And they call it a mine... A MINE!

>and they call it a mine... A MINE!

Real talk was Gimli retarded? And why did he talk about Moria as though it had been his cousins kingdom for centuries when he knew full well that Balin had gone to retake it from the goblins and the outcome was entirely unknown since nobody heard from them again?

I mean why did he just plainly assume it was a success?

Other urls found in this thread:

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Moria
youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64
youtube.com/watch?v=oCsEqKjP9p0
express.co.uk/news/world/693954/Terror-in-Europe-map-deaths-injuries-attacks-2016
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This really bothered me desu

You're not thinking like a Dwarf

>I mean why did he just plainly assume it was a success?
Because he is a cocky dwarf who hasnt been to Moria in literal decades? Who hasnt heard from Balin in over a year?

Also, its to add suspense in a film...

i.e. I'm thinking?

Very undwarvish indeed

inb4 Elf detected

You might be autistic then...

He's never been to Moria at all. I mean not what Moria used to be. He would only know it as fallen.

The only times dwarf mines fail is if some megabeast takes over it. So naturally Gimli thought it'd be a smashing success.

But it had fallen when he was like a child

Or even before he was born

He most certainly has been to Moria during the pre-Azog days.

Brush up on your lore
lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Moria

>He would only know it as fallen
Dwarves dont have IM or phones, user...

>and they call it a-mine
Why would they have Gimli adopt an Italian accent for just this one line? Also nobody was saying it was his, they said it was Balin's.

In the book it's different. Nobody wanted to go to Moria, except Gandalf. Gimli didn't want to go but was curious as to what actually happened to Balin.

Crucially, in the books, they didn't know that there was a Balrog and Gandalf only realised what he was facing at the Bridge.

Who, Gimli? No. He's never been to Moria. After it fell, There was an epic battle on the eastern gates (where Azog died), but not a single dwarf went inside. Then Balin went in towards the end of the 3rd age with a small colony that only lasted 5 years, and the whole thing was against Dain's wishes. So no, Gimli never went to Moria.

And why didn't they just fly the eagles to Mordor?

hey thanks for the synopsis there chief, i'm sure nobody in this thread has read the extremely obscure book "The Lord of the Rings" before

Honestly, I wouldn't a film or miniseries about the Moria. Shit could be cool as long as nobody goes full retard on the CGI.

Why did he want to sniff the elf queen's feet after getting that piece of hair from her?

Gimili and Legolas story line was butchered in the movie t b h

I've read it twice but do you really expect me to remember trivial details like that after it's been like a decade since I have?

The answer is always Hackson.

In this case, his decision in turning Gimli into retarded comic relief.

Can anyone here tell me what that means? How do you even google that?

at least it gave him more character than "hair fetishist", which was his only defining trait in the book

>was Gimli retarded?
It was all those years of sliding. Really messes with the brain.

>why did he just plainly assume it was a success
this isn't a plothole, it's just his character's personality.

Wormhole

>eagles can help
>they don't

Are they just dicks?

I heard that Darby was a pretty big cunt on set and didn't get along with the rest of the crew during filming of LotR.

everyone else became bros

wow these movies aged like milk

Yeah his surprise at the place being a deathtrap in the movie wasn't the same as his reaction in the books right?

You mean Davies?

the way i heard it was when the fellowship got tattoos, gimli's standin was the one who got one with them

yea I dunno where I got darby from, I was close

I always got the impression John never enjoyed the experience of LotR. Be it his experience with the prosthetics (even going so far as to immediately burn a piece of prosthetic he was given as a farewell gift) or his passing up of the Fellowship tattoo.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64

fuck that, I want one of gollum stalking the fucking world for the ring, I can't even imagine what shenanigans he got into

>Dwarves are greedy Jews
>Bigger power takes their homeland and they wait for someone else to risk their lives to kill the bigger power and then retake it once it's gone
Was Tolkien redpilled?

The Lord of the Eagles took a share of Smaug's treasure for his minimal contribution in the Battle of Five Armies. He's a pretty fickle entity whose domain is surrounded by a lot of hostile territory and they aren't really dealt with by said hostile entities because they're dangerous as fuck.

The Eagles will do what they want in the end, like saving Bilbo and Thorin's Company, Frodo and Sam, or contributing in the Battle of Five Armies. They are, due to their divine master in Manwe, serve prophecy and the Song; in which case they literally only help when an angel tells them to.

