I do not get the hype for this film. The pacing isn't well distributed. The ending is terrible...

I do not get the hype for this film. The pacing isn't well distributed. The ending is terrible. The "unsettling" elements are comical. The cinematography is OK. It's clichéd what with the use of middle English.

It's a decent film. I suppose the visuals are nice and it's a good idea. I just don't think it deserves the ratings it's getting. People are ignoring films like Embrace of the Serpent and Aferim in favour of slightly above average debut.

>It's clichéd what with the use of middle English.

So trying to be authentic is cliche?

People didn't speak like that. It's how they wrote.

Because

BIG

FAT

PEASANT

ASS

Pleb filter for the ages.

It's a cinematic masterpiece of atmospheric horror and will one day be held on the same level as The Shining and The Exorcist.

>clichéd what with the use of middle English
how. where else has this been done recently

BUT HAVE YOU SEEN HER ASS?

proofs?

That's funny, because to me it indicates a lack of a critical eye and some one who subscribes to the "right" opinion.

It's just cliché to use something that was intended for writing and not speech. Maybe I'm not using the right wording, but it's not great.

Google it. Please spare me the burden of proof.

>People are ignoring films like Embrace of the Serpent and Aferim in favour of slightly above average debut.
people will always ignore films that stray from the norm, mate. The Witch is well deserving of its praise. are others more? sure. but saying that some films are better and more deserving of praise isn't saying much, is it?

about the film itself, i disagree with everything you wrote in the first paragraph. my gf is a horror freak so i get to watch a shitload of horror movies and The Witch breaks the mold in nearly every aspect. fantastic acting, captivating characters, unsettling sequences, etc.

Yet you cant really give a proper reasoning and are basically just saying that it is "overrated". Maybe the movie just had more in store for some people

My reasoning is that it's overrated.

Horror is such a shitty genre that any above average film is hailed as a masterpiece.

mostly this

because /tv are virgins, so any nubile female lead will get attention regardless of movie quality

this desu

Like I said

more like the Bitch amirite?

Your reasoning is the one of a child. Stick to marvel movies, senpai.

Did you read the first line? Obviously not.

this is photoshopped right? no way here eyes are that huge

How do you know that you're not underrating it?

did you guys know that in real life she's still a pure virgin?

See my first paragraph for my reasoning.
Remember the whole "art is subjective" thing?
It's subjective opinion, I'm not going to scientifically provide proofs for my reasoning like a fucking aspie. It's an opinion, get over it.

Oh did I insult the film that makes you feel like a big boy film buff? Fuck off.

might be the lighting

I did. Obviously

But chose to ignore it and create a false argument argument.

Yes of course she is, she doesn't look like a cock hungry slut in this picture at all, juices flowing down her leg in anticipation...

OP here. I guess another positive is the girl. I'd fuck her if it wasn't for her retarded fetal alcohol syndrome eyes. I'd have to fuck her while her dumb face is in the ground so my dick doesn't get soft.

>It's subjective opinion
yes exactly. Thats why your "it is bad because it is bad" or "it is bad because I liked other movies more" reasoning is a bit useless. It is neither a valid criticism without explaining why nor is it a useful way to start a discussion about the movie.
This way it seems more like a shitpost than a thread where you actually try to understand the praise this movie got

Hnng

>she's a brunette
Fucking women lying whores damn viper fuckers slutty bitches hate them all

No. But ironically that is what you are doing by claiming such shit

You're ignoring my first paragraph just like ignored the rest of your post. Get over yourself you fuckin' autistic internet argument master.

She's actually a natual blonde

>Well, I’m actually very lucky, because I look very different from the way I looked in The Witch. I dyed my hair dark and I’m the sort of person that can very easily manipulate what I look like, according to makeup artists. But I really love talking to all kinds of people and I really enjoy making people feel important and valued and special, and that’s not something that’s put on. It’s something that genuinely gives me happiness, to know that someone is being listened to and given the attention that they deserve, because every human being deserves that amount of attention. If someone’s disingenuous or has ulterior motives and you confront them with full-on humanity—I kind of see it as like if a bunny rabbit runs up to a hunter and puts its head on the gun, more than likely, he’s less likely to pull the trigger, if that makes sense.

