Why do people believe the Tesla clone machine actually worked?

Why do people believe the Tesla clone machine actually worked?

People trust anything than they can't understand.
cf. god

Because it did?

Bu that breaks the point of the movie

what the fuck are you guys talking about?

if it didn't work then what did happen if you're such a genius?

Magic

The guy who drowned, was the alcoholic dude.

just a whole lot a twins and stuff

like, a whole lot

Hats, motherfucker. Do you wear them?

I just watched this five times consecutively. I'm now convinced that Borden never met Tesla

Tesla is in dire financial straits, sees how gullible Angier is, and decides to con him out of some money. Tesla and his manservant manipulate Angier in a long con. They take his money and give him a meaningless light show with the Tesla coil. When Angier gets suspicious, they use a cat to lead Angier to the collection of hates in the field - all placed there by Tesla & co to trick Angier into believing that the machine duplicated them. After Tesla gets all the money he can out of Angier, he gives him the (useless) machine.

Angier realises he was conned and decides to try the same swindle on Borden. If Angier could con Borden into thinking an illusion was real magic, that proves Angier's superiority. He plots extensively, having lifelike dummies in tanks created, the "hats" of the routine, in the hopes that Borden would follow the trail as he did and draw the same conclusion.

When Borden is in gaol, Angier tries again to convince him by manufacturing a diary to support the story. Borden never buys it; he's too canny, and through the diary he sees how Angier was working the con.

When Borden's twin shoots him, Angier finally realizes the simplicity of Borden's trick. Angier considers trying to continue the con (imagining a story of him shooting a duplicate) but realizes he is dying and has lost, so he reveals (this is key) how his goal was always to make the audience believe in the magic and try and forget that it was only an illusion.

The whole movie was structured like a magic trick.

I dont think that's what actually happens in the movie but its a good interpretation

It did work though. The point was to show the extreme he went through just to try and up his rival.

eh

But the implied story shows this just the same, if not more so: the fact that he actually gambled his life over a coin toss and murdered a clone of himself every single performance just to one up his rival. He literally killed himself for this purpose.

it was all a dream

>piles of hats
>2 cats
>angier shooting the other angier
>borden watching angier drown, cordlow appears

are you fucking dumb

Yeah exactly that's what I'm saying... he literally killed himself to have a better show

I like to think that it doesn't. I makes for a better film.

Because, despite the science fiction Tesla bullshit ruining the entire fucking movie, it's the only explenation for what happened.

>science fiction
>greatest scientist in history

>I like to deny reality and believe my fanfic is real

ok