What age did you grow out of Rap?

It took me this long to realize Hip Hop fucking sucks. I grew up on it, and Im just now realizing how corny and trash it really has became as a genre. Trap is boring, conscious hip hop is corny with retarded stupid ass opinions that only Low-IQ retards would even discuss.

Its the biggest genre, which is probably why it is the worst. Yeah, ive never heard a country album but i bet its a more quality genre than fucking Rap right now.

Ive literally gone from listening to 90% rap to there only being 2 rap artists in my library. And that change only took maybe 2 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/07/17/hip-hoprb-has-now-become-the-dominant-genre-in-the-u-s-for-the-first-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The production is boring as fuck too. When it gets experimental the vocals ruin it.

I feel like no matter what genre you primarily listen while growing up as a teen, you eventually grow out of it. I for example grew listening to metalcore, and now 90% of my music library is ambient rock.

>Its the biggest genre, which is probably why it is the worst.
That is just full-on Hipster bullshit.

i want to have an orgy with peep and all his his sexy twinkie boy toys

Brockhampton inspired me to make this thread btw.

really boring group

Their genre mixing, yelling, and in your face production successfully baited not only critics, but Sup Forums

I like Ameer Van sometimes tho

How? I dont have a problem with liking something popular at all. When a music genre gets extremely popular, it gets oversaturated with bullshit and becomes "the music you make if you want money." Every artist becomes fake and public opinion matters too much. Perfectly describes Rap right now

shit is dooky

Looking past the mainstream trash thats dominating the charts, I still enjoy hip hop artists like MF DOOM and Mc Ride

I never really got into MF Doom, but id probably enjoy him. I like Mc Ride because he is almost the polar opposite of everything I hate about rap right now. I dont actually like more than maybe 60% of Death Grips music, i just really appreciate them

at least this guy was doing something audibly interesting

yeah the pandering goofiness and retardness he used to relate to modern rap fans was disappointing to see but he had some really good heartfelt songs

I still listen to hip-hop, I just don't listen to garbage. 90s Jazz Rap was the pinnacle of hip hop music. Prove me wrong.

The Low End Theory
Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Blowout Comb
De La Soul Is Dead and Stakes is High
Uptown Saturday Night
Jazzmatazz series
To Whom It May Concern by The Freestyle Fellowship
Slum Village's everything
Haiku d'Etat's ST album

A lot of abstract and jazz rap released in the 2000s was great, too, stuff like MF DOOM and a lot of the work by Count Bass D. Fuck off with this "growing out of rap/hip hop" meme, it's a genre that's just as valid as any other with just as much shit to dig through, it just so happens that most of the shit is popular. Stop being so close minded and just follow your ears and listen to what you like.

Good Hip Hop is actually harder to get into than most other genres. You cant just play the album in the background and be like "damn these riffs are nice." The only interesting part of the music is the lyrics so you actually have to dedicate time and attention to it.

Depends on the album and the producer.

false
Any tracks produced in the 'beat generation' are going to have instrumentals that shine through. Lyrics are the forefront of Hip Hop in a lot of ways I suppose, but albums like Shades of Blue are hardly lyrical but revered in the UG all the same

Are you me? Yes rap is fucking boring/corny/cringe inducing. I stopped listening it all together when I was maybe 21

But user, contemporary pop country is just as vapid and superficial as trap music is.

>making the presumption I was ever that pleb

Out of curiosity, which two rap artist do you still listen to?

It has nothing to do with how good they are, I just find myself listening to them alot. Bones (good production, and his non rap songs are pretty interesting)

Kendrick (not alot of pre TPAB stuff. I just like TPAB and Damn musically)

I also listen to ALLA by Rocky alot. Love the production and the whole smooth psychedelic hood feel

Other than a few songs here and there by random artist thats pretty much it. Im not done with alot of my favorite rap artist, just hip hop in general.

I want to curb stomp every one in this fucking thread

If you're not a complete retard you never got into it

>Low IQ retards
>It's the biggest genre

You're throwing false information around like it's fact while commenting on others intelligence.

um

forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/07/17/hip-hoprb-has-now-become-the-dominant-genre-in-the-u-s-for-the-first-time/

when I quit weed

I've never enjoyed rap music unironically as I am not a fucking moron

Oh right.
There's only one country.
Thanks for correcting a brainlet like me

People don't "grow out of" music or art the way they grow out of their little kid clothes.

Their taste evolves because of boredom. Whatever you're getting into instead of rap is something someone younger than you somewhere claims to have already grown out of.

Don't play rhetorical shame games and try to make others feel bad for presently enjoying what you yourself enjoyed for years.

This doesn't happen with actual art.

I like it when its not trying to be anything more than a collection of cool beats and an atmosphere

>DFWposting on Sup Forums

I've never dismissed entire nexuses of culture because I'm not an intellectually lazy cuntface who wants a fast track to hating people

Zzzzzz

If rap is so low-talent and easy to make, then drop an album and become a millionaire.

Oh wait, you can't. because you're a weak willed consumer brainlet who thinks his personal taste defines what's good

t. jass listeners

Dropped rap long time ago, but Brockhampton is one of the best things that happened this year, no doubt

Opinion completely discarded

i genuinely feel bad that you cant enjoy brockhampton

rap is the metal of black music

nujabes is alright

11 years old

Brockhampton is one of the only interesting things to happen in hip hop in ages, your taste is shit and i feel bad for you.

no he wasnt, all his songs were the same boring cliche.

this post just proved that the only reason you really dislike hip hop is because you completely lack taste and anything else you posted is just a cope.

Am I the only one who gets depressed listening to heartbreak and depression/suicide songs on repeat? 10 years ago I was going into the deepest, darkest industrial I could find but ever since I got out of that I really don't wanna go back. I like some of Peep's music but when he sings about how fucked he is I start to feel pretty shit after maybe an hour.

When I got bored of hearing samples and wanted to hear actual musical talent. I grew out of it when I realized that the only reasons rap sounds good is becauz of the produces that actually know about music.