Why do so many American sports teams move all the time?

why do so many American sports teams move all the time?

money

next question

Americans are cruel when it comes to money. They forced the GOAT hockey player to move to LA just to try and drum up NHL hype in the US.

Why do teams change their logos in a shitty one?

those are so beautiful
they brought back the logo recently but the colors are all fucked up. bright orange.

Disney no longer has ownership in the team

Because americans have no notion of tradition, history or culture.

>teams
there is no such thing as "teams" in American leagues.
What you call a "team" is in fact a franchise, a subpart of a brand, which is the league itself.
When you understand this, everything else make sense: the draft, the salary cap, the shared revenues, etc.

this, we don't deserve to be fans of such fucking horrid institutions. That's why as of last march I became and FC Monaco supporter and hopefully mbappe stays with us

Don't you have a Qatar Airlines logo to plaster somewhere.

The NHL is a Canadian league

Check our college athletics for that which are more popular in like half the country

Because franchise owners don't want to pay for their own building and now that we have crossed the line where it is a taxpayer expense they will hold it over our heads constantly

>taxpayer expense
>the communist oblast of america

the best college athletes are mercanaries, fits well with relocation

are they really? I thought that X State University recruited from X State only (or neighbors)

no

The short answer is It used to be that they moved because sales were dwindling in their current city, usually intertwined with poor competitive performance and negative coverage in local media.

The difference now is that teams don't make most of their money from selling tickets and merch anymore, they make it from TV ad revenue. So now they move to try to capture new TV markets for their leagues (see: Los Angels and Las Vegas).

State unis typically recruit most heavily from their own state, but because there are often multiple big sports powers per state they will have to delve into other more populous state's pools. Almost all of a colleges team will be from their geographical state region though, except the occasional superstar from somewhere else.

Switching college teams isn't nearly as common as any professional sport such as your guy's soccer and any US major league

Almost every college team will have very significant and storied histories, especially the Ivy League, very notable state unis such as Michigan and Cal Berkeley, and very sucessful colleges such as Stanford and USC.

Thanks for comprehensive answer senpai

No, that's not what happened. You are confusing the effect and the cause.

False. The Red Wings have much more tradition than FLY EMIRATES.

>founded 1926
literal babby club

Minnesota should have gotten the North Stars name. Would people really be that confused if the Stars and North Stars both existed?

>tfw my great-grandfather attended the championship won by my city's team, a team which still remains there today (just as I do)

long sports traditions -do- exist here

>what are the Packers
>what are the 2/3 of the Original Six NHL teams
>what is most of the old MLB teams

Delete this please :(

My dad attended the first championship for my city's NBA team

;_;