I just finished The Sopranos. What did I think of it?

I just finished The Sopranos. What did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9i-dB_6Dvcw
youtu.be/7_VbsCS97EA
youtube.com/watch?v=VMbkZihuvQI
youtu.be/EINjWUgJNno
youtube.com/watch?v=2iUKcVhcxLM
youtu.be/6lTS8mDPFgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best tv show ever made.

Bane?

Really sloppy production, editing, effects, dubbing in the first two seasons
Then kino

you thought it was decent, even with the meh ending
what did i think of it?

How can a fucking TV show about a bunch of greasy ginney fucks be this kino?

Funniest scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=9i-dB_6Dvcw

Have you watched the prequels yet?

youtu.be/7_VbsCS97EA

youtube.com/watch?v=VMbkZihuvQI

>He jumped out the tree and come at me wit a chainsaw Tone', I got a right to defend myself

youtu.be/EINjWUgJNno
"Hold on a minute!" that fucking cracks me up

Just marathoned your thread and was wondering the same thing

What did I think of it?

Am I, dare I say, /yourguy/?

lel

upboat!

I don't understand how you could have trouble finding an opinion to latch onto. It is agreed that it is the best tv show ever made. You will be on the right side of every Sup Forums arguement. Even in the occasional Mad Men vs The Sopranos thread

I HATE THIS FUCKIN SHIT

>Even in the occasional Mad Men vs The Sopranos
...that happens? You have some sort of justification for comparing shows like The Wire to The Sopranos even though the latter is superior to anyone who doesn't believe in sociology nonsense, but Mad Men? It's not in the same league.

Some people argue this by saying Sopranos caters to the Breaking Bad pleb tier by having guns and violence and mad men is pure dialog and aesthetics

You think

Dropped my popcorn at the last scene

Weird. They could say the same about the teletubbies but they'd be just as wrong.

Earlier in this show the cop working with T did a header off another bridge to self-kill. Chase is kino'ing hard here.

The Wire really suffers from pushing the sociology stuff and forced agenda. Lesbian cop was the worst cop and the lesbian and gays with Omar having massive plot armor mostly because theyre homo was annoying.
Sopranos did it much better without shitting on everything in the Vito episodes

The whole time I read your post I whispered under my breath "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes."

I hated it, for the last 30 seconds of your post, I was rolling on the floor in front of my couch in agony.

Stop watching it.

at least we can all agree on this

I wouldn't put madmen on that list

Was Tony starting to turn into his mother by the end?

Yes agree

Below that are more niche things like
twin peaks or true detective (season 1)

Idk where to put Deadwood

>yfw head down to the river's edge with tony to talk business underneath a bridge

It's Six Feet Under, not Mad Men.

SFU might deal with characters better but the setting is god awful depressingly boring

Especially compared to mad men

Deadwood could have been GOAT but it was ruined by its early cancellation

Holy Trinity

The Sopranos
The Wire
Six Feet Under

The Twelve Apostles

Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Carnivale
Band of Brothers
Twin Peaks
The Shield
The West Wing
Oz
Battlestar Galactica
The Simpsons
Arrested Development

Honorable mentions

-The X-Files
-The Twilight Zone
-Mash
-Roots
-E.R
-Generation Kill

Too soon to say

Fargo
Orange is the New Black
Veep
The Americans
Homeland

Objectively Wrong, Not Good Enough Suggestions:

Boardwalk Empire
Hannibal
House
Lost

The Leftovers

>putting Six Feet Under above Mad Men
>putting OITNB and Veep above Lost
>putting Homeland above Boardwalk Empire

shiggy diggy

I was never depressed or bored by the setting. I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you complaining about set decoration? The bodies brought a lot of life (hoho) and variety to the setting. I never felt the same of the Mad Men offices, if you're talking about how dynamic they were?

you think tony is alive in the end and you want to believe it but deep down you know he was shot in the head and his head was lying in a bowl of onion rings while carmella was pushing AJ out of the booth while they were covered in tonys blood/brains

rewatch it in a year or so and youll feel less bad about that whole family.

But youre mainly upset that Bobby died and Pauly and Janice didnt.

Never watched Homeland, just going by the buzz, but I've sat through two seasons of BE and its tedious, repetitive and cliched, and relies far too heavily on the novelty of the period setting to compensate for the short-comings in story, character and theme, of which they are many. It's greatest crime was just how fucking generic and predictable it was.
Lost is shit, all other arguments discarded.

Mad Men is over-rated. It takes a lot of time to say too little, and again, it leans heavily on atmosphere and setting to distract from what often amounts to a paucity of plotting. Too many characters and plotlines are discarded in a trivial manner, one which never feels like a natural progression (looking at you Bob and Ginsberg) and the ending was a little too neat (Peggy and Stan, Megan's mother and Roger).

I really couldnt get into 6 feet under that much. I stuck through it cause I mainly liked the scenes with the dad and dexter. But i just thought everyone in the show was really unlikeable and annoying

I liked the ending though. And the scene with Nate having to confirm his fiances body was the most disturbing and depressing scene Ive seen. So I'll deff give it points for that

Its more of a personal gripe than an objective one but simply the setting gives off this fake american nuclear town vibe. the fake adverts add to that

Yeah, I can see that.

That's what I liked about it. All of the characters were deeply flawed and human, and I liked that the showrunner made liking them hard at times. I found all of them redeemable and forgiveable though.

I liked that in Sopranos but for some reason in this show they just particularly annoyed me more.

I liked how Nate was flawed cause I find him more relateable. I forget the sisters name, I think Claire. But she mainly just annoyed me too much.

Also the scene with Nate smoking with brenda and her brother was really good. And probably the best realistic and funniest pot smoking scene Ive seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=2iUKcVhcxLM

Found it.

2:00- 2:12 best part

>Says "Bye bye, pop-pop!"
>Literally gets pop popped and goes bye-bye

KINO

>caters to Breaking Bad pleb tier

Nigger Breaking Bad tries to pander to Sopranosfags by aping tons of things that were done better in The Sopranos

King of the Hill > The Simpsons

Fight me.

no because that's correct

tfw you realize the camera never moves during therapist scenes

man, Janice was such a fucking cunt

i hate her even more than Skyler White

>me summarizing a group's opinion = my opinion

>uh uhhhh i don't have a coat

That whole episode on last season where Tony and Bobby get drunk and fight and Bobby beats the shit out of Tony, who tries to restrain his butt devastation the entire episode.

I've never had a book, film, video game or song make me cry. But this scene was pretty close

A daring synthesis of memes

It's okay. Don't know why people worship it though. I'm just not that into mafia type stories. Didn't like Godfather all that much either.

I fucking hate Goodfellas and don't care about The Godfather but I like this show a lot. Felt more genuine.

I'm not saying didn't watch through the series but I can see this being an understandable thought from someone who only watched seasons one and two.

youtu.be/6lTS8mDPFgw

Paulie is gold

Deadwood is better than The Wire.