Favorite Death Grips Project?

I'll start with mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HUoUPJK-zX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So you pick their tamest, blandest shit just to be contrarian?

To me, it's a toss-up between The Money Store and No Love Deep Web.

anyone who uses the term "project" for music is a fucking pretentious tool

Lol how the fuck am I being contrarian. I just like Steroids the most.

Because you're supposed to like Real Ones on the Moon just like the rest of us.

Nah maybe I just want to use the word because I want to include albums, EPs, and mixtapes.

I love Real Ones on the Moon its just not my favorite project from them at the moment.

its always been exmilitary with the money store right behind it

>Real Ones

can we not do this please

Haha yea that was kind of dumb

tptb for experimental shit and bottomless pit and for catchy poppy hooks

Real Ones use melon memes on Sup Forums unironically and then dip

^

sounds like you choosing the most "non-tame" as your favorite is infinitely more contrarian than liking Steroids

my man
objectively

Exmilitary is so fucking good

Can't choose an album but Hacker has been my favorite song since TMS dropped.

far and away nldw

Same

Hacker is one of those songs that transcends its accessibility. It is catchy and probably one of the easiest tracks in their discography to get into if you don't like the band. But it's still fucking incredible, the production and details in that thing is staggering. I never grew tired of it.

I think on balance I prefer Bottomless Pit for the fact that it signals a slight shift away from previous albums that were essentially one elaborate character portrait of a 'bad guy'

I feel like there's more melancholy, social commentary and introspection in this album (Eh and Trash) while still keeping the grandiose powerful music that made The Money Store great (Hot Head)

I get that the 'Very shallow listening' sort of implies they see this album as a little commercial compared to other 'projects' but honestly that doesn't bother me. I like Astral Weeks for the reasons Van Morrison didn't care for it as much as other albums and how the musicians feel about an album doesn't mean I have to agree

THE TABLE'S FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH

yeah i'm a faggot

Agreed. I'll find myself getting "I'M IN YOUR AREA" stuck in my head when I haven't listened to the song in months.

i always thought of the phrase "very shallow listening" as a critique of what us (the fans) are doing, rather than a description of the album itself. that's an interesting way to look at it

Gov Plates is decent, some really amazing songs on there though (i.e: pillbox hat)

hostile cunt

I was so giddy when Earth Angel leaked and we finally got to hear what a proto-hacker sounded with the production style of Exmilitary.

Turns out that song had even more catchy hooks and memorable lines that never made it in. It's rough and messy and not nearly as good but still really interesting to listen to.

youtube.com/watch?v=HUoUPJK-zX0

lmao look at this idiot

I still don't get it.

Can they top NOTM? in terms of experimentation or will they just make another Money Store

I believe they can, we'll have to wait and find out.

they beat notm on the very same album with jenny death

this next album will be their opus. They'll release it to mass confusion but eventual acclaim, and spend a year trying to top it before realizing they can't, and shift the band in an entirely different direction, if they don't just dissolve entirely.

their next album gonna be bad.

Which user do I trust?

Fucking delete this

Truth dubs :')

delete

Anyone else expecting something on the 21st, the seventh anniversary of them forming? Lucas Abela said to expect something in December and that date just seems to make the most sense.

death grips fans are worse than tool fans at this point and rapidly approaching juggalos

>cum_stained_sweatshirt_should_i_wash_it.jpg

Post it

Post the DG song that's in your head right now.

>blobloblobloblo oh noo

Three Bedrooms In A Nice Neighborhood

THREE BEDROOMS IN A GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ????? MADE OUT OF WOOD

you got hot head stuck in my head now hahaha

The Money Store > Death Grips > Exmilitary > No Love Deep Web > electronic drum solo dub mix (single take) > Bottomless Pit = Jenny Death > Niggas on the Moon > Government Plates > Fashion Week > that gabber crap

I haven't listened to Interview 2016.

>I haven't listened to Interview

How do you know about it but choose not to listen to it? fucking millenials

please tell me this is bait

Why did you @ every single post in the thread you cunt

because i wanted your attention you little horny slut

What in the fucking world? He didn't pick GP or TMS. Steroids is on par with NOTM in terms of originality, nothing sounds like it.

Is that who i think it is

they're featuring Grandpa Abela on the next album so I'm assuming shit is going to go off in terms of experimentation.

Probably gonna be the highest top-range album sonically if I'm guessing correctly.

how the hell do you rate "electronic drum solo dub mix (single take)" above Steroids.

That drum solo is just meandering bloops for 10 minutes.

underrated post

notm but i like everything they've done

excited for the new album

ON FIRE LIKE A MARGARITA

i love "on gp" it sucks nothing else in their catalog sounds like this

Neighbors on the Moon