There are people that actually unironically think Led Zeppelin was better than The Who

>there are people that actually unironically think Led Zeppelin was better than The Who

youtube.com/watch?v=m7AHblQ3_oM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BYgzIEHIY
youtube.com/watch?v=gDbAtWpoA6k
youtube.com/watch?v=IC6SwzXvyzw
youtube.com/watch?v=h4_eSW6D6sc
youtube.com/watch?v=r7T6qU16fT4
youtube.com/watch?v=CEqKwAbrnKE
rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/2/5/150081
youtube.com/watch?v=DthtDjhqVOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think Led Zeppelin is the 2nd most overrated popular rock band of all time.

The Who are easily better. Only morons would disagree.

>there are people browsing this board right now who would dispute that The Who were the GOAT Classic Rock band
Boggles the mind

They're roughly different, I'd say. The Who's way more of a... pop art band, as they put it. Sure, they were loud and agressive, but they were pioneering things like noise rock in '65 and prog rock in '66. In terms of 60's stuff, they really only lose to The Beatles.

> 2nd most overrated
Who is number one?

They just never hit any of my spots, I get it when people explain what they like about them but I don't get it when I listen to them at all. Always sound super bland.

The Rolling Stones

>not the beatles
you fucked up

You know what I have to say to that? Who gives a shit?

You're forgetting the Beach Boys, TVU, Zappa, and Beefheart.

The Beatles are accurately rated. If you disagree, then you are obviously not musically inclined.

I feel it's because The Who influenced so many bands the things that made them special kind of just seem mundane. Teenage Fanclub, The Smiths and Led Zepellin all are very Who-esque in very different ways. The thing about them is more that the way they influenced bands doesn't really feel all that special because of the bands they influenced. Their noise rock experiments influenced Sonic Youth but it also influenced those ending sessions in every stadium rock song where it's like 5 seconds max. And so it never feels like TVU, their most comparable band, where the influence wasn't so well difunded everywhere.

Please explain how The Who are better

Please explain how Led Zeppelin is a good band. Record sales don't count.

their sound was in is unparalleled. the way they all gelled together to let page loose was incredible. There is a reason that they are known as one of the precursors to metal and The Who are not. Each of their members is better than each of The Who's (Plant is the weak spot imo) and they work better together as well.

>The Beatles are accurately rated. If
They could be the greatest band of all time and they would still be overrated

The Doors trump all nigga

Right:
>Beach Boys
Brian's a god amongst men, yes, and Dennis was fantastic. Comparatively they reach the highest peak. The Who, however, was way more experimental with their works - The Beach Boys were more about taking great elements from past pop, while The Who was doing things basically unknown in rock at the time.
>Zappa
Zappa was an interesting character. I love his stuff. I could argue so, but he saw himself more as a satirist. So pushing the boundaries of music to him was more of a secondary thing.
>Beefheart
His entire point was weirdness strung together. Not so much "pushing the boundaries". Still fantastic.
>TVU
Here we have their most comparable band. TVU is arguably more experimental and unique than The Who, however, TVU's issue is a compositional one. Townshend wrote his songs around the band's strengths, while TVU did not - their songs are simpler and thus the band's strengths appears.

>one of the precursors to metal

And The Who presaged punk.

But yeah OP, they never really get a fair shake on here as they're either dismissed as dadrock or just taken for granted.

The Who are fantastic, Led Zeppelin are overrated hacks.

Roger Daltrey was ridiculously better than Plant. Even in Zeppelin's prime. Plant was pretty sloppy live, he sings much better now, and his constant "baby oh baby" quips get old pretty quick
Townshend is one of the best rock songwriters ever, and he's a beast when it comes to rhythm playing. Page's obviously a better lead player but he was so strung out on heroin when playing live he missed notes. Also Moonie >>> Bonzo

The only point where Led Zepellin really had the edge of The Who was the bassist, but John Paul Jones is a god and The Ox was the best member of The Who anyhow - besides, The Who's songs are built around Entwistle being the better member of the band. Very noticeable on Live at Leeds.