So you either are shitposting or are unable to express your reasoning.
cool
Nice thread

Are you being a fucking retard unintentionally? Read my post you utterly useless moron. This is how you probably measure you intelligence; by pointing out fallacies you can't even identify properly half the time. Dumb fuckin' kid.

being this triggered lmao

Garms?

Look at her, if you told her your dick shot out skittles she'd probably believe you.

I did read it. You gave no reasoning. "it is bad because it is bad" wont tell anyone what your problem was or is valid criticism.

But OK, if thats the level you want to talk about movies, thats fine. So before we go on discussing the hair color of the actress, spouting memes and doing retarded shitposts, let me adress your OP by using your very own standards:

>I do not get the hype for this film.
Here is why:
The pacing is good. The ending is great. The "unsettling" elements work. The cinematography is OK. It's innovative with the use of middle English.

dunno about "aferim" OP but embrace of the serpent it's really cool but also really less accessible for regular audiences.
i enjoyed the witch, it was good to say the least and i'm ok with it enjoying a bigger reception than maybe it deserves (barely) because I know that people are going to be more interested in watching this than embrace of the serpent, they probably woudn't even finish watching it. not being "kino patrician" meme here tho, both are cool movies.

tl;dr embrace of the serpent > the witch but it's only logical and "fair" for the witch to be more successfull and better received

Please provide your "reasoning" behind that opinion.

Nah, post a source

Solid 7/10

Nah, Google it.

this guy gets it.

exactly. I hope you see now how useless such statements are when discussing the merits of movies

Not him but it's common af knowledge. How old are you

Yes but the girl was a 10/10 waifu material qt so what now op

haha natural blonde my ass. I saw her black bush down there and I can assure you she isn't blonde.

Wait what? You didn't scientifically deduce an opinion? Who the fuck would've guessed that an opinion that is something completely based on taste and relatability isn't compatible with the argument your trying to have. Crazy world we live in.

Also, if your autism can't handle the fact that opinions can't be objectively argued over, ask the mods to all creative boards, you fucking incel.

*delete all creative boards

You do remember that people have much lower expectations for horror/suspense movies, yeah?

Body double

I know. Those retards do like to argue that this "kino" is above horror standards.

the first 10 min felt weirdly paced and the editing was kinda off but i fell into the movie and didn't noticed anything else like that beyond the 20 min mark.

the father, especially his voice and acting, was a 10/10
the girl and brother was ok and the twins were IMO incredible tolerable for a couple of 6 year olds directed by a first time director. the mother was alright i guess but the crow and tit shot was worth the "powerful" although uninteresting performance.
the production was off the charts, nice cinatography, framing, the MUSIC and everything was fucking great. had to look up if the director had done production before directing and of course he has.

only watched it once but it improved in my memory the next week after because then i saw IT FOLLOWS and it felt kind of a let down in comparison.

You seem very opposed to the idea of actually talking about movies. I cant understand why.

Who is talking about objectivity or science, btw? I am talking about explaining your reasoning as to why you have your subjective opinion. This way people can understand why the movie works or doesnt work for other people. This way people can actually have a discussion about the movie.
I cant believe I have to explain this to an adult.

>tfw the only good thing about your entire movie is a goat

>I am talking about explaining your reasoning as to why you have your subjective opinion
How about you do it first with your contrary opinion. I'd really like to see that. Don't worry I'll follow your example because me dumb dumb.

The do it first part was kind of your job as the OP. Welcome to Sup Forums, I am glad you are learning

Funny enough, my opinion isnt really that contrary to yours.

Come on fucker. PLEASE explain your reasoning behind your subjective contrary opinion. I fucking need it. Me dumb me need to learn from smart man.

Then why don't you help me. Tell me what I need to do to "explain the reasoning behind as to why I have a subjective opinion". I'll buy a fucking professional internet argument course from a really well designed website. I need this dude. Otherwise I won't be able to show the thread how smart and cool I am.

>I just started the thread as an echo-chamber, I dont really want to hear opinions that differ from mine
>I dont want to talk about the movie, I just want people to blindly agree with me

OP is a faggot

>He wouldstn't live deliciously.

