Ctrl f "Ash"

>ctrl f "Ash"
>0 results

Why are none of you talking about the most fun Sup Forums show today?

Tonight's episode was great. This second season is a massive improvement over the first and has been nonstop entertaining. Surprised by how much character depth Ash has gotten this season, too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgmHHbleJpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N7S0NotbW8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man, this show is just ripping off that show that dr cox is in

Holy shit they referenced Ash having gone to the middle ages!!!!
(This is a big deal because it's the first reference they've made to Army o Darkness, and no they don't have the rights to it at the moment.)

>not liking dr.Cox show

yeah they do. They got the rights after season one.
Fuck me sideways if they go back to the AoD timeline next season.

No.
>“I’ve been sort of putting that to bed. It was a random thing that Rob [Tapert] said, and you know how the internet is, if you see one sentence written, it’s real. I think Rob was more alluding to the fact that we’ve already taken stuff that would have been in Army of Darkness. He still time-travels before Army of Darkness. People have always asked, “Where is Army of Darkness?” Like, we don’t really need Army of Darkness. That was sort of our take on the whole thing. You’ve got to be careful referencing certain movies, because then you have to make deals with certain partners that might own those certain movies.”

Great episode, you're right about season 2 being better than season 1. 1 was great but the middle episodes dragged a bit and the female black cop annoyed me. 2 doesn't have any major flaws, my only complaint is I wished they hadn't killed off Brock, Chet and Cheryl so soon.

I think they can get away with a vague reference to him traveling to the middle ages since he did that at the end of Evil Dead 2. They can't mention any details of his adventures in Army of Darkness.

Who was the redhead in tonight's episode? She was gorgeous.

Fucking 10/10 episode!

I will bust a nut on my moms face if Ash fucks up time and the present becomes a Mad Max like wasteland.

Even better!
>Cyborg deadites
>A gang that acts like templar knights but with machineguns and swords.
>Dark ones controlling a shit-ton of undead and demons.

>back to the cabin
>again

I'm wondering if it will be a running gag if the series goes on.

>Season 3
>We get to go back in time to see the cabin being built.

Tanya
but i can't not see Velma in her

but before that, his younger self with his co. finds him in the basement of the cabin

For a second, I thought Ted Raimi wasn't going to be portraying Henrietta in deadite form. Thank god I was wrong.

They had a clip of him and his car falling to the ground in a previous episode.

>It gets really exciting
>Episode ends

Wish this show was longer.

get subscribed for starz then

He went to Middle Ages at the end of part 2 so they can reference that

I want them to explain why he went back to the haunted cabin after he killed his sister and his friends
Seems dumb even for ash

what are you talking about?

The amount of stuff they wanted to do with the series over the years is staggering
>merging the timelines of the alternate endings in AoD
>merging the 2013 film into the classic series timeline

I don't know if the show is super popular outside of Sup Forums but if it is I can see some pretty weird stuff going down before it ends

Is Season 3 confirmed?

Apparently 2013 is already in the same timeline.

Yeah but they've yet to actually demonstrate that. What's her name from the remake would be cool as a companion to Ash, because she's kind of batshit like him

Damn I think I'm gonna marathon the whole series tonight.

Yep, Season 3 confirmed.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think one of the producers said that they'd make at least 5 seasons

youtube.com/watch?v=kgmHHbleJpQ

youtube.com/watch?v=N7S0NotbW8I

"Going to the middle ages" isn't an army of darkness reference since that happened at the end of Evil Dead 2.

Yeah its totally ripping off a show that came out after it.

damn.. have to wait another year for a new season:( and probably alo just 5hours summed

There is one more episode for this season.

I dunno why Ash vs Evil Dead isn't more popular on this board.
It deserves to be.

is this the last episode?

i know but still.

at least the one week skip hopefully gives the final larger viewer scores, now that westworld ended

Evil dead will always get a pass from me.

The first time I ever saw Evil dead was back in the day when Internet was something you only see in big cities and the only video store was owned by heavy Catholic people.

I got a vhs from a friend who's brother lived in green bay and would copy them and give them to his friends and family.

Its was a blank vhs tape with a piece of masking tape and the words THE EVIL DEAD written in sharpie. I never saw a movie like it and still to this day its the one horror movie I can watch over and over again

Have yet to see Westworld, I've seen the old movie, and there is nothing I find bad about it, but I just have not watched it yet.

