Why electronic music is not as respected as classical or jazz...

why electronic music is not as respected as classical or jazz? why some dimwits claim that electronic music is not "real music" despite the fact it's as real as it gets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=98uZgPXBEKE
youtu.be/cjKVJ2z66fk
stockhausenspace.blogspot.rs/2015/11/kontakte-planning-design.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o
soundcloud.com/ayntrotsky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because if artist like Grimes exist then it will never be taken seriously

It does not take nearly as much work or discipline to make good electronic music as it does to make good classical or jazz.

If you buy the right equipment you can start churning out your average electronic music in a matter of weeks.

grimes is quality and she's taken seriously by the music scene. wtf are you talking about?

Don't start this troll thread again.

Well let's see. Classical has been around since the middle ages and flipped music on its head a million times. Jazz flipped music on its head a few times as well. Electronic music is mostly popular music, which just has traditional harmony and structure and a few bleeps and bloops.

Gee I don't fucking know.

define electronic music

>which just has traditional harmony and structure and a few bleeps and bloop
lmao! you're either baiting or you're really dumb. show me what's traditional about a piece like this: youtube.com/watch?v=98uZgPXBEKE

if you need a definition for a thing that exists for more than half a century, this thread is not for you.

but it doesn't mean anything other than music played with electronic instruments
you can't compare it to classical or jazz
you could play classical and jazz with electronic instruments and it would be both jazz/classical and electronic music

I reported this like 14 times what the hell mods

Grimes a shit

It already is. There is tons of fine art music incorporating electronics.

nice b8 OP

I said mostly. And while that's a good example of high art electronic music, it's nowhere near as intricate and mind-bending as the best classical music can offer.

Define electronic music.
Define classical.
Define jazz.

And how the fuck are you going to compare these things, they've been around for vastly different locations and periods of time.

why do you report music discussion, asshole? also announcing reports is a bannable offense.

Are you trying to avoid saying that Grimes should be in that list?

what list?

Nowhere near as mind bending as what exactly? And Autechre or any IDM producer for that matter is a good example of high art electronic music? Seriously?
youtu.be/cjKVJ2z66fk
The score for this is 700 pages long.
stockhausenspace.blogspot.rs/2015/11/kontakte-planning-design.html?m=1

none of that shit is high art.

Nobody likes you grimes kill yourself

Stop playing dumb. If you're OP, you want to assert that Grimes should be as respected as other greats in electronic music. Are you not? If you are here to argue over semantics, that isn't very relevant to the thread either.

>none of that shit is high art.
You're not even trying. Come on, at least I could laugh at baits few years ago.

i'm saying about electronic music in general. that pic is just an electronic musician. this thread is about electronic music, not her in particular.

Grimes a cute

fuck you, i'm not even grimes.

James then, go kill yourself

Sure, electronic music is more accessible than other mediums, but it's actually a lot more difficult to create good electronic music. There's a lot more involved and the creative possibilities are near endless compared to acoustic instruments which are very limited in comparison.

With acoustic instruments, the sound it produces is the sound you work with, whereas with a synthesiser you can create many sounds that can fulfill many different purposes, you have to discover what sounds you want to create and then how to go about creating them and how best to use them with your other sounds, which can take a lot of effort.

It's also great for solo artists, I doubt many people who solo with acoustic instruments have any space for a drum kit to accompany their music. But with electronic music everything is a lot more compact, you have many instruments at your disposal.

good post

FPBP

youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o
this is the most groundbreaking and forward thinking piece of music of the last 50 years and it could be called electronic music
>post-African repetitions

I love this guy

soundcloud.com/ayntrotsky

It's real like a player piano.

you can't even begin to tell me why i should think autechre is high art for starters?
is it because they make sounds out of maxmsp? is that why you think its high art???

>>post-African repetitions
you fell for that meme

anyone who isn't a total normie pleb or a dumb metalhead respects electronic music in yurop

its true. majority of electronic music all depends on repetition of a sound they like and then a minor change in build up.
repetition is a huge factor into how electronic music is made.

repetition is good for the brain. the brain prefers to predict the next move not to be surprised by some random crap. that's why people prefer pop music and not some experimental crap.
btw as a matter of fact you could make non repeating electronic music.

europe is much more electronic music friendly than the rest of the world. the best 80% of the electronic artists come from europe. electronic music is definitely a european thing.

Do you mean electronic music as a whole or non-dance electronic music? there's plenty of respected electronic dance artists around today like Disclosure or Sbtrkt, or do you mean the more experimental kraftwerk esque electronic music that doesn't use sampling

thats my kind of woman

Its not a debate worth having. People have said the same about every medium when it was new and always will, other people looking down on something doesn't change it.

cuz they're stupid

Why aren't gamers as respected as professional athletes who play the real games I don't get it

>as real as it gets
how is it as real as it gets if it requires the use of sounds not found in nature to be made

Bump

My life is hell

I think think there's enough attention in the world for you

Vangelis

And I don't want to. I think you've confused posters. I'm .