youtube.com/watch?v=MCkZr5k6ZjA
youtube.com/watch?v=IjK_h57ixPw
youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64
hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/how-captain-america-civil-war-892387
youtu.be/Q9d2PKTfJpw
xmovies8.tv/movie/warcraft-2016-161102.78166/watching.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

more like what are some examples of bad cgi amirite?

more like what are some examples of movies based on a book or source that have absolutely 0% in common with the book or source?

apparently the tanks in Godzilla Resurgence tricked a bunch of motherfuckers on this board

LotR except for that one troll that looks like it escaped from a chucky cheese

Anything produced in hollywood since 09

Why were those things CG anyway? It's just a pale bald human. God I hate how overused CG is for things that are done cheaper and easier practically.

In Ant Man, there was never a physical yellowjacket

>mfw bad cgi

The entire tank scene was awesome.
Who has the webm where he first uses atomic breath?

Pirates of the Caribbean, some parts of the LOTR trilogy. Antman looked pretty good too. Also Avatar.

why was the cgi in antman good, then, when the cgi in the civil war was so shit.
should captain america afford a higher budget?
black panther looked like absolute horseshit.
like xbox level cutscene trash

>when the cgi in the civil war was so shit.
Too many actors needed their paychecks.

Now just stop (it upsets me)

power rangers

Ant-man didn't need to pay RDJ's ridiculous fee. I'd wager the big Marvel movies spend over half their budgets just on paying salaries.

>black panther looked like absolute horseshit.
>Black Panther
>CG

Fucking idiot

Avatar was excellent but I think a lot of people will mistake the purely animated parts for the cgi.

all the early scenes with the humans were so fucking bomb.

that... that actually makes sense. i wish SAG would get shut down and the mafia-like jewish nepotism gets fucking broken up and god dammit actors get paid a REASONABLE amount. like 100k for a project that takes almost a year should be good. not like 100k for one day on a 3 week shoot.

prove it then, if you're so great

Black Panther wasn't cgi...

have you ever saw a black panther

didn't think so, sorry buddy tough luck

I dont see what you're seeing but ok, obviously I cant change your mind about it. Black Panther was actually there btw, just enhanced with effects

Avatar actually, but you'll never get this board to admit it.

The Experience Proper is the 3D theatrical screening. Admittedly, without this "blurring" reality/simalacrum, just watching it in 2D the blue plastic catnigger Valley starts to pop out a bit, but the CG is still overall great.

Look at the cast.

Both of those movies have roughly the same budget.

One has 3 big name actors and the other has 15.

Guess where the Civil War budget went

wheretowatch.com/2016/09/black-panthers-all-cgi-suit-true-marvel

there are several "impossible stunts" where, like spider-man, he is cgi'd in. it loks terrible.

yeah i actually really liked this especially him.
King Kong was excellent for its time as well, but that might be nostalgia and whats his faces body acting

Seeing it in IMAX 3D was like a religious experience.

HAAAAAA

this was mental

Well like I said I didn't notice it and most people seem to not complain about it so I guess only Sup Forums patricians picked up on that. The very article you linked talks about how good it is, not that it looks like an xbox cutscene.

Unironically this, the new Planet of the Apes movies are insane from a technical perspective. That Orangutan in particular is arguably one of the best CG effects ever put to film.

I serously though it was just an actualy trained orangutan

Most of LotR still holds up
But that troll in Fellowship looks awful now
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5pdd7xHNI

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is easily the best CGI I've seen. Avatar is second, which is impressive enough considering it came out in 2009.

What makes it even more insane that it was Raining in that scene so it wasnt just normal fur

youtube.com/watch?v=iS4_cqLoks8

When he's talking to Snoke, Kylo Ren's mask was CGI in a scene because they shot it without the mask and later decided the film was better if they saved the maskless reveal for later.

>Most of LotR still holds up
Because most of it its not CGI, its miniatures

Young Michael Douglas in Ant-Man was still noticeably fake but young RDJ in Civil War looked absolutely real to me.

Whats the joke

CUUUUTE!

I think the problem with Civil War were the reshoots, so all of the CGI stuff in that was rushed as shit.

the detail really is incredible. It was also really smart to have a lot of the scenes in the forest where it made sense for things to have that wet look that cgi has

I unironically think this scene was pretty well done

Talking about the battle scenes fuckwit
You don't think I know about WETA?
Here's something that'll depress you WETA is now primarily a CG company

I honestly fail to see how he looks any less realistic than Captain America

I didn't link it for the opinion, as I assume any article about a marvel movie on anything but a counter-culture site would have a positive opinion of them, because money money zeitgeist propaganda
I think the same shit about a lot of the effects in The Hobbit films, even though that too was a lot of prosthetic work 'touched up' by cgi.
It takes a lot of money and skill to make CG properly handle light diffusion so the uncanney valley lurches up hard and makes it look like shit.

I will say, however, I didn't see it on the big screen and I know how much that can affect. I saw Interstellar in Imax and the experience was fucking holy and transcendant whereas just watching it on a laptop its like "oh ok pretty fun cool movie with some sad parts"

oops forgot pic

That's because Cap was probably CGI as well.
They recorded a bunch of actors on a concrete green screen set, cgi'd them into the airport scene....

