory of “Don’t Look Back in Anger” and its subsequent legacy, Gallagher took another shot at the Radiohead frontman. “Technically, there’s better songwriters than I am. Guardian writers will tell you that. Have other people’s songs ever really touched a generation, though? Radiohead? When do people listen to them? Is it when they go out, or is it when they come in? Because I’m struggling to think.”

>Sup Forums
everyone

Just watch any interview with him, he shares a lot of characteristics with Autistic people.

>>N.G.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Cobain disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.
>>N.G.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation.

>he hates himself, and he loves himself
why make fun of a person whose main hobby is mental self-degradation

Thankfully it's something that I have manged to leave in the past. Shyness is indeed a way of masking an arrogant mentality but nobody will tell you to knock it off because they subconsciously recognise that they can keep you in place and benefit from it, by feeding your delusional superiorities.
In his case, Liam is able to recognise arrogance into other individuals because of his very own arrogant nature.

Dude's completely right,Yorke seems like a pretentious and patronizing person

>"shyness is nice and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to" - former autist turned chad

>Liam Gallagher has laid into Radiohead for writing music “about a fucking tree” on their new album ‘The King Of Limbs’.

>“I heard that fucking Radiohead record [‘The King Of Limbs’] and I just go, ‘What?!'” he said. “I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself!”

>Speaking of Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke‘s decision to take influence from the tree in question, Gallagher added: “You’d have thought he’d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?”

>has actual breakdowns
>socially anxious
>predictably, has trouble interacting with people
what an elitist amiright? shit like this makes aspies stay indoors and never try.

This man calling anyone else arrogant and insecure is clearly projection. I was just thinking the other day how Oasis is one of the few bands I don't like because of how the people in the band act.

>A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself!
liam on fire

I cant believe people are taking the bait

>You know what I mean?”
The eternal question

>“I go back to this: Fame is fucking wasted on these people. The new generation of rock stars, when have they ever said anything that made you laugh? When have they ever said anything you remember? People say, ‘They’re interesting.’ Interesting! That’s a word that’s crept in to music: ‘Yeah, man. Have you heard the new Skrillex record?’ ‘No.’ ‘Yeah, man. It’s really interesting.’ I don’t want interesting! Rock ‘n’ roll’s not about that. To me, it’s about fucking utter gobshites just being fucking headcases. Well, not headcases. But what I want, genuinely, is somebody with a fucking drug habit, who’s not Pete Doherty. Do you know what I mean?”

I was about to say that the op sounds exactly like Orson Welles talking about Woody Allen. Is it literally just the same text?

I'm autistic and fully triggered

There are more great singles on any given Radiohead album than can be found in the entire Oasis/Gallagher discography. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can recognise Thom’s total artistic superiority, including Noel himself, which is the real reason why he’s salty.

>Thom’s total artistic superiority
citation needed

Fucking ENORMOUS inferiority complex. I'm embarrassed for him. Holy shit.

Do you have functioning ears?

Oasis is shit but Radiohead are fucking abysmal

here, the point is not being "artistically superior", this thread's about rockstardom

it’s something i’ve been trying to work on since I realized much of the reason I have trouble talking to people is that I think the conversation will be dull automatically. Now I’m trying to just let go of my ego and not care what people think. When I was younger I used to be a lot more carefree and not take convos so seriously. Been trying to do that more often and it has really helped

>It's a matter of taste I know but, personally, I was well miffed to see OK Computer atop the Q 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time'. I'm a fan of records, not bands. There's even stuff that The Beatles did which I wouldn't bother replacing if they were robbed off me. The Bends is a great record, but OK Computer and Amnesiac... I really don't see what all the fuss is about. There's nothing on 'em that wasn't being done by Faust 25-years ago.
You literally can't dispute him on this

This triggers the Plebheads

O.W.: Measure them. Measure them!
I never could stand looking at Bette Davis, so I don’t want to see her act, you see. I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man.

H.J.: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?

O.W.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

H.J.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.

O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Just so everyone knows Noel didn't say this.
This is Orson Welles talking about Woody Allen.

I'll admit, it was a lie. But it doesn't make any of the things said in this thread any less true.

why did he call him Thom Yorke then?

Oasis is numale repellant

Prove me wrong

You like them