Incredible albums from a very dark place for the artist?

Incredible albums from a very dark place for the artist?

This and the rest of the ditch trilogy are incredible. Also an Honourable mention to Pink Moon.

What other troubled albums do you love?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JopFOPi1c
youtube.com/watch?v=jITeT6fs3PI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great album. Helped me a lot when my one of my friends died.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and glad you found solace in this wonderful record.

I prefer On the beach but TTN is great.

Ambulance Blues fucks me up every time

this was after ricardo killed himself and tried to kill her
i reckon it influenced quite a bit of it

he was suffering with depression and suicidal thoughts

>Cale described his mood while making Music for a New Society as "grotesque."[1] In an interview with Melody Maker shortly after the album's release, Cale was quoted as saying "That album was agony. It was like method acting. Madness. Excruciating. I just let myself go. It became a kind of therapy, a personal exorcism. The songs are mostly about regret and misplaced faith." In What's Welsh for Zen?, Cale further commented that "There were some examples where songs ended up so emaciated they weren't songs any more. What I was most interested in was the terror of the moment... It was a bleak record all right, but it wasn't made to make people jump out of windows."[1]

i guess this was a product of the usual depression, anxiety, feeling isolated and alienated, disdain for pop music and the music industry in general, confusion towards music in general..

best neil young album desu

Killed himself shortly after he made this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JopFOPi1c

You can hear the depression.

Nice

What's the story with this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=jITeT6fs3PI

Somehow TTN has never grown old on me, I can listen to it in a good or bad mood, but it always makes me feel better. My favorite album.

Tour van accident fucked this band up royal, but this album wouldn't have been the same had it not.

You're the same, you're basically just a stupid fucking sad teenager right now. You're pathetic.
Good luck getting better idiot.
I was given a gown and my belongings were inventoried and confiscated.
I sat and waited in my gown.
Eventually, Two skittish nurses and some community college educated social worker baby-talked their questions to me as a lurching police officer glared at me disgustedly over their shoulders.
I'd chosen to go in at a time where I was feeling okay so i would be fully able to articulate and describe the symptoms I was experiencing so I could potentially receive the most accurate treatment. I thought that made the most sense.
I didn't want to wait until I was in the midst of some anxious episode and having to hyperventilate my troubles out thru a salty humiliated fog. I thought that made the most sense.
I sat and calmy described my symptoms. I tried to convey how terrified i was. I tried to tell them i couldnt do it anymore.
This was received with a couple bored nods and sparse notes being jotted down on a clipboard.
Eventually i was hurried along and any complexity of my disease was all quickly reduced to two simple questions:
"Are you suicidal? Do you wanna hurt anyone else?"
No.
No I don't. I can't think of anything I wanna do less than die, I can't think of anything that frightens me or gives me more anxiety than the uncertainty of what happens when you die.
No.
No I don't actively want to hurt anyone, to be honest, the fact that I voluntarily came in here could be seen as an indication that I'm absolutely exhausted and desperate to stop hurting myself and everyone else by not confronting this shit for so long.
wrong answer.

poor dave

>My favorite album
it really is a great choice

This is gorgeous

Tidied up the backside of the LP recently. I think it looks pretty cool/relatively unseen

Oh god, is that what happened? I love the last two tracks on that thing, they sound like they're trying to be upbeat but you can still hear the melancholy