Dear Sup Forums

Dear Sup Forums

Video games have official surpassed movies in terms of art, story, and character development.

Sincerely. Sup Forums

?

The Last of Us Part II

Do you live under a rock, grandpa?

Why does Sup Forums always come here for approval? Do actual Sup Forums centric art boards like /lit/ and Sup Forums make them insecure about playing with toys and have no redditors that will agree with them?

Logan trailer was a better TLoU trailer so you're wrong

?
how would someone live under a rock?? do they evenmake houses like that?

Here you go.

I guess it's hard for your old man eyes to read. Maybe get for another check up there, grandpa!

yup with games like that and Life is Strange
at least hollywood has been BTFO

impolite youngfag present you the last faggy reddit interactive movie, sir, absolutly nothing to see here

You mean neo Sup Forums

TLoU is mediocre, pic related is the closest vidya will ever get to being kino

What story? The only thing she says is "I'm gonna kill all of them."

10/10 dialogue.

watch more movies

I just wish they continued the story straight from the end of the first game. It's clear were going to play as Ellie which isn't a huge problem but it is once again pushing the media's obsession with stronk womyn that they have these days

>IT SAYS 4 STARS ON THE POSTER!!
>IT'S GOOD!

Yeah youre right. Video games are just movies now, and not even games. cant argue with ya there.

Uncharted and The Last of Us have long left """"movies"""" far, far behind.

last of us was shit and had a shit ending

I really don't understand the praise Naughty Dog gets. I've tried playing Last of Us twice and couldn't finish it either time. I've also started 2 Uncharted games and couldn't finish them either. I'd honestly rather them just be movies, the gameplay is too shallow to entertain me.

wait a minute... are you saying im old??

r u old ledecky bro?

o okay thanks ;D

the gameplay itself always gets praised bud.

spotted the xbot fagboy :)

desperate for attention, much?

a-age is just a number.. im young @

>forgetting about Planescape: Torment
Unforgivable.

been a playstation owner my whole life. Loved Crash Bandicoot back in the day, just not a fan of Naughty Dog's recent works. The gameplay in TLoU is boring and shallow, I don't care what anyone says.

?
im just talking to my friends on teevee

story can be told in other media as can character development.

what makes vidya special?

gameplay is a shit identifier that no one really cares about because everyone still predominantly plays video games for the story and characters

yup, how did I know you would respond to me? You love it don't you, that someone has noticed you? Get fucked avatarfag. This isn't your personal blog. Stop fagging up the place.

then your opinion is objectively terrible

LEAVE HIM ALONE

>how did I know you would respond to me?

.. you asked me a question! what kind of rude boy would i be if i didn't respond?

Fuck off back to plebbit. You disgust me.

How old are you really

Buddy will still be a better pre teen killer than Ellie. Brad is a better and more interesting father character than Joel too.

She's beautiful

very!

Beautiful feet, too. I want to marry her

>I want to marry her
dude me too! we have so much in common! ;D

Can I taste your boipussi?

More like movies have taken over video games. This shit is like a playable movie.

Maybe if we marry each other, she'll marry us.

....... ok that got real lewd

STOP why are you doing this, I am the one who has been wooing ledeckybro not you!!!! i ordered a pizza and stocked the bar and bought a wig and fake medals to wear not you!!!
>breaths hard
STOP!

TLoU sucks because its gameplay is a vehicle for a very terrible narrative meant to invoke a decent father-daughter story that pulls at the heartstrings of the emotionally immature 18-34 year old fanbase.

If you want a game that has supplanted many shows and movies, play Witcher 3.

Best book I've ever played

>fake metals
>fake

Videogames are garbage nowadays.

>endless long cutscenes with shitty voice acting
>literally spend 80% of most games going on fetch questions that involves walking for half hour in one direction, then back again for another half hour
>first person shooters where 90% of players just sit in a corner and snipe or make use of quickscoping

I'll take any 2d Mario or Chrono Trigger any day.

i forgot to mention that in making the narrative the main focus, the gameplay suffers

nothing but stealth QTE's and passable third person shooting mechanics for the entire 10 hour game

>playing video games for the story

good idea! i cant wait to be her house husband

>witcher 3
kek
even worse

I'll be her foot husband

>Witcher 3
>Not GOAT

I will wring your neck until your fat head pops off. Then i will piss down your worthless neck, faggot!!!!