And they don't wanna fuck with the Fell Beasts and the Witch King of Angmar, or any Nazgul really; which can fuck up shit hardcore with their swords. And they are their own independent "people."

Nobody is bitching about the Bardings not helping in the War of the Ring in an obvious and notable capacity.

top kek

didn't sauron also dispatch a massive army up north which was stopped by the various factions from the hobbit?

Not to mention Gwaihir was hit with an arrow, and doesn't really want go through it again

Why did they help at the end though?

Wait. I completely forgot. Were the eagles featured in BotFA? I remember they saved the day in the book, but I can't fucking remember if they were in the movie or not. It's like my brain completely blocked memories from these shitty films.

Ya
War in the West is pretty much all that is covered but the East and North were fighting also

>when I first laid eyes upon the Lady Galadriel the moon hit my eye like a big pizza pie
>and they call it amore.....AMORE

> In The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Westron was presented as having been completely translated into English. This had certain important implications: first of all, proper names with derivations somewhat evident to speakers of Westron had been 'translated', to preserve the effect. Thus, names like "Baggins", "Bagshot Row", "Peregrin", "Rivendell", etc. are presented as not the actual names. For example, Meriadoc Brandybuck's actual name is supposed to have been Kalimac Brandagamba, short Kali (meaning jolly, merry). 'Meriadoc', short 'Merry', is designed to maintain the reference to merriness contained in the original name. Likewise Peregrin Took's actual name was Razanur Tûc, short Razar (name of a small apple). 'Peregrin', short 'Pippin' contained both the actual meaning of the full name (traveller, stranger) and the reference to an apple. Sam Gamgee (shortened from Samwise Gammidgy) was actually named Ban Galpsi, short for Banazîr Galbasi. The ending of the 'true' Hobbit name Bilbo was also changed: in Westron it was Bilba, but Tolkien changed this to -o because -a is usually a female ending in English, whereas it was a male ending in Westron.
> Tolkien states that Frodo’s name in the fictional language of Westron was Maura Labingi

Fuck you, you fucking fuck.

That game was shit, but still fun for some reason.

Did all that stuff actually happen? I thought it was fiction. There's an old language it was translated to english from?

No you idiot Tolkien had a boner for making up languages. There was no Mordor, no Hobbits and no ring shenanigans

>Doesn't know we're living in the 6th age right now

>There was no Mordor, no Hobbits and no ring shenanigans

Source?

>I mean why did he just plainly assume it was a success?

Yeah because the Dwarves would not have had much trouble against goblins.

The Balrog wasn't in the picture.

Bitch, I got a master in history and I can safely confirms that Mordor and the Hobbits existed. Read a book you fuck.

Cause he's a big nationalistic retard.

His cousin survived all that shit with Bilbo remember, so he probably didn't even think there was a chance he could lose.

t. hasn't read the books
you say "nationalistic" as a pejorative
off to you go

Because he's a dwarf and doesn't believe that they would've failed.

It's just as real as any religious book.

LOTR religion when?

Yes. For some reason Peter Jackson decided to make Gimli son of Gloin into a joke.

>we just folded space from bree....

Lord of the rings movie entirely in westron and the other languages when

Why didn't the Fellowship just use half A presses to get to Mordor?

>dont ever use "natationalist" as a pejorative for some reason
>despite it actually being a negative trait for some people
>despite it actually being a detriment and a fuzzy line between xenophobia and healthy national pride

>xenophobia
>bad
just let the bacteria into your bloodstream! are you kidding me? you're a fucking white blood cell!

do you ever wonder why you're alone in life?

It's a positive trait for all people. Loving your country and protecting it and its culture against foreign hordes who attempt to do that isn't wrong. Neither is Xenophobia in that sense.

However, with Xenophobia you could say it's a "negative trait FOR SOME PEOPLE".

This isn't your safe space. Fuck off.

>trying to make some archaic early anglo 17th century argument that xenophobia is """good""" and not a terrible product of retardation and fear

>nationalism
>a detriment

Just because Uncle Adolf got a bit too carried away doesnt mean nationalism is a bad thing. It existed for a loooooong fucking time before him.

God you sound retarded as fuck. Are you home-schooled?

why didn't gandorf just cast teleport to catch up with the fellowship

Great argument.

Yes, nationalism can be a bad thing...anyone who isnt history illiterate knows that. Just because Brexit and Trump happened doesnt mean nationalism is some benevolent positive that a majority of people even agree with

Nationalism inherently puts roadblocks in place for cultural changes and can worsen relations with a nation's people

Yeah, France disposed of its natural Xenophobia and look how great that turned out to be, amirite?

