Since everything mainstream is rap now, what's next?

Since everything mainstream is rap now, what's next?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=skWI1OLdMQA
youtube.com/watch?v=DRrkAqnY8wI
open.spotify.com/track/6Eu1V3AwGRg3dqtO5yiDXs?si=BX8C00rYS16ep9Ux0cHdeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rock 2: the sequel to rock

can't wait

lmao.

I bet it's going to R&B/Trap made with a more punk aesthetic.

post-rap

genuinely excited

That's what we have right now you fucking freak

That sounds unbearably bad and talentless.

The R&B is largely separate from the "punk"/trap thing going on. Both mainstream, but I assume they'll fuse more and allow white people to enter.

Progressive hip-hop aka Hip-Prog or Prog-Hop

Jamiroquai has been around for 30 years dude. White r&b singers have existed already.

hype

PRRAP

Holy shit you are a moron plebe.

1. the thing you are talking about already exists right fucking now
2. there have been white r&b singers

That exists. Ludacris sampled new world symphony

So this then?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=skWI1OLdMQA

Sure there have been white R&B artists, but it's time for maximum gentrification of the Soundcloud scene expanding off of Lil Peep's legacy.

I think soundcloud rap will be dead by this time next year.
Trap has nowhere else to go but down.
Pop rap has always always been garbage. Right now the charts are dominated by pop rap but its all white rappers lol.
I honestly think rap is going to hit a wall soon.

My non rap predictions are that EDM will evolve into IDM again. Except it will be big in america.
The powers that be want to get drugs out of electronic music to make more sheckles. So EDM has to turn into listening music instead of dancing music.

Indie will make a slight come back in a form that fuses indie, vaporwave, lounge music, easy listening, soul, tame impala like production, and that mac demarco type jizz jass garbage.

But there will be another movement in indie thats more of a punk jazz king kruel thing.
It will take king kruel, chet baker, punk, jazz, lo fi hip hop, dub. Maybe a bit of lenored cohen and tom waits in there somewhere and combine it to make something like this i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=DRrkAqnY8wI

edm is the only right answer

If EDM becomes as popular as rap is now I'm gonna excommunicate to north korea

more predictions

people keep wanting nu metal to come back ironically. It not going to come back.

Nu punk is going to be a thing instead.

Its going to combine hip hop clothing and maybe some rap singing with pop punk.

Bands like 21 pilots are the proto model.

I'd be okay with this so long as edm artists actually git good and learn to play synth with some chops. Feed Me is a good example. Also it's not allowed to have lyrics because they ruin edm.

Rap blows anyway. How many times can they repeat the same moronic simple themes?

open.spotify.com/track/6Eu1V3AwGRg3dqtO5yiDXs?si=BX8C00rYS16ep9Ux0cHdeA

more predictions

Indie in metal will continue to secretly touch each others dicks behind the high school gym class.
The various metal and indie subgenres will fuse on and off with each other.
thrash gaze.

Tame impla will release a ground breaking album that will create the new genre of psychedelic synthpop and it will spread its tentecals as businessmen parachute into any website or local scenes that has such bands

I'd kill for a vaporwave revival

you have to think about what could be more degenerate than rap and black culture, because that's what the jews are going to push on us

Next big wave for edgy teens is gonna be school shooter rap calling it now

chinese music is going to become the dominant art form

Thissssss China and Brazil are gonna gain more cultural power over the next couple of decades, reggaeton out the ass and Chinese trap

Whatever's next is already happening right now
Just not in the mainstream

Please no I fucking hate reggaeton

Lole me too

it doesnt have to mean the current popular edm, just electronic dance music in general

reggaeton isnt even a brazilian thing lol

Don’t worry user I, a non-retard, get your point

Music as a whole is in decline and will be much less prevalent in society for the forseeable future, until eventually we get another 20th century-esque wave of quality stuff

>what's next?
The fall of Jerusalem and subsequent collapse of the west. People largely stop caring about music if they aren't dead. Nothing to worry about.

it's probably gonna sound really low energy and woozy, much more emotional and less hype. the trap hats and tempo will be slowed down and lyrics will be much more sparse and layered