They BTFO commies
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BYgzIEHIY

(((commies)))
fx'd

>Whichever one was the bass player
>better than Thunderfingers

>Whichever one was the drummer
>Better than Keith Moon

>Whichever one was the singer
>better than this
youtube.com/watch?v=gDbAtWpoA6k

As for Pete, well. He was good but not as good as the others. Lucky for him he was the one writing all the songs to hold them together.

youtube.com/watch?v=IC6SwzXvyzw
Led Zeppelin turned to shit when they started filling stadiums. They peaked in 1969.

>Joe Shea, then a reporter for the Times Herald-Record, newspaper that covered the event on-site, said he saw the incident. He recalled that Hoffman was actually hit in the back of the head by Townshend's guitar and toppled directly into the pit in front of the stage.
Fucking BASED Pete

The Ox vs JPJ is a legitimately tough battle, actually. Though, The Ox was used way better, which was Pete's strength - using the whole band properly.

>reddit: the post

prophetic

>The song was originally intended to be a part of a rock opera called 'Quads' which was to be set in the future where parents can choose the sex of their children. The idea was later scrapped, but this song survived and was later released as a single.

youtube.com/watch?v=h4_eSW6D6sc

youtube.com/watch?v=r7T6qU16fT4

But physical graffiti is their best album

Redpill Pete

Completely agree. I really don't get the argument that LZ are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Interestingly I recently read about some study where they'd created an AI to listen to music and determine 'influence' over the years. It came to the conclusion that in terms of sound, The Who were the second most 'influential' artist of all time.

>tough battle
youtube.com/watch?v=CEqKwAbrnKE

>Interestingly I recently read about some study...
Gonna need a link to source on that

rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/2/5/150081

>Comparing Led Zeppelin to a literal who

>Daltrey
>Townshend
>Moon
Literal who's

>wants to prove The Who are good
>posts one of their worst songs

Let's settle this for once and for all

THE WHO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>led zepplin
GET IT? NO? YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

>there are people who unironically think Led Zeppelin isn't the greatest band of all time and that the best 6 albums of all time aren't I-PG

i like the who but it's not even close

>best frontman ever
>best bass player ever
>one of the 5 best drummers ever
>one of the 5 best guitarists and songwriters ever
>invented punk rock
>invented power pop
>invented the rock opera

Yet still somehow they are underrated as fuck and everyone only knows YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

>punk
>rock opera
>prog rock
>stadium rock
>noise
>power chords
>growling
>arpeggiated synths
We have a lot to thank them for

I unironically like elton johns pinball wizard more than the original

youtube.com/watch?v=DthtDjhqVOU

I disagree but am a fan of Elton and do enjoy his cover. I don't see Elton mentioned on here enough, and his best song is the Bitch is Back

>punk
garage rock

>rock opera
frank zappa

>prog rock
the nice, moody blues, soft machine, frank zappa

>stadium rock
>good

>noise
futurism

>power chords
link wray

>growling
garage rock

You mean the greatest plagiarists of all time, yes

Actually, the 2nd most overrated rock band of all time is your second favorite band

fuck off

>>rock opera
>frank zappa
????
also saying garage rock invented punk is like saying punk invented new wave. It's misleading.

>????
absolutely free

i'm not saying garage rock invented punk
but punk bands were influenced by mc5, the sonics and the stooges, not the fucking who

>absolutely free
How is that a rock opera?
>but punk bands were influenced by mc5, the sonics and the stooges, not the fucking who
Wrong.

Fuck The Who. lol.
Led zeppelin are not better, the jam is.

Black Sabbath owned them all so hard

Absolutely Free isn't a rock opera
And The Who was a huge influence to punk, wtf are you talking about

at least Zeppelin never got busted for cp

>It came to the conclusion that in terms of sound, The Who were the second most 'influential' artist of all time.
who's the first? is it sabbath or the beatles?

All of those came after The Who or are incorrect. Try again.

>punk bands weren't influenced by the who
Are you high my friend?

Nah, they just fucked minors instead
also, Pete literally dindu nuffin

Pete Townshend might agree with you. He thinks it's the worst song he ever wrote and despises it.

he also thinks I Can See For Miles was his best work.

He's not wrong

God the Tommy movie was a whole new level of bad. Can't believe they even got Jack Nicholson roped up in it. On the positive side Daltrey does a good deafblind impression.

kek