Kys.

Ah you cheeky little fucker, you actually got me. I actually replied to you seriously and you were just b8ting, god damn it.

8.5/10, you got me good.

>protect muh culture from foreign hordes!
Is half the time not a real or tangible fear, buddy. I hope you have the hindsight to understand why this is spergy
>Neither is Xenophobia in that sense.
No, xenophobia is always bad kiddo...tip your fedora some more though
>This isn't your safe space. Fuck off.
Ah, meaning you cant actually argue? Right

>My cousin Balin will give us a royal welcome!

kind of imposing, isn't it?

Answer these three questions
>do you support a free Taiwan
>do you support a free Tibet
>did you support a free East Timor

Congratulations if you answered yes to one of these three you understand why nationalism is a pretty damn good thing despite the fact that it has been used as the justification for some bad shit in the past.

Not a fear, it's a reality. A statistic reality. You have no-go zones in France, Germany, Sweden and England. You have the constant threat of terrorist attacks with a total of 16 this year just in Europe (more if I'm not mistaken). These are not fears, it's a reality.

>Kiddo, fedora
>Rest is you strutting about as if you're making an argument
Right, see Except you get a 4.5 because you're not even trying anymore. Take a hike, virgin.

not an argument

dude just wanted to see his cousin

>Yeah, France disposed of its natural Xenophobia and look how great that turned out to be, amirite?
Right, because one attack is indicative if an entire statistical trend, despite death by extremism on a global scale to actually be a astronomically low number. But go ahead and do that austistic thing less educated people do and cherrypick a specific crisis to pull some pro xenopnobic narrative against the (minority of the week).
>its bait to think that nationalism can lead to xenophobia
Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Not a bookfag, so maybe an obvious question: Why was Gimli surprised that everyone in Moria was dead, when it everything was covered in an inch of dust and cobwebs like it hadn't been disturbed in a 1000 years? "Oh hey, your brother has been dead so long, his giant ornate tomb is covered in dust."

And yet why were those orcs still ten feet anyway listening for intruders?

that wasn't his tomb you dumbcluck

The Orcs were actually pretty far away, but sound carries.

>One attack
See Not "one attack".
Nice try though.

>Ur retarded
Kek, nice argument. You have no case.

Your rating is going down, your b8 is even shittier now, 4/10.

>conflating extremist attacks with some esoteric """attack on muh culture"""
>therefore its okay to be xenophobic and blame (insert people here)
This literally is not a new thing...

So you don't know?

So how's freshman year of college going? Come back when you've actually lived in the real world and have experienced other cultures that surprise, surprise don't do so well with other people. Not everything your tweed wearing cunt of a professor says is true.

There really havent been that many attacks though....how can you not see the gymnastics you are doing here?

None of this is an argument you buttmat conservicuck.
>im trying to make an argument that xeniphobia is good because of MUH MUSLIM FEARS REEEEE THE WORLD IS ENDING
Hows freshmen year in high school you retarded hick?

As already stated in the thread, Gimli being so eager to go to Moria and expecting everything to be fine is a Hackson invention. In the books it is Gandalf, against the wishes of Aragorn, who suggests Moria.

In the books right before they find Balin's tomb Gimli wonders if he ever actually entered Moria.

>a statistic reality
You dont know what a statistic is, do you? Because statistics disagree with you on terrorism and extremist attacks
>inb4 numbers and math are liberal conspiracies to destroy European cultures

>Dwarven Culture

>It's a fucking mine!

>Extremist
Constant attacks, no-go zones where Somalis and Middle-Easterns have taken up entire neighbourhoods and places for themselves.

It is an attack on the native culture.

>Trying
Stop. You have no argument.

express.co.uk/news/world/693954/Terror-in-Europe-map-deaths-injuries-attacks-2016

I feel like you're b8ting. Like you're not even trying to argue. Either you're fresh off the boat and this is your first contact with debate on Sup Forums and your naivete is excusable or you're purely b8ting.

No one can be this retarded, right?

Read above.

>No argument whatsoever
2/10

>comfy lotr thread
>Sup Forums makes it a race issue

fuck off there's a million other threads for you to ruin

But user if this happened in another thread we wouldnt have been able to piss you off, and I cant live in a world where that didnt happen.

Let me try.

>aye print of ale elf dick

Nah. Still seems retarded.