Yeah man. I totally started a thread arguing about how popular on this website and how overrated it is expecting a big circle jerk. Excellent assumption, Einstein.

Hey man. You smart, me dumb. Me can't provide proof for subjective proof for subjective opinion. Just show me how great you are at arguing. The thread loves you.

Just take your L bro.

Why is this idea so ridiculous to you? People dont want to talk about you, they want to talk about the movie in question. There is nothing smart or professional about explaining your stance. It is literally just the basic requirement for having any sort of conversation.

You are pretty much behaving like CarlTheCuck with your "are you kidding me!?" approach to explaining your reasoning.

Fucking disastrous thread man...you need to learn some web ettiquette and understand how to have a proper discussion among peers before you pull stunts like these. Lead by example, you can be user without being a savage

Please....just....

Have you provided an explanation for your reasoning behind your counter opinion yet?

>He didn't like a film with Chris Finch in

Wow

Not yet. You dont even know how "counter" my opinion is.

I see you try to bullshit your way out of it. Why do you even started this thread, when you obviously dont want to talk about this movie?

thats not actually your waifus body

delicious ass nonetheless

We were talking about the movie, not about one woman.

I want to cum between her eyes.

I don't even care about how imperfect my reasoning is at this point. I was only fucking around because I'm incredibly giddy. Bottom line is that you should realise you're the only person trying to have an argument that has nothing to do with the film which makes you a hypocrite. If you'd like, you have the freedom™ to argue against my opinion as seen in the OP. Maybe you can actually talk about the film this time instead of blaming it on me while also shitting up the thread with arguments you can even make sense of yourself.

Let´s be real - no discussion is going to be happening here with these manbabies around. Lets stick to stimulating webms and images

I wanted to talk about the movie

ITT: OP hides the fact that he is a massive pleb behind "muh subjectivity" and lots of waifuposting

we really need /cel/ or something, you faggots are cancer

You're trivialising an essential idea in art. If you want it be objective go create a communist state populated by all the babies first film buff autistic kids so you can argue about subjectivity in the comfort of your own gulag.

>Maybe you can actually talk about the film
Thats what I am trying the whole time. I am just having a hard time hearing arguments or getting questions answered when all you do is making shitposts instead of talking about the movie.
But I keep trying and make it really simple this time:

>The ending is terrible
why?

I saw this movie in theatres with my family because it was hyped up as amazing, and a very scary horror film.

I was very disappointed. It's pretty boring and unexciting. I'm sure it would get top marks for including all the important stuff in film school, but the way its done makes it a fucking drag to watch. Eyerollingly dull.

>I wanted to talk about the movie

>If you want it be objective
I dont. It cant be objective. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

you got a lot of space

Why would I tell you what I think of the ending when you'll just tell me to explain my reasoning over and over again?

Has anybody seen Morgan? Are there any good body pics of her in it?

>The pacing isn't well distributed.
bullshit, it follows a solid flow of ramping up tension throughout the film, increasing in gradual quantities until the climax
>The ending is terrible
how is it terrible? were you expecting the farmers to defeat satan?
>The "unsettling" elements are comical.
yes, it was hilarious when that kid was screaming in tongues while his parents looked on in sheer terror
>It's clichéd what with the use of middle English.
lol yeah, so many movies use middle english that it's a total cliche

Its a period piece and a suspense movie - its not the fault of the people who created this movie that it was marketed as a straight horror movie in order to maximize profits

i actually did a search

people did speak in middle english

>The "unsettling" elements are comical. The cinematography is OK. It's clichéd what with the use of middle English.
I completely agree with these points

Hey wait, aren't you supposed to explain your reasoning? If you can't, your opinion isn't worth shit! Look I'm learning.

>being this much of a virgin

What was cliche about the use of Middle Engish? Its well agreed that this movie has some pretty authentic MidEnglish language and accents

Jesus Christ OP... so someone new walks into the thread, apparently unaware of the shitshow youve created - and this is what do you do? That´s is not how you encourage discussion

Yeah, it's all my fault. What a showshow!