/Momcore/

I wanna buy my mom an album on vinyl for Christmas but I'm still not sure which one. I was thinking about buying her Hounds of Love by Kate Bush (she likes some of her other albums) but I'm afraid she'll find it too weird or something.
She's really into David Bowie and 80s pop (New Wave and such)

What's some patrician momcore albums ? Please help a Sup Forumstant out

Ask her, don't ask us

Anything by Duran Duran, New Order, Depeche Mode, Spandau Ballet

I wanna get her an album she doesn't know

youll come off as an autist sperg if you try and buy her a """"""""""patrician"""""""""" album if you cant even figure out what a good David Bowie album is to get her. just get her whatever her faovirte artist or album is and save yourself the embarrassment from your mom feeling like she raised a retard

Nice, thanks

By "patrician" I meant really good, not some obscure pretentious shit, calm down
I just think it'd be interesting to get her something she doesn't know instead of an album she already knows by heart

You don't have to straight-up ask her, but talk to her about music and see what she says she likes and then get her something based on that. Hounds of Love could be a good one if she already likes Kate Bush, the A-side's not too weird and may even be her most pop, at the very least.

Has she ever heard of Rumors by Fleetwood Mac? If so, then try pic related; I used to listen to it every day when I was a kid.

*and with my mother as well.

buy compilations, David Bowie have a lot of compilations and great hits for normies(no tracks from Low, Lodger, StS) also, all moms I know loves Emma Shaplin and Dido

Hounds of Love is still my first pick yeah, but I was listening to it again earlier today and some parts are really "out there"

Fuck Rumours would be great too, didn't even think about this one, thanks user

if your mom doesn’t know Rumours is she really a mom?

I'd check with your mum on Rumours, don't just assume she likes it. My mum could never be doing with that period Fleetwood Mac.

Why would you buy some old shit that she probably heard and passed over in her youth. Buy something current that she might like, stop trying to remind her she is old and out of date.

How old is she?

She's 50

I thought about buying her the new Björk but not sure if she'll like it either

bump

Alex Cameron - Forced Witness

The Smiths' - Charming Man (12'' or 7'')
The Slits 1st album

or if you're feeling really adventurous and full of moneys, get picture related

Good luck introducing her to something new man, I've tried with both of my parents over the years and nothing ever catches, even stuff that's directly up their alleys. They don't want new stuff most of the time, they want to remember the good days when they weren't mangled by age and all their friends were alive.

Tell your mom she's welcome.

Is she hot