Then just put CGI actors on top

Topkek

It looks like shit

It was just too big for its own good. George got so caught up in what he could do visually that he forgot about the emotions the audience is supposed to be feeling during that fight.

GOAT CGI for a GOAT movie

youtube.com/watch?v=MCkZr5k6ZjA

I honestly can't wait for the new one. The fact that Andy Serkis hasn't won trillions of Oscars is a travesty. He single-handedly turned mocap into an artform.

Absolute shit cgi coming through

>Talking about the battle scenes fuckwit
Even battle scenes are mostly real
CGI is on the background and not shoved at your face so you dont pay attention to it
If you actually observe it its not that good anymore

The CGI looked good, the character design, not so much.

The CGI in this movie was either a BIG hit or miss, Orcs were a case of a big hit.

yeah this, im so hyped

youtube.com/watch?v=IjK_h57ixPw

Reminds me of Legolas and the troll thing in Moria.

Pacific Rim looked like shit.

Another example of nerds being willing to look past anything if it fits their idea of "fun"

holy fuck i never noticed that.

BANE?

agreed. Orc scenes were also the best acted and written. Movie could've just been them and it would have been better accepted into western audiences for how fuckin kino it was

I saw the trilogy last year on DVD and then again last week on Blu Ray.

As usual with older movies, Blu Ray giveth and taketh away.

Some scenes are fucking sweet in HD and really makes the film better, but in some scenes makes the older CGI stand out a little.
I checked some scenes back on the DVD and you can't tell.

If you aren't a res-fag, DVD is the best option but I'm pretty happy with how the BR turned out

In most of the scenes he totally holds up, I know it's kinda cheating because "wet effect" but at the end of the day it succeeded.

CGI looked like shit. So did all the lightning bolts coming out of him. And eye mouth lasers,etc.
Flash sequence was laughable.

>they have a cave troll

is it gay that i get chills from this. hope the rest of the movie captures this feel.
makes me want to watch a minimally soundtracked quiet viking or medieval war movie where some brothers reluctantly wage war against eachother that climaxes in a lonely duel on a snowy mountaintop where the sounds of their swords clashing and occasional yells are muffled by the blizzard beating down against them.

His pirate crew all look really good too. That part where bootstrap bill comes out of the wall was so nice

No not at all, the planet of the apes reboot has been one of the greatest remakes of all time imo

>VinDieselandTheRocktalking.jpg

No one will argue that the hobbit looks good though, even people that like it. There are direct comparison's to be made to lord of the rings practical effects in that case.

nighy's acting made this movie and the character. goes to show that classically trained british stage actors will forever blow the fuck out of every one else

He played a huge part in making Rango so great too.

roland emmerich movies have amazing cgi

I remember that really throwing me off, even before I learned about why they did it, I knew it was CGI.

Actually this.
Rango was amazing, also GOAT western

>Sorcerers Stone

Every single time this gets posted as an example of bad CGI I honestly don't see it. It looks great to me. What's suppose to be so bad?

DCucks smear campaigns. Don't fall for it

Same thing in Batman v Superman, in a lot of the scenes the mech suit is cgi.

Agreed. The first one was decent but Dawn was legitimately great in it's own right and stands up with the original movie and surpasses most of the sequels too. One of the only times I forgot I was looking at 100% cgi characters. Even Avatar took me out of it with it's boring script

the problem was that only half the movie was cg. the humans being real actors really fucked up the whole movie. not to mention that warcraft humans are supposed to be almost as big as the orcs, which made the orcs' crazy proportions seem even crazier

here's what a real warcraft hooman is supposed to look like

youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

Pretty sure that was his son...

>Blizzard makes some of the best fully CG animations for their games
>Decides to make half CG/half live action movie that looks like an episode of Knightmare

What were they thinking?

you must be really fun and insightful to hang out with

Studio stupidly probably thought star power is what would determine the movies success more than any other factor, ie they need real actors

It wasn't. It's CGI.

hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/how-captain-america-civil-war-892387

Damn, that almost makes up for how shit spider man looked

Wanted

wow so this is why movies are terrible now thanks a lot for being such a fucking retard that any slapped together cartoon garbage is all any studio is interested in anymore you dumb piece of fucking trash

Kept flipping back and forth on whether or not they just had a real oragutan on set.

Same reason Doctor Meme had better CGI than Civil War - they didn't have to pay for RDManlet.

The way the rain matted the fur really made this scene for me. Incredible stuff.

youtu.be/Q9d2PKTfJpw

I think The Fifth Element looks great for being made 20 years ago

too bad the movie was shit

The down grading change to gif actually makes this look passable.

Unironically great. The Warcraft movie was Ok because it was mostly cookie cutter and the humans weren't great.

But it was NOT as bad as people say, and the Orc scenes were genuinely enjoyable because the CGI was good and felt weighty.

xmovies8.tv/movie/warcraft-2016-161102.78166/watching.html
23:30 mark = pretty good fight imo. If you take it as cheesy high fantasy its a good flick.

what ps3 game is this?

Unironically the only CGI that looks as good as if not better than Avatar