Was the Pablo illusion created by Baal to make Ash go back in time?

>Ash's note to Pablo in the trunk
Laughed quite a bit

my guess the book knows he has to go back in time.

I bet they are going to do that thing where it seems like he can change the past when in reality he is just pushing along the events. Classic time travel fuckyou, they would never do the Back to the Future time travel.

Dollars to donuts the portal they tossed the book in placed it back in the middle ages where is was "Found" like some kind of Red Dwarf time loop.

I'm getting kinda tired of LOL IT'S LIKE THAT THING FROM THE MOVIES

It's getting a bit grating now that all they have in the tank is nostalgia for scenes from decades ago. For fuck's sake they did a shot for shot remake of the tiny Ash scene complete with the same background music

Did AoD ever establish time travel rules? We know Ash got back to the present and everything was okay, but that could still mean any number of time travel rules are at play

They have yet to give any hard rules but it seems like what is supposed to happen, happens.

So in contexts its doesn't mean you can really change the past, you are just participating. But then again they would never just let Pablo stay dead so they might do something else.

I base my opinion on previous time travel shenanigans in movies and tv I've seen before. But I would like to state that we have yet to see enough to give a concrete statement, so its just a theory at best.

I wish they could get the rights to Friday the 13th or Nightmare on elm street so we could see a bit of a show down.

The ash vs Freddy vs Jason was my favorite Evil dead comic.

It would be cool if Ash sees Jason and just goes, "Not this asshole again."

that's not Blunt Talk

season 2 kelly is much more annoying than season 1
the DSLs in the first season weren't bad to look at even if her character was shit

I prefer season 1 because it literally would make me laugh out loud

They nailed the tree scene. The roots and twigs tied them really nice and tight.
The invisible demon was so so, sounded like a plane.

they getaway without treerape this time

Could just be a combination of the angel dust/weed/massive amounts of alcohol/survivor's guilt that Ash had at the time

>Sup Forums
>fun

Where the fuck do you think you are

they should just screw it and have gabrielle or callisto next season

I love that Raimi dolly shot
At this point I instinctively put the slashes around tv, even when I'm just referring to a show

>callisto
fuck yeah

i think i'm still in love with callisto

Kevin Sorbo should play a demon hunter.

>episode 8
>one of the turned characters tells Ash they need to make like a tree and FUCK YOUUU
>episode 9
>rapist tree returns

Hue

Callisto looks like this now?

because it's on Starz, and people went full autistic on how the show's approach doesn't adhere to their own personal head cannon of how you can do an Evil Dead show.

If they don't license an Ashy Slashy plushie next year I've literally lost all faith in humanity.

Look at that milf.

People will bitch about anything, the show is a clear advancement on how a story of a guy who gets put in this kind of situation.

Ash is acting just like pompous asshole who saved the world would.

The double-bait.

Pretending to be retarded is still being retarded.

my new waifu.

The season will end with Ash, Ruby and Kelly being sucked into the portal from the ending of ED2, and falling into the middle ages.

Seems like they're doing that, the guy ash gave the beer to looked like the alcoholic bum they almost hit with the car before time travel

For some goddamn reason my cable provider showed the series finale, it turns out Bill passed to Pablos body to trick them and go to the past, then they encounter young Ruby who works with Bill,Ash challenges Bill to a mano a mano without his powers and of course Bill cheats but

I liked it when Lucy Lawless pointed out it could have been worse, that was an obvious nod to the old tree rape scene.

Anyone else noticed that phalic-looking tree root between Kelly's tights?
It was just for a moment when the camera was showing her struggling from above.

they only did this in evil dead 2 because they didn't have the rights to the first movie, if you want to see the story like they intended it to be you have to cut the first movie after ash get's hit by the force and start the second when he is flying through the woods after being hit by the force.

Oh man, I noticed the final episode available for viewing, but I thought it was just a mistake and didn't even bother trying to watch it.

Has it leaked online?

I'm going to go search for it.

