Baby groot in gotg2

Pretty disappointed the money whores at Marvel decided to make a great character like Groot into a Minion clone to appeal to drooling 4 year olds and 20-something year old girls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEPbXYzE5_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares, this the worst mcu franchise

>a talking tree was a great character
>a talking tree who knew exactly three words was a great character

There was only one good part in that trailer

Is it really worse than Thor, though?

>A great character
I agree, one of the best performances I've seen in a long time.

Nope have you forgotten Thor exists? Or jessica jones?

That happened in the last movie, though.

How would you have portrayed him?
And he would have to be small for this film because of how part one ended. So how would you have portrayed him? Would you have made him dark and edgy to appeal to the Hot Topic crowd?
I want to hear your take.

but that's how groot was in the comic

I just watched this too and I spent the entire trailer repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 20 seconds it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky baby tree movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place.

Op here.
Probably couldve kept him the same as the first one similar to chewbacca in star wars. He doesnt really have to change, and you dont have to make him small you could just say he regenerates fast.

It also happened in the comics.

But OP is a poseur who doesn't read comics.

Who wrote the exact same post yesterday. Or did you just copy and paste it from yesterday?
Pretty much trying to pair parrot an opinion of DCucks. Kek

I'm saving this pasta for future use.

Seconding.
I love his character so much. I thought they were gonna take the 'everything is taken literally' joke too far in the first one, but they did it just enough to keep it funny when it happened.
I hope they keep it that way in the second one. He's one of the very few Marvel characters I enjoy seeing on screen.

I read the comics, and marvel has made it clear they dont give a fuck about following the comics in most of their franchises.
>but muh comics

>a great character

Disgusting, the only thing worse than the fact that this filth will garner heaps of unwarranted praise and earn billions of dollars in profit (all while making a complete mockery of the art of film making) is the fact that the numale plebeians that have infested this board will openly praise it here. This board was supposed to be a safe haven for people who truly understood and cared about film, but the legions of loathsome plebs have turned into just another unenlightened cesspit, where genuine and intelligent discussion of film comes to die. Now "movie buffs" openly and shamelessly discuss and praise shallow trash like capeshit (this), Star Wars, Harry Potter, and all sorts bottom of the barrel shit that I would never even subject my worst enemy to viewing. Go ahead, clap and cheer while the epic computer racoon does something "badass" and laugh at the funny man delivering another "hilarious" and "witty" quip, but remember that you do not truly understand film and that you do not truly belong here.

This is a pasta from the first GOTG movie you disgusting newshit that came here because of Star Wars 7

Fucking christ /film/ cant come soon enough

>normies and redditers love baby groot more than drax

just let this movie flop please

*tips fedora*. Shut up eletist their is no shame in liking both indie film and big blockbusters. They each serve a different purpose.

This literally takes place after about a month from the first movie. Plus he's been small in the comics too. So they're sticking to the source material as well. Just because you don't like it and everything has to be dark and edgy to appeal to you fedora fags doesn't mean they have to shit on the character like that.

They dont have to ruin a character becuase it happened in the comics, they diverge from the comics all the time. And i never said to make him dark or edgy dumbass you said that yourself

Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise (the entire character of Groot)
youtube.com/watch?v=BEPbXYzE5_Y

Sup Forums humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME

What, just Marvel? I don't remember Batman and Superman outright murdering people in their comics. Maybe some Elseworlds story but that's about it.

I don't see it as ruining the character. He is small because he grew from a sapling. And he is acting his age. I never seen toddlers act like 40 year old men just to appeal to retards who don't like babies, puppies or any small things like that.

I think is valid. People would get sick of seeing the normal groot doing the same shit for a whole other movie. Like Hulk in the first Avengers, everyone wanted to see him but was already sick of him in the first minutes of AoU. Also baby groot will probably grow throughout the movie and be even bigger and stronger at the end

Marvel has followed the source material and making their characters as close to the source material better than any other company or Studio has ever done.

>GAY FROGS

only posers say 'poseur' you fucking faggot

Is The Rock still doing the voice?

I watched this and desu I don't even care.

Good thing this is a movie then

>I'm disappointed they created a children's character in a movie for children

This is your brain when you are a sub-90 IQ monkey.

Rock never did the voice. It was Vin Diesel.

At the end of the first GotG where Groot protects everyone in his shell and tells Rocket, "WE WUZ GROOT N SHIT," what did he mean by this?

I like the Racoon character.

>wood teeth
>wood tongue

kinda freaky desu

How fucking stupid are you people? These are not new original characters they are making up, baby groot has been a thing for a long ass time. The length's your guys's victim complex and paranoia will go to when something is popular is insane.

Always epect the first few comment to be comeplete bullshit artist

>DCucks, not even once

baby groot is literally "*HOLDS UP SPORK!" the character. Its like he was made specially to sell merchandise to chubby weird 15 year old suburban white girls who shop at hot topic

How would you have portrayed Baby Groot? Dark and edgy to appeal to edgelords?

The audience don't want pleb-tier pandering - we want characters with, erm, character. Not facile zero-dimensional bits of cardboard.
Groot in the first film was a character which developed thru the movie; I suspect with this new baby groot we will see very very little in the way of character development - he will stay cute thruout the film and not change or grow in any significant way.

Thor 3 is gonna be great though

Who the fuck cares what you suspect? The movie isn't out yet.

What does being cute have to do with character development or dimensions?

god this part always makes me chuckle even as a reaction image

its perfect

You dont have to see it. I doubt anyone cares too much about what you're up to.

Can the tryhards here stop pretending Marvel is "destroying" some sort of legacy from the guardians of the galaxy? This was a failed comic book, no one ever bought it or liked it, but suddenly when the movies came out everyone remembered it fondly from their childhood? I fucking hate the tryhards here and on reddit pretending to be fans of something no one ever liked.

Lol check out this tryhard.

Absolutely nothing - that's the point. His character will not develop - it will remain just a cute sidekick. His character is now fixed, unchanging. Just wait and see.

Actually, it's a failed re-boot of a failed comic from the 80's...but you don't ever hear the tryhards say that, eh? The comic was doubly disliked, no one cared til the movie. This is one awesome example of Marvel btfo'ing itself.

He's a fucking tree that can only say his name you nigger.

How do i /draxmode/?

And yet, in the first movie, he moves from a fucking tree that can only say his name to an empathetic, self-sacrificing, compassionate, loving member of the family. He moves from 'just a tree' to 'Jesus Christ the Savior'.
It seems likely that in the second film we will just see Groot the Cute. No development at all.

>Go to local kino shop
>Watching Dr. Quips
>GOTG2 trailer comes on
>Baby Groot
>Grown man says "awww" loud enough for the theatre to hear
>Entire theatre bursts out in laughter
>Trump wins the election that night and I thank our holy lord in heaven for bringing an end to events such as that