@_@ ledecky bro nooo

The main narrative is weak.
Gameplay is AssCreed garbage.

Video games are shit, fuck off manchild redditor

They're objectively better than films because they feature interaction. They avenues that a director can use are increased with no down side.

the main narrative pales in comparison to many of its side quests, and the main narrative of Hearts of Stone, which is probably the best story told in gaming. Blood & Wine is really good too. Definitely better than any game ever released. (as of December 2016)

so is someone gonna fuck my boipucci or wat??

Game is absolute shit senpai.
Only normie faggots like it.

YOU'RE NOT THE REAL LEDECKYBRO

Why are you pretending to be me? I will bite your fucking face off and swallow your eyeballs, Fag!

Try that again and even your mum won't recognize you.

>They're objectively better than films because they feature interaction.

You mean people don't pay as much attention to their flaws because most of their brain is occupied by monkey work.

>this thread

get help

>joel is dead

>Sup Forums shits on Sup Forums
>Sup Forums shits on Sup Forums
Who was in the wrong here and what did they mean by this?

even Sup Forums shits on Sup Forums

>games with more cutscenes than gameplay

plz every1 knows I don't talk like that, I'm not rude like u.

will u fuck my boipucci friend? ;^)

theres no story confirmed so far, right?
They could change some things from now until launch or they might jump around in time periods

wrong. Game play is average to good tier at best. The stories are where they get their shekels

I enjoy both

joel is going to be a old man and you probably wont get to play as him, which is worse

Tommy will probably die though

>get shitposted out of Sup Forums
>get shitposted out of Sup Forums

where to next

>metals

/vg/?

>old man

ellie is only like 4-5 years older

>/vg/
>OP makes a post and it gets drowned out by tripfags

pretty much the same outcome

joel was in his early 50s, or at the vert least mid 40s by the time he meets ellie, who says she's 14
she looks in her early 20s here so joel is pushing 60
there is no way he is still out beating dozens of people to death with his bare hands anymore. when you play,It'll be like having to push ellie around on a raft but it will be a senile joel in a wheelchair

/tg/ is where it's at

Does this game come out soon? Why are the Sony shills pushing it so hard on almost every board?

I hope it keeps the atmosphere of the first. Best thing about it tbqh.

>Video games have official surpassed movies in terms of art, story, and character development
>posts one of the shittiest example, a QuickTime Event game that plays itself and pretends to be a TV show instead of embracing its own medium

Ahem, patrician /storytelling vidya/ coming through. These games take full advantage of videogames as an interactive storytelling medium. Bastion.

Sup Forums hates this flick.

Not patrician tier, and perhaps not the most visually striking. Great atmosphere and storytelling if you manage to immerse yourself in it - play it in the dark. Amnesia Dark Descent

No introduction needed; Ori The Blind Forest

Some 3D vidya kino, unfortunately modern day games and solid storytelling dont mix so well....

LoZ Ocarina and Majoras Mask

>muh first 3d zelda
>good
fuck off retard.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie - games whose unique feels and experiences probably wont ever be able to be replicated again

What do people think about my vidya kino list so far? I know my age bias is probably showing, but modern 3D games are really shit at storytelling because they worry so much about visuals, they lose sight of the big picture

It was one of the games at the forefront of the "NEVER EVER" goldface meme Sonyggers love to push since most of their shit is straight garbage.

A merely mediocre game really gets their neurons firing.

Hey I played them as a child before they were cool. I may be viewing them through rose tinted glasses, but I wholly think those games deserve the appraisal they get. It does annoy me when younger gamers praise them without ever playing them... the pacing feels aged, I doubt theyd enjoy them

Back to it, Red Dead Redemption

Non-picture mention: Final Fantasy 7 - rich immersive world, but often filled with mediocre dialogue

>that bull is going to fuck kazooie in front of banjo

Is this /ourgame/?

This one doesnt exactly highlight the advantages of video games as a storytelling medium, has some pretty bad dialogue (esp in the bonus radio chats), and many clunky design points that take from the immersiveness - but one of my favorites

The Souls series - rich and beutiful landscapes, shows that you can create a world dense with its own history and lore WITHOUT the need for heavy exposatory dialogue and such

Anyone still here? Any recommendations?

I wish games would go back to what they were fucking video game, who the fuck wants to watch and listen to some hack tier directing of some awful cutscene.

Just go back to plain text and dump all of those horrendous shit