>Henrietta
>Ted Raimi
>Cheryl
>Professor Knowby
>The Cabin

Fuck all we need is Sam back to direct and it'd be perfect

I wonder why the Chet character was such a misfire

Were they just not sure what to do with him?

of course :)

I loved the shit out of season 2, but I can understand what people might have felt upon starting season 1. It did seem a bit off to me as well. I might have to go back to season 1 and see if it still feels awkward or i just needed time to adjust to the direction the whole series has taken over 40 odd years

Still hoping for some real timeline fuckery with Future Ash as well

That's honestly fair enough in my opinion, if I was going to be offended by any rape scene in a movie it would probably be the one in Evil Dead

>my cable provider showed the series finale

then use [[spoiler ]] tags

Trips confirm

I want that thing so bad now, fuck you.
Oh boy I sure hope they end up in post apocalyptic london, like the original ending of AoD intended
a) that never happened b) after this episode I can't believe the ending will be this bad
You just made me gonna rewatch that scene 3 - 4 times (not that I would have anyways because I have a thing for tree bondage ever since I watched The Evil Dead when I was still a boy)

i liked Chet, but it's odd Ash is so wrecked because of Pablo's death, but not of his dad or bff

I always liked Evil Dead 2 better than the original too

The original was too edgy, tonally they were almost like A Serbian Film - and it's a tone Raimi has NEVER revisited, ED2/AoD/Hercules/Xena/Drag Me To Hell/Spartacus/even fucking Oz the Great and Powerful all have more in common with each other in terms of dialogue, musical cues and lighthearted treatment of violence than any of them do with the original Evil Dead.

Chet was great, the only problem is they killed him off so soon. I was hoping he would become a sidekick.

I think it might be cumulative

Like his complete moral collapse at the end of season 1 where he already knew HE was going to survive either way and he chose to potentially provoke the fucking apocalypse rather than see Kelly and Pablo die

>That's honestly fair enough in my opinion

I agree, I know its stupid to hate on every rape scene but the tree one just seemed gratuitous.

And dubs.

Also just think about how great it would be to get Kane Hodder and Robert Englund to reprise their roles.

this
of course the second was better, he realized what made the first one good and focused on that

focking feminists, the bunch of you.

No for real that scene was over the top and that topic should be acted upon very carefully.

Gratuitous is correct. I feel like an SJW but it did feel like a bunch of guys behind the camera trying to figure out how far they could push the boundaries of good taste.

I didn't mind the scene in the 2013 one though, it was still explicit but also treated the character in a more humane manner

>I didn't mind the scene in the 2013 one though, it was still explicit but also treated the character in a more humane manner

I think this is the way it should have gone, she went through some shit in that movie. I want to see her character show up in the tv show.

It would cool if Ash's time travel shenanigans alters history so the remake is now the timeline and he gets to team up with her.

Also he has to mention fighting either Jason or freddy.

idk i found that 2013 tree raping scene more gruesome

I've got a stupid Sup Forums reference here but it reminds me of Super Mario Bros.

Something's totally off in the first Super Mario Bros that makes it look distinct from literally every title afterwards. Like 2/3/World/Land/64/Sunshine/Galaxy ALL have this unified design philosophy and sort of shared continuity that has almost nothing to do with the first installment aside from the basic "guy jumps on stuff" mechanic.

And a big part of it is they made every single monster look friendlier.

>they made every single monster look friendlier.
PolCorrectness was a mistake

Wait so this show is only a continuity of Evil Dead 2?
They don't have the rights to Evil Dead 1 or Army of Darkness?

no and fuck off
yes, every movie belongs to a different studio

They got the right to at least AoD before season 2 was made, I don't know about og ED.

More like Ash vs Memevil Reddead

Think about what you just posted, you should feel ashamed about how weak that bait was.

I liked it but we already got an episode where they went back to the cabin from Evil Dead 1. I mean, now there's time travel, so maybe they're going the long way around to faux-AoD, but it feels like they're running low on ideas (which is a shame after we got Ashy Slashy and the treasure trove of season 2)

Ash vs Memevil Deddit?

They have the rights to 1 and 2, not AoD. They even referenced the differences between 1 and 2 in last nights episode. Ash was confused because he thought he found the book on the desk (like in 2), then he remembered that he found it in the basement with Scottie (like in 1). I believe that was the first time Scottie was mentioned by name in the series.

And of course we had a Cheryl episode earlier this season that used flashback scenes from 1.

I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy epic chainsaw hand lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Yeah but the whole movie is a gruelling experience for her and the rape has obviously traumatised her in the next few scenes. In the original it didn't do much for the character and there was hardly any sympathy for her ordeal.

They've noted that he killed his sister, which iirc only happened in ED1, so I think it's mostly AoD they had issues with until season 2

No more like

nice bait there sir, here's your (you).