A lot of people say, mistakenly, that all white music has influence from black music

A lot of people say, mistakenly, that all white music has influence from black music.

But if we switch the sides, can you name a black music with no white influence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xB_X9BOAOU
youtube.com/watch?v=mx_fjcPMYC0
youtube.com/watch?v=ScgFIKXKFkc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>can you name a black music with no white influence

All of it.

>if we switch the sides
>its another "whitey thinks racial role reversal is useful and justifies his terrible opinions" thread

also, please cite these "people" who claim ALL white music has influence from black music. You could quite easily argue that the majority of contemporary popular music for the last half century or so has come from black music, but nothing more.

I hope that's a joke.

>You could quite easily argue that the majority of contemporary popular music for the last half century or so has come from black music

Why don't you name them? Rock has black influence but it also has white influence.

Also, how can any music come from black music if black music itself came from white music?

Black musicians hardly ever try to impersonate white ppl music.

Just using something very basic like C D E F G A B they are impersonating white music. Just listen to indian or arabic music and see for yourself what a music outside this system sounds like.

There's no real evidence that the diatonic scale was first developed by whites and there is some evidence that it was used in the ancient middle east and in china.

They didn't seek out western scales and instruments It's kind of just what was there, so it was inevitable.

>There's no real evidence that the diatonic scale was first developed by whites

That's a lie, though. The evidence is from an old hymn from France. Also, another evidence is how instruments from white musics are all made based on that scale.

>there is some evidence that it was used in the ancient middle east and in china

If that was true we would see pieces from that system from those areas. Instead, we got this, which is also great:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xB_X9BOAOU

>The evidence is from an old hymn from France.
That is just the first recorded appearance, there's no reason to believe it was invented for one text. That is not evidence of anything but it being used and could just as likely have been transcribed from a foreign source. This is, "I have an infographic so it's true" level of evidence.

The whole claim by Blacks that Hip Hop Music and Culture is an exclusive product of the Black Community is a myth. I started listening to Hip Hop in 1983. Early Hip Hop was a collaborative effort of all sorts of people from all cultures, Black, White, Latino, Asian. The funny truth is that most of the great early rap records featured white musicians and producers. For example, all of the early tracks by Afrika Bambaata's Soulsonic Force were produced by Arthur Baker (a white dude), on top of the fact that he outright stole Kraftwerk's Trans Europe Express for his breakout hit, Planet Rock. Much of the early Sugar Hill Gang and Grandmaster Flash/Melle Mel tracks were written and produced by a team of mostly white musicians, notably Keith Leblanc, who played the drums on a lot of their biggest tracks, like "The Message." Leblanc went on to work with All Jourgensen and Adrian Sherwood to produce Ministry's Industrial Classic Twitch. Rick Rubin produced many of the beats for the artists on his Def Jam label in its early days, and his style and aesthetic heralded the second wave of Hip Hop beginning in 1985-1986. He was literally the most sought after producer at the time and his label was the hottest label in the game. You can't downplay the influence of Kraftwerk on Hip Hop. Every producer was influenced by them, and Hip Hop as we know it today would not exist were it not for them. Back in those days, 83-86, many Hip Hop DJ's would play tons of European New Wave and Synth music in their sets. The synthesized sounds of European New Wave was another huge influence on the sound and fashion of early Hip Hop, paving the way for the all electronic production techniques adopted by pretty much every Hip Hop act by 83-84.

Not to mention the fact that pretty much all of the tools used to create Hip Hop music were invented by white people.....the turntable to the Synthesizer, drum machine and sampler, the fucking computers and operating systems and most of the software as well.

Do you even know what historiography is? That is a written document which serves as evidence.

Yes I do know what historiography, you apparently don't as you wouldn't bring it up now. What you actually mean is paleography, the study of historical texts.

>Rock has black influence but it also has white influence.

The two biggest influences on rock were electric blues and big band jazz which were both pioneered by black musicians. Country (honky-tonk) was only really an influence on rockabilly, and even then it's hardly "white music" considering when it started it was basically blues marketed for segregated white audiences.

You can argue whites developed the genre but the basis of it is on black music.

*cough* jazz *cough*

Nice downvote, fellow redditor.

blues is just celtic folk performed by black people

There's also influence from Folk, which is what poor white peasants played back in the time of classical composers.

This. It's almost entirely Irish in nature, stolen from them by nigger slaves.

>t. I've never taken music history and don't know that jazz borrows modes, and scales, and a number of other things from white music. To the point of black artists jumping on the third stream trend and other classical music trends. Also the fact that Negro spirituals have a european influence in them
Nice downvoted downvote tumblrina

Yes, let's also not forget that the irish were the first slaves.

Yeah but let's be honest, we stole that from the Egyptians.

Yet nobody can name a black music/genre with no white influence.

>The two biggest influences on rock were electric blues and big band jazz which were both pioneered by black musicians
and electric blues and big band jazz were both influenced by white music, and white music was influenced by ancient greek music, which was influenced by ancient middle eastern music...

this whole argument is pointless and Sup Forums bait anyway

Even famously liberal, anti-white wikipedia can't deny it.

>Blues is a music genre[2] and musical form originated by African Americans in the Deep South of the United States around the end of the 19th century. The genre developed from roots in African musical traditions, African-American work songs, spirituals, and the folk music of white Americans of European heritage.[1]

youtube.com/watch?v=mx_fjcPMYC0

That is the influence for blues, rock and stuff.

Influenced by European folk music along with African worksongs and spirituals ≠ Stolen from Irish music

Irish people weren't even considered white back then, by the way.

>Irish people weren't even considered white back then
Oh, it's a retarded yank. That makes sense. "White" is an American invention. The rest of the world dealt in nationality and ethnolinguistics. Not skin colour.

>A. Can I name one black music not influenced by white music?

How stupid are you?

>B. All of black music has no white influence?

How stupid are you?

(ITT: BRAIN DAMAGED AMERICANS)

I'm not American. But yeah, although it triggers Sup Forums, race is a social construct which changes with time.

>What is tonalism, chord progression, cadence, greek scales, instruments, etc?

Yeah, I knew what image you were referring to when you made your retarded post. It doesn't make your post less retarded.

Is it retarded to state the truth Irish people weren't historically considered "white" in United States? I don't know what you're trying to prove here.

There's nothing to prove. I'm simply mocking you for being retarded.

Ad hominem and appeal to ridicule only makes you look like a fool. I still don't know what you're unconfortable about, when people resort to logical fallacies they're usually trying to prove something.

>American
>mostly of potato nigger with some kraut, pollack and scottish thrown in.
So I'm mostly not white?

It means historically you wouldn't have been considered white in the country of the United States of America.

implying blacks are somehow different in their humanity, you racist shit

[ENTIRE THREAD]

They are, scientifically proven, less intelligent, retarded.

So historically I'm opressed

>le fallacies bro!
Christ, why are you such a stereotype?

I'm simply mocking you for the fact that you're trying to move goalposts to avoid admitting that niggers stole their music from the Irish. Nothing more.

Fallacies show faults in your logical reasoning. You didn't show any proof African-Americans stole anything from the Irish and now you're accusing me of moving goalposts when it was you who changed the topic of discussion from music to the definition of race in . Yet you call me retarded.

>you changed the topic to the definition of race
>Irish people weren't even considered white back then, by the way.

>It's kind of just what was there
So, the very foundation?

>non-whites
>making music
nice joke you got there

Yeah, you cherrypicked that quote and changed the matter of discussion. My point was that blues being influenced by European folk music is not equal to African-Americans stealing Celtic or Irish folk music, which you reaffirmed.

>I KNOW I BROUGHT IT UP BUT YOU RESPONDED TO IT SO THEREFORE YOU'RE THE PROBLEM
Niggers can't help but steal. It's in their very being.

I brought the fact of Irish-Americans not being historically considered white because you said Wikipedia was "anti-white". My argument, which you still didn't respond to, was on blues.

>Irish-Americans
Wrong again. They were simply Irish at the time. Slaves. You had no argument on blues. You just said "NUH UH" and then cried about fallacies, you dunce.

I will never be that happy.

>Wrong again. They were simply Irish at the time. Slaves.

An Irish born and raised in the United States of America is called an Irish-American, independent of their social position.

>You had no argument on blues

>Influenced by European folk music along with African worksongs and spirituals ≠ Stolen from [Celtic or] Irish [folk] music

>You just said "NUH UH" and then cried about fallacies, you dunce.

You're really proud of being logically inconsistent, huh?

>An Irish born and raised in the United States of America is called an Irish-American, independent of their social position.
Good thing we're not talking about someone born in America then. We're talking about Irish men and women kidnapped and shipped to America by the British as slaves. You fucking imbecile.

>this entire thread

This is where you palefaces messed up, threadwise anyway.
In our community, nu-males know to keep their bullshit to themselves. A lesson you'd do well to learn.

>probably a nigger
Why don't you apologize to the Jews? Weren't you the Kangs who invented slavery?

Are you accusing me of being a nigger? I'm not.

>Good thing we're not talking about someone born in America then. We're talking about Irish men and women kidnapped and shipped to America by the British as slaves. You fucking imbecile.

That never happened.

>That never happened

So you're just stupid, either way British people didn't invent slavery. Egyptians did. Also if you have ears you'll hear European influence in Black music.

Mate, what the fuck are you babbling about? When did I ever say the British invented slavery? When did I ever say nigger music didn't steal from whites? Did you respond to the wrong person?

Maybe I am, but it still goes without say. Racism will "die" when black and white people also move past it

Irish people were never brough on ships to America as slaves like Africans were on the fucking Atlantic slave trade. What the fuck?

Go ahead lad. Start screeching "INDENTURED SERVITUDE! INDENTURED SERVITUDE! IT'S DIFFERENT!" and ignoring the history of the British sending Irish people against their will to the far corners of the Earth to perform manual labour without pay and without freedom.

It'll give me a good laugh at the very least.

>British sending Irish people against their will to the far corners of the Earth to perform manual labour without pay and without freedom.

Lolwut? You're moving the goalposts again you silly.

Jesus, you really are a dumb fucking nigger, aren't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=ScgFIKXKFkc

[ENTIRE THREAD]

I am half-black and probably smarter than you. You believe Irish people were kidnapped (!) and brought on ships as slaves (!!!) by the British akin to the Atlantic slave trade, after all.

Seems like you're not responding to my thesis on blues, can I consider it proven?

>I'm a nigger
>And I know nothing of Irish history
Shocking stuff!

it's more creative than the average Sup Forums bait thread

You don't have any argument to prove African-Americans stole blues from the Irish, only meme arrows and laughter .gifs. I rest my case.

It's okay nigger. You're wrong and it hurts knowing your people have never done anything but steal, but you'll get over it.

>it's another episode of Racebait!
Fucking christ I hate this show, how has it gotten so many seasons...

If you want historic examples of white slavery look no further than ottomans and tatars kidnapping christian slavs for slave markets and generally turn them into military fodder.

Irish slavery is a meme.

Yeah whites just invented 12 tone equal temperament tuning and modern harmony, nothing important right, lel.

White people didn't seek out the hip hops, it was just there so it was inevitable.

Europeans, South Americans and Africans have all made large contributions to the music of the modern world. To try and twist things to only credit your race is "we wuz kangz" thought.

This thread proves that Americans are literally incapable of just enjoying something for what it is. They always shove race and politics into everything to cloud their own insecurities.
How does it feel American white man? that literally your entire nation's musical history & contributions have come from the people you enslaved.
LOL no wonder you are all so insecure.

By the way OP is fucking stupid.

>can you name a black music with no white influence?

Virtually all of African folk music? Work songs? Capoeira music?

Also unless you count using the colonizers' instruments which they had little choice (though black skiffle and jug band musicians did make their own instruments) as being an influence, a lot of Afro-Caribbean music genres such as mento and calypso weren't influenced by European music traditions at all (unlike, say